2019-01-07 06:13:11

Can someone help me out with bugs in Adventures at C:?
Basically, the version I can download has some unpassable bugs within the game. In My Downloads level, toward the end of the level, you run a great distance fighting off viruses that come in unlimited quantities at you. When you reach a certain point in the level, the viruses become more powerful. When you want to fight off the very first such virus, the game glitches, and you cannot use your laser or move at all for that matter. Then, you lose the level. Online, the game developer said that he was working on the patch to stop that glitch from occurring, but in the mean while, one has to exit out of the level, and re-do it. I Re-did the level multiple times, leveled up, and that glitch where you cannot do anything even with full life bar keeps on happening.
Also, in My Pictures level, there are a couple of gaps which you have to jump over. There very last one is unjumpable. No matter how far or close you jump, you still fall and die. How do you proceed further? This dilemma happens at the start of the level.
Lastly, in My Music level, there are bombs and metal data. The instructions say to hit down and alt to pick up the bomb, to walk a couple of steps, and hit alt again to throw it to destroy the metal data. The problem with this one is that the alt key simply doesn't work at all.
So any feedback would be welcomed, and if over the years a patch was indeed made available, please tell me where to get it. The game I'm using was downloaded in 2018.
Thanks.

2019-01-07 06:46:27

hello, the downloads problem is not a bug.
the viruses that are there are called zip boms.
their sound is very loud, and when they join each other, they make a lot of noise and the speakers have not the capability to handle that large amount of sounds and the game stops making any sound until you die!
hope you get the answer.

2019-01-08 03:57:30

No, the Zip Bombs are fine. By the time you reach square 1642 or something, there are no more Zip Bombs.
But immediately after that, there is some havy energysounding grid. If you're close to it or try to outjump it, you die no matter how much life in a life bar you have. Sound disappears and you cannot use your laser or knife.

2019-01-08 06:07:25

after a long time, i am going to check it.
but i know, arren baker will not update this game because it the 3.2.2 was his last update of aac.

2019-01-08 11:38:41

i'm assuming what's probably happening with you is you're being teleported by the bird thing in downloads. Once that happens, your best bet is to just walk back rather than just keep going forward, because the ferther forward you go the more those zip bombs stack up and max out your speakers. that, or as soon as you hear the boss music, just stop moving intirely and let the boss move to you. i've usually found that to work. that said, i've never been all that great at aac, I never really liked it, it has so many balancing issues it's not even funny, but that's another topic for another day. Regarding the bombs, i'm not sure why, but the alt key seems to have this wierd 50 per cent chance of actually working. Just stand by the bomb and keep pressing alt until it does something, i'd recommend turning on sleep mode in nvda though since there's no pick up sound and you might miss the speech telling you you picked it up and just continuesly pick it up and put it down or something. also, make sure the bomb is completely centred in your sterrio field, in other words, make sure you're standing on exactly the same tile as the bomb. If you're using mac os in a vm, then you'l probably need to map another key to alt with vmware fusion, or make sure you're holding down function when pressing alt.

2019-01-08 12:37:51

hi cmerry
that's what, i was telling him.

2019-01-08 13:46:55

Actually if I'm not mistaken, in Downloads, the boss will never come to you. In fact, he's always running away, dropping zip bombs every few seconds as he goes. If you eventually catch up to him, he'll start running away in the other direction.

If this goes on for long enough, eventually he'll reach one end or the other of the stage. When that happens, he has nowhere to run, but he keeps dropping zip bombs. Eventually enough zip bombs stack up on top of each other to cause problems. When you get close enough to hear this huge stack of zip bombs, what you end up hearing sounds more like some large machine or something. As you move close enough for them to start approaching and attacking, BGT's sound system is overloaded, so everything sort of starts disappearing. In fact, you *can* use your laser and knife, you just can't hear anything. However, at this point there are so many zip bombs attacking that you don't stand a chance of killing anywhere even close to all of them. Eventually you die, but due to the sound system overloading, you don't hear that either. After you die, all the sounds of the stage are cut off so you can hear the death stinger.

I hope this helps explain what's going on.

2019-01-08 22:22:07

I'm going to try these tips because after defeating the easy boss, you go through those endless zip bombs until you kill them all and the energy grid just cancels out all the sound. The bird thing is easy and was not a problem though. But either way, I will try to stay still for the boss and to go back scenarios.

2019-01-10 08:08:54

Yes, finally! I have beaten the My Downloads level.
I've tried all the suggestions but they were all inconclusive: Going back to the beginning of the level didn't do anything; The bird with the teleporter was not it; Not going far enough to avoid the zip bombs was not completing the level either.
But I've figured it out, and it is a bug. So after you have beaten all of the zip bombs which there are hundreds, on cell 1654, there is a loud energy grid person who stands there still. If you come too close to him or try to attack him with either knife or the laser, the sound goes away, the game freezes, and you die.
So instead of attacking him, you have to only walk as far as to make him run after you.
You have to run back to the teleporter. You have to make sure that the energy guy keeps up with you.
Then, you jump over the teleporter, and wait until the guy walks into it. The first energy guy disappears.
Then, you have to run all the way back to cell 1654, where you incounter yet another one of such energy guys.
At first I thought that there should be another hundred of those as with the zip bombs.
But no, you can simply jump over the energy guy and attack him with a knife. When you do it it works, and the 2 or 3 energy guys get defeated just as easily as the zip bombs.
The final boss gets to be attacked with the knife multiple times, and the level is completed.
So the glitch was only with the first energy guy.
Thanks for all that contributed to this little walk-through.

2019-01-10 11:47:30

I think what you're calling an energy guy is actually a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge collection of zip bombs which have spawned on top of each other while you were busy attacking the individual zip bombs on the way to the end of the level. If you kill the boss before he runs to the end of the level, that never happens.

2019-01-10 20:31:17

Weird, the boss only appears at the end of the level for me.
If you don't go through all the zip bombs, you just stand there and nothing happens.
The zip bombs start after the malware saying you shall be deleted. But I thought he was the boss, and he was not.
The level gets completed only when you reach the end. So the wave of zip bombs had to be dealt with.
Anyway, I'm happy I figured it out.
It's funny that for me the Program Files level was easier to beat than Downloads with just a knife.

2019-01-10 21:17:58

Unless something has changed, the boss does appear to your right once the "You shall be deleted" guy is gone. You can hear him running away, saying something you can't understand. If you *immediately* start jumping to your right you should at least hear him.

2019-01-11 08:39:18

when you get an item called your health has been fully restored.
after its one step, the boss level will start, and then you have to jump very fastly to kill it before he escapes from you.