2018-11-04 04:23:59

dang it, I can’t really find her temples, or find out how to get to do your teeth or bound to use in rewards. However, I have everyone has the best melee weapons, and I have around 41,000 gold. I can’t remember exactly what I gave them, but it isn’t half bad, in my opinion. It would be better, if my best fighter didn’t only have 14 strength, instead of the like 18 or 20 that it had before.   also, I’m happy, they go to take out the people who have won, and for health before they try and get my purse and with 7 to 3to health, so I win fights extremely easily.   is there anyway to play this game online, without sending in with an Amazon account? I guess I would probably have to start over, but that might make my life easier

2018-11-04 19:27:25

if one of your characters is so badly hurt and with crappy stats, you might think about taking all their good equipment off and getting someone new at a hiring hall somewhere. Look for someone with much better starting stats and replace.

2018-11-05 05:23:58

Thanks for the thoughts! Sorry things have slowed down on the game. I kind of lost my stride when the forum hiccuped. There were some good ideas there I didn't get captured in my issue tracker.

I'm glad to know people are still playing. I've gotten a little despondent about it all. I'm giving a talk in Berlin in early December on "What We Wish We’d Known About Making Audio Games". I wish I had more inspiring things to say to people so there would be more games like this. I was listening to one of my favorites SciFi audio books on a business trip recently, and it made me want to go back and implement all those plans I had for StarLanes. As it is we're nearly pulling teeth to get one client who bought a licensed version of Six Swords to pay up.

Enough of me moaning. You can always throw money at buying wishes to increase your character's stats. That's 100,000 a pop and things like Strength, Constitution and Dexterity have big game effects.

I've got 50+ open items in my issue tracker. What are the most important fixes or features to you?

2018-11-05 16:09:16

I trust your judgment and think you probably know best. I think more cool alternate worlds would be neat or more dungeon types, but I think you have better ideas than I do.

2018-11-05 18:04:20

I need to give this game another shot. I haven't played in forever. I have a question about the premium version. How do I obtain it? Do I have to pay for it on your website? What do you get with premium?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-11-05 20:00:00

Hi:

So I tried the web version of this game. I must have missed something, because I don't see anything that says link account. I was already signed into Amazon at the time andI had Alexa as an app on my iPhone. What am I missing? I alsotried going to the page with the microphone afterh confirming that there was no link an account link on my page. It keeps saying try again after I enter the phrase open Six Swords. The skill is enabled.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-11-06 16:31:20

Hi:

I got the game to work on my iPad, I think. It looks interesting. Yesterday was a  case of not following explicit instructions--again. I'll continue exploring and see what I find.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-11-08 03:50:37

Hey Chris, in large towns (or just to the North of the starting point) you can find a tri-form arch. Entering this will give you an opportunity to move to the premium content area. There's a bit of back-and-forth with Amazon and you have to approve a subscription of $1 a month. After that you will be teleported to the premium content area.

I think you get a week or two for free. If you cancel before that time, you won't be charged. You can cancel through the companion app or, I think, by saying "cancel subscription", in the game. If you have difficulty with it, drop me a line and I'll sort you out. I don't want anyone to pay of they don't think it's worth it.

2018-11-14 22:27:12

have to tell you guys of the supervillain that was the boss of a group of evil creatures infesting an abandoned tower.

My adventurers had just battled through dragons and specters to get to the tower dungeon, and then we stepped inside. The rooms were in total shambles, ruined without a trace of a person in sight. My heroes wondered, what sort of evil could've done this?

They explored, looking for the key to the mystery, and then, in the laboratory, they found the boss monster, the one responsible for all this terrible ruination.

1 mule.

Of course! It had to be such a foul creature, there were no others in the castle to blame. The adventurers struck at the abomination and exacted vengeance for the cataclysm that had happened here.

=======

It was perhaps the funniest dungeon experience I've had so far, even moreso than the wolly rhinos in the animal den.

I'd like to hear funny dungeon adventure stories from you guys too.

2018-11-30 05:18:19

Just checking in folks. Apparently 6 Swords is one of the few skills with premium content on Alexa. Their marketing people are keen on promoting it since Amazon gets a slice of any revenue. The price for promoting it is making the premium content a little more in your face. I'm not extremely happy about that. I'd rather create content that drew people in rather than was pushed at people. But promotion really helps grow the community.

So I'm just giving a little head's up that there will be a few changes. If you aren't a premium subscriber, you may see it mentioned a bit more. It will also be more prominently mentioned on the web page and in the intro as well. I just want you to know that I'm not going totally commercial here. The free area will always be free, and I'm setting it up so the mentions of premium get less and less frequent over time. There aren't going to be more restrictions on what is there to try to force people to pay. That's not what this is about.

