2019-01-10 17:46:24

So recently the Tk source was leaked, witch is bad because clones, but there haven't been people, giving, out the source. I have the source to mess aroudn with, I probably won't even host it, and if i do, it'll just be me and my friends...
Now the problem is, Ivan has decided to take down the main tk server because of really nothing, unless I don't realize everything that's happened with this source, noone's really done anything that bad. If your worried about loosing money, you have a few deticaded people who like the payed version because it has active and good devs, x0, and the people in the small people who payed for it is a decent one...
Now, if your adamant on taking it down, I want my money back!
I payed 10 dollars, and it was only a couple weeks ago, and Ivan says, Only people who payed 7 days or less ago will get money back, that's stupid! You made the game payed, then almost immitiately took it down, that's stupid!
That money came out of my pocket, because my parents don't have vary much money to spend on trivial things like games, there not good for you, etc etc.
And I don't have mmuch money being a 13 year old.
So I'd apreciate my money back, you don't even have that many things to pay back! Maybe 200 dollars tops. So please pay back or put the server up, cause I Really enjoyed the game.
If your worried about people logging in as dev, just think, they can't do anything to your server unless they are the one running the server application, and you can change your host and ports.
This was a long post and I"m writing it at school, I just wanted to do this before I forget.
cheers...

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-01-10 17:49:38

Well, did it via paypal, file a complaint to the dev.

Also, if written in the license agreement, a developer, producer or seller of a product can define how long you will have your moneyback guarantee.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-01-10 18:11:56

there is no license agreement though

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-01-10 20:39:11

Open a case about that with paypal..
They should help you, as long as it hasn't been 180 days since you paid the money I think.

2019-01-10 21:33:59

Deer Lord, will this drama ever end? Honestly, as much as I love audiogames, if people don't store their source in a secure manner, there could be no original audiogames left. Storing it on Dropbox is not an option. Storing it on your local machine with deficient security is not an option. For Christ's sake, if the best you can do is a zip with a password on Google Drive, that's better than nothing. Am I saying this is Ivan's fault? No.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2019-01-10 21:55:01

post 1. didn't the source, in your opinion, worth $10? I personally can't blame ivan for taking it down, if TK is the new playground, and no appreciation is shown, why bother? blame the person who leaked it...

2019-01-10 22:08:36

You can open the case with Paypal, but you already paid for what I am selling, you have an activation key. I will keep the registration server running, so saying I removed your key isn't an option. The server is up and running, but I won't go to big lengths to patch the game, etc. As for all the developers like X0, they want nothing to do with a game that has, as braille0109 stated, a playgorund for 10 year old kids who have no respect for any developers what so ever.
If you have other questions please ask on this topic.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-01-11 00:19:14

ok? well if the servers running, wheres my key? i know you said that its not supported, but here your saying its still running but i don't get a key? at that point i can file a complaint, unless i get it by tomarrow, thats a hole week. It wasn't even my own money, so i reccomend you get me that key, thanks.

2019-01-11 01:05:10

also, why are you writing nothing on your page about this? And still let people buy the game normaly via the page?

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-01-11 01:06:21

@TheTrueSwampGamer, have you tried contacting Ivan in private about your situation?

2019-01-11 09:27:02

I'm glad I'm not personally involved in this crap anymore. Just saying...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-11 18:51:21

OK, I'll preface this with the fact that I don't understand the situation because I don't play that game. But, am I correct in assuming that the registration server is still active when the game is in fact not. If that is the case, then it's downright dirty not to refund people their money, and to continue to keep the store page up, if in deed, it is. Yes, you'd be selling a key, but to what? It's like saying, I want to go out here and buy a Ford Raptor, ah, here, I've bought a key, but the only Raptor on the lot, this key will not work with. So what you now have is worthless. You have a key to a car that doesn't work with said key.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-01-11 21:23:00

@post 12, the official server is up. If we see enough interest in the official version, we will update the game. However, at it stands everyone is running their own servers and clients, but there are still the small percent of players who want to play the official version, and it will still remain as shareware.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-01-12 00:41:40

As far as I'm concerned it's just perfect karma, something that's very rare in this world.
I find my self lucky to be experiencing such beauty.
Still, I can't in good conscience say that this source steeling environment is a positive thing either.
I'd just feel much more sympathetic if it was almost anyone else it was happening to.

2019-01-12 02:02:59

ahem. So yeah,at the post that says something about blaming the person who leaked it. Ivan was the one that leaked it. He posted a link in a skype group, his dropbox links being disabled, and someone re enabled them... Well I think we all know what happened at that point. So um, his own fault, as I see it.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-01-12 02:18:59

And this, folks, is why dropbox is never a good idea for code distribution. Password protected links on sync.com, or a secure ftp directory. Y'all got no excuses now, those who don't have a website anyway, because you could just as easily obtain one for free from jc-hosting, and I wanna Jennios as well?
Just a general food for thought.

2019-01-12 03:00:32

oh oh oh oh what skype group give me i am idiot hahahaha i want source give me source source give me sdjfaklsdj!
ok, just kidding guys! fuck that!
the official tk just got a new player as of about 1:30AM on the 11th of janurary, central standard time!
welcome omegga37, or 21savage, back from the dead and back in mafia! download the game at.
www.ims-productions.tk
and pay for the game at,
wwwlims-productions.com/tk/order.php
and yeah, also donate to this project, cause i want it to keep going! have fun yall!

2019-01-12 03:01:36

ok sorry, fucked up the links

2019-01-12 05:06:41

If you don't want your source code leaked then don't put it out in the public.

2019-01-12 05:59:30

@15
If that's true than well... ahahahahahahahahahaha.
Excuse me I need to go change my pants.

2019-01-12 11:56:34

post 15. that may be the case, but I've actually heard something different. I'm not sure which version is actually true. as for post 16, JenniOS who are source hungry as they are, are probably not a good idea to get anything done with. not at a position to comment about JC. apparently they're reliable, but things now take a while to get set up, or so I heard.

2019-01-12 19:01:48

yeah braille. I heard differently as well, but the reason I'm inclined to believe the link one is because of the fact that it was told to me by another of tk's devs.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-01-12 19:35:44

Whatever's wrong with Jennios? Actually wondering this myself. I think they actually are a sublicenser of 1and1 hosting through what I've heard on the page, since they said the server cluster is through them. As for jc, that is indeed true, while it does take a little while to set up, they do deliver and they serve the department well.

2019-01-12 19:57:10 (edited by Lucas1 2019-01-12 19:58:58)

I will never host anything with Jennios due to the fact that they have a reputation of cloning and threatening, and then using legal bullshit to try to justify the activity. I would bet anything that 15 minutes after you put any source code on any hosting platforms that they have, a version of your game would be happily dwelling on the Jennios website. And if you had a website, you can bet that will be cloned too (see http://jennios.com/tk). They have changed the website to include links specific to their company, but the links used to be for Ivan's twitter, etc.

2019-01-13 10:11:38

The links in post 18 were removed, reported as a cloan.