2019-01-08 19:12:59

no, it's don't work like that.
Wich zone is a circle, and there are few exit: north-west, east for exemple. When you go left or fight, you turn around the circle. IT's for that I ask how to know where go the différents exits.

2019-01-08 19:31:06 (edited by pulseman45 2019-01-08 19:33:11)

@Lirin: For some reason I didn't know that I needed the firmware for a while, which I should have known because it's logical and every PlayStation Emulator need it. I wonder how difficult it would actually be to rip the PS3 firmware without sighted help, I doubt it's even possible but would love to be proven wrong.
Also I started playing the PS2 version but didn't go very far for the moment, but whatever the version I hope the sound design is good enough that you can react accordingly to ennemies attacks.
Well, at least I assume this is the case, but for example in audiogames such as the BK series the enemies attacks are often telegraphed, whereas it's completely different in The Gate or AAC. But I would rather expect the former from a mainstream game.

2019-01-08 20:27:16

pulseman45 wrote:

@Lirin: For some reason I didn't know that I needed the firmware for a while, which I should have known because it's logical and every PlayStation Emulator need it. I wonder how difficult it would actually be to rip the PS3 firmware without sighted help, I doubt it's even possible but would love to be proven wrong.

fortunately, you're wrong haha.
there's no need of riping the firmware verssion from your ps3, you can download the firmware from sony's official site.
its legal, because you need it if you change the internal disk of your console.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2019-01-08 21:00:13 (edited by pulseman45 2019-01-08 21:03:27)

Yes, I thought one could download it, though it's a good surprise you can find it on Sony's website. I mean, even the tutorials I found about RPCS3 suggested ripping the firmware directly from the console, but if Sony itself allow you to download it then why bother?
Besides, we have 2 PS3s, a slim one that my brother has and I don't see him that often, and another one from 2007 which unfortunately fell victim to YLOD.

2019-01-08 21:39:16

Oh! well, my fault haha regarding the firmware. big_smile

The original ps2 version is really different for us as for example every weapon swing is consuming your SP plus the combat is much slower there. In new version there are combos, a lot of skills and difficulty level to choose from. Also, you can now change the volumes of audio in the options if you wish.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-01-08 23:06:11

That sounds really cool. And no, you really shouldn't feel guilty about the firmware.

2019-01-08 23:58:22

I never finished it, playing on the ps4 version... but maybe it's time to look into it again. I did get frustrated with the lack of ability to productively navigate through the menus, and how much more I had to do to get skills and the like.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-01-09 00:22:43

@32: Well, with OCR I can read their descriptions so I know where I am exactly in the menus.
A bit offtop here: Assault, any idea if you can play effectively Dragon's crown? I find difficult to do things like collect needed stuff for the quests with right analog stick. I am asking because maybe there's something I don't know about.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-09 00:42:07

Nope, I never got into Dragon's Crown. And if I had the specs to run a ps3 emulator with OCR, I would be right on it.

2019-01-09 02:09:49

Hm, yeah, I am trying to figure it out but I am stuck at the first guild mission where I need to collect bones. OCR works perfectly there and this is really useful.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-09 02:12:57

Hello_
~26 : I'm not sure of what you're talking about, but I don't think the example you refer to is a side scroller situation. So we're probably not talking about the same thing.

Best regard,
Simon

2019-01-09 02:24:43 (edited by assault_freak 2019-01-09 02:25:08)

Yes, he is. There are certain types of side scrollers that have limited vertical movement as well, and that actually do bring you back in a circle if you don't go out the right exit. There's a term for them, but I don't remember what it is. IT isn't a typical side scroller where the screen just keeps scrolling to the right as you move. Many games have done this since the 90s. That's where all the secret paths, hidden items and stuff can be found.

2019-01-09 09:36:16

Hi.
Wow that sounds amazing. my computer is currently not powerful enough to run such emulator, but I'll get a more powerful machine later this year. So I look forward to give this a try.
OCR in NVDA kicks ass in so many ways... big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-18 18:06:13

So I'm curious, how did the installation process work for games?  I'm considering getting a disc based copy of soulcalibur four.  I know it's not the best in the series, but I've I never got the chance to play it and would love to.

2019-01-18 20:25:31

Soul cal 4 is one of the best in my opinion, of course the series set such a high standard that anything less than great feels terrible, like soul cal 5, though the mechanics were sound, it was missing too many familiar faces and two thirds of its planned content, so was a decent enough game. But soul blade, soul cal 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are all wonderful games.

Still would like a general menu guide for this one.

2019-01-18 21:30:52

I've played 2, 3, 6 and love them all.  would love to play 4.

2019-01-19 12:45:32

Anyone figured out the third chapter of Gwendolyn? This mountain area is kinda frustrating or I am just missing something there.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-19 15:58:47

have you tried ripping games from a disc?  if so I'll get some of my old games back.

2019-01-19 16:12:49

Me not but possible. I have good source to get what I want so... smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2020-03-28 22:02:41

hello
Lirin
maybe you can help run this game?
i dont stant how
thanks