2019-01-07 06:39:23

so, let me explain, i have been a horror movie fan ever since i was about 10 years old, i have watched all of the classics like the Conjuring, Annabelle, the exorcist, etc, so my question, are there any horror movie fans out there, and if there are, i have made this topic for us to all connect and discuss horror movies we love and enjoy

2019-01-07 10:40:08

hello
actually I don't like horror movies, the only movie I like it film series "saw"

let's rock!

2019-01-07 13:01:11 (edited by st.mc 2019-01-07 13:02:24)

can't say I'm a huge fan, but I've watched some. including all of those you mentioned, Evil Dead,  all the Paranormal Activity movies (didn't like them at all) and a few more. The saw franchise was thrilling. Though personally I couldn't feel  the connection to the last two movies, but they were worth watching.
two of the movies that I liked the most were the shining and SinisterThe shining had the best horror story I've ever came across, and Sinister had  awesome sound effects and music. I couldn't sleep for a while after I heard the voices when that guy was playing old film footage.

:)

2019-01-07 14:22:29

Hi,
As a genre, horror is one of my favourites! I've watched horror movies since I was quite young and I have a long list of favourites as well as those that I wouldn't watch again. Although a good old jump scare can and has worked well in a lot of films, I prefer suspenseful scenes and psychological horrors and thrillers.

2019-01-08 11:20:40

Well, as a child/teen I used to be kind of addicted to horror/scifi, but nowadays intense stress can trigger that desire to watch loads of stuff. I prefer body horror: viruses, zombies, mutants and evil aliens... While younger I used to also like mystical stuff: demons, satan and other stuff from hell/the other side. All that psycho killing/sawing/other blood splattering stuff I personally don't really consider as horror, but something of itself and that something doesn't interest me at all.

2019-01-08 22:00:48

I recently got introduced to The Grudge. That's pretty freaky right there.

2019-01-08 23:37:16

Hi.
Well I like horror movies, especially zombies, demons, horrible creatures, and all that. I love the show the x-files, I don't particularly like the mythology ones, the monster episodes are the ones I love. I wish it was a little more graphic that would make it more fun to watch. The one that probably scared me to death was patience and it's nasty man-bat thing. heres the original commercial for the episode , though it's a lot more terrifying if you watch the whole thing.
The sounds the thing makes and how violent it is is sickening to me.
I finally got to watch the exorcist years ago, and I liked it okay. I thought the tv show was pretty ridiculous though. I love the movies dawn of the dead (both versions), I am legend, the exorcist, the shining, orphan, legion, night of the living dead, the birds, day of the dead, and plenty of others.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-01-09 06:53:33

Have any of you watched the conjuring?  And if you have, can you please leave a post with your thoughts about it

2019-01-09 22:07:07

Hi.
No I haven't watched it yet. I will do that as soon as I can. I'll check the movie vault.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2019-01-10 01:35:06

If you can’t find it, I will upload it to dropbox and I’ll give you the link

2019-01-10 08:51:33

Hi SkyGuardian.
I watched the conjuring today, it was pretty good. It wasn't as scary as I hoped it would be. The overall story was great, I'll probably watch the conjuring 2 soon, I'm very curious to see what the next adventure will be. What held my attention was seeing about how the family would fare, and especially the history of the haunted house.
Have you seen any of the old horror movies from the fifties through eighties? Some of them are duds, but some of them are gold. My favorite old horror movie is the birds, the thought of birds rising up and attacking humans is really neat. That's one apocalypse that nobody would even think to imagine. Another great movie from the 2000s is cabin fever. Actually that was one of the first horror movies I saw, and it scared me to death! It's hard to find good horror these days, there is no subtlety anymore, the bad things either have to be giant monsters or serial killer beings. What's more scary to me is what you don't get to see, or something that is too awful to even contemplate.

Guitarman.

2019-01-10 08:54:15

I have watched some of those movies, but what really interested me was the conjuring, because it’s the first movie I’ve ever seen with a story line like this

2019-01-10 09:02:58

Oh there are plenty more. And there are some documentaries that talk about things like this that are touched on in horror movies. Most movies that are about demons or evil spirits aren't as good as something like the conjuring. Most of those are splatter flicks and nothing more. Another one you might like is the haunting. That is really terrifying!

Guitarman.

2019-01-10 11:46:58

@11 this reminded me of the day of the triffids; a sci-fi horror from 60's. alien plants run everywhere and feed on humans, growing in population until a doctor finds a weapon against them.

:)

2019-01-10 18:04:41

Has anyone watched the old Carrie film from 1976? Granted, this is not really the most scary horror movie, more like a horror drama, but this story and the fantastic soundtrack always get me. One of my favorite films.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-01-10 21:31:18

What about oculus

2019-01-10 22:03:35

No haven't checked that one out yet. Maybe after I finish the conjuring movies. Have you seen the mist? It's not as good as Stephen king's novella, but it's still pretty scary.

Guitarman.

2019-01-10 22:33:05

No I've not watched The Mist. Will do it some time. I also liked the first Alien film, I liked the suspenseful approach much more than the action horror of aliens 2.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-01-11 01:18:24

What about anabell

2019-01-11 09:05:30

sorry for  double posting,  but I recommend you watch Annabelle before Annabelle creation, because Annabel creation will spoil it, trust me