If you are a subscriber, you shouldn't see the messages at all. If you do, let me know. Or if you think the messages are over the top, also let me know. I'll see if I can find a way to negotiate toning them down.

2018-12-28 16:58:23

Hello, slight pattern I've been noticing in dungeons. Easily dealt with now but need to bring it up.

Almost always when I enter a castle dungeon for the first time, especially if I am sent there by a bounty. There are literally no enemies in the dungeon. I usually have to leave the dungeon, stop playing for a while and then come back. This almost never happens in any other sort of  dungeon and happens almost every time with castle/tower/fort/outpost dungeons, particularly I've noticed it in the premium area, but I didn't see many of those catle dungeons outsie of the premium zone so just might be chance.

2018-12-30 04:37:15

Huh. That's kind of odd. I'll look into it. I've got an update to post (just bugfixes) but I'm in change freeze mode due to the holidays. December 26th is the biggest traffic day of the year. So I'm waiting to watch the hump pass before I do an update. So I've got time to look into this. Thank you for reporting.

2018-12-31 05:56:56

wow, i haven't picked this game up ina  while, i always found it north, north, west, west, and not finding anything at all

2019-01-09 17:47:04

Hello Joquinta, hope you had good holidays and a good new year.

I noticed something wrong when I went through a vortex. I arrived at freshwater coast in a new dimension but I am completely surrounded by a lake and cannot go anywhere at all nowhich direction I want to go. I think there might need to be some check system when a vortex sends you somewhere to keep that from happening to you because now I'm very stuck.

Also if you could move me somewhere where I could get around again. I'm the Partnership of Federal Fighters.

2019-01-10 05:56:27

Erk. Sorry about that. That's not supposed to happen. I've entered a bug to fix that and moved you back to the Enuma Elish dimension. I also bumped up one of your companion's hit points a few as a bug finding bounty!

If you have gotten an odd error in the last 24 hours it may be because I've been doing an old user purge. We had 100,000 user records in the database. 83,000 of them were clearly inactive, so I started deleting them. Although I did a sequenced delete, that still pushed the database load up. It should finish in the next hour or so and after that things might be a little faster.

Also I just pushed a fix for a bug someone found for buying a house. The price was 10,000, but it wouldn't let you buy it unless you had at least 100,000.

2019-01-11 13:35:04

Hello!
A little off topic I'm afraid, but do you plane to add support for google home ? It would be nice to see such a complex game on this platforme, since for now, we have a very small amound of games available on it.

Best regard,
Simon

2019-01-11 14:26:59

Hey Simon. Just say "OK Google, open Six Swords". We've been on Google home for about a year and a half. I was looking through my top 100 users and about 20-30% of them are on Google Home. So you are well covered!

2019-01-21 02:44:53

Hey Folks! I've done some work on a parallel game call "6 Thieves", where you play thieves in a big medieval city instead of fighters roaming the country side. I'm at the point where I'm going to open it for Alpha use. There isn't much gameplay yet, but there is a massive city to explore. A quick question first: would people prefer I started a new thread for that and kept this one exclusively about 6 Swords, or should I use this thread for both?

2019-01-21 03:04:12

generally on this forum, if a developer has 2 different games, they do two different threads for them. It also serves the developer well. Someone might think 6 thieves is cool while they think 6 swords is not for them and vice versa, so you'd attract more people if you split your efforts and had a thread for each.

2019-04-25 04:08:42

Classic dungeon crawls are coming to 6 Swords. Along with incremental discoveries you can make in them to unlock chapters of a full length novel. This is a big expansion so I want to do a beta test on it first. If you are interested, drop me a line at [email protected], let me know if you use Alexa or Google Home, and give me the e-mail address you have linked to your device.
This won't affect your normal characters!

2019-05-01 23:16:28

Beta test is over. New content released for 6 Swords: new features have appeared across the freeplay and premium worlds offering classic dungeon crawls. Some chests in the dungeons offer keys to unlock chapters of the novel Red Queen. A new library feature in outposts, forts and castles allows you to listen to unlocked chapters from within the game.

2019-05-01 23:46:03

Joquinta,

though I haven't taken part in the Beta test, glad to hear and great to see some new content, eager to try it out soon.

2019-05-02 03:19:47

One thing I’ve noticed is that for some reason the weapons that do freezing damage seem to display the damage before that character goes. For example, a beetle will take three damage and then Bob will go swinging a +3 of frost or hammer and then the next person will go. But it used to work normally and I’m just a bit confused

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2019-05-03 02:51:46

Thanks for reporting that, Jimmy69. It was a big, complicated update, and I have been concerned that there were going to be unanticipated consequences that I didn't find in testing. I really didn't mess with the combat area, so it's a confusing one. But I'll see if I can recreate it and fix it.

2019-05-03 12:41:21

This isn’t a new bug, it’s been happening for about nine months or so. I just didn’t know how to report it

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality