2019-01-08 01:01:07 (edited by kianoosh 2019-01-08 01:01:48)

firefight, is no longer an rpg. It's now an fps. Which means you lose your items when you log out, along with your money. Although your xp and your score and of course your level remain still. Before I forget. Health generator units are gone, As well as missions. Have fun!
Oh and we'll making it when you suicide you don't lose a lot of score, And soon we'll perform a score reset as well.
In the next client update we'll replace the ai system with the target system I mentioned, Hopefully redusing the lag. Oh and we might have a wall detection system like manamon, To help you in fights. Believe me, When you're using grenades you'll need it.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-01-08 02:43:45

Wait, your taking out the AI enemies?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2019-01-08 06:37:00

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tats sexy.

2019-01-08 08:16:03

@26, oh wow! actually, then, i may think about returning in firefight once again! i'll wait for that update.

2019-01-08 11:27:50

pretty good stuff. There's just one problem i have, and that's with the hole losing your shit when you go offline thing. I feel like  this was one of the ways rs suffered, people with no life could just stay on the game with afk 24/7 while the people who, ya know, came on the game on top of there regular skedual like regular human beings, ended up being over powered because they had no shit. i think if you're going to go that root you should at least have an afk timer so people can't keep afk on for hours on end, or better yet just get rid of the afk thing intirely so everyone's the same. That said, i generally think that a game with an actuall character system like ff should take advantage of it a little, but heh. Good luck with the project anyways.

2019-01-08 11:46:08

No AFK in firefight, At all

---

2019-01-08 11:55:16

WTF! are you serious? so if for example, i'm sorry. I want to go to pee and i should fucking lose my stuff? i should exit, or risk by standing there so someone could kill me? this is totally fucked up.

2019-01-08 12:41:07

this is nice. Ff don't need afk. Try kill each other with m4, or main weapon, then collect dollars and buy weapons

Yours kindly

2019-01-08 12:44:29

afk sucks cocks, one of the reasons people hated RS was AFK

2019-01-08 15:39:50

well, totaly give up the game then, the game will be concoured bye 24.7 players

2019-01-08 16:16:34

along with that, your server is verry unstable
it restartsitself evry 10 20 mins or so

2019-01-08 17:28:00

Ok, now it is a rage rant. So, i was fighting with someone, and while i was streight infront and i was shooting, i didn't hit the person eeven when my facing was facing forward! what the fuck is wrong with bullets? how can i not hit a person that is streight infront and i'm looking directly at him? it's dumb! when 5 or 4 or more players are starting to shoot it lags insain and it's not possible to fight! it lags! and today i lost my m8a7 cause of it! only, cause, of lag. My opponent lacks skill but lag is fucking dumb and i can't eeven hit him while his every bullet hits me! Btw i like this new grenade system.

2019-01-08 18:29:34

Oh huh, this is heading the right way in being a lot more rather than a second job.   HOnestly, saving equipment and hiding on afk was always something annoying.   The game should always have a healthy infusion of newly spawned people with base equipment.  I'd like to immagine the price and progression for getting better equipment might be lowered to compensate for the incresed difficulty of playing with stronger weapons. (granted not reduced too far to make it too easy). 

Also I doubt 24.7 players will dominate.  Without AFK, it's harder to hide with hoarded stuff and they'll just get shot. 

Stability issues are always a strong concern for early development, but it'll get resolved at some point.  If there's one change for mission replacements, you might as well make the missions pvp missions between groups of players for a chance at a score boost for victory in certain match types.  WHether this be a huge score boost/loss, or a score booster after the match for a certain ammount of time.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-01-08 18:32:41

well you guys always could act like a terrorist and blow yourself and the strong guy off with a grenade that works i've killed lots of people with grenades but i died in the process too big_smile the terrorist way.

2019-01-08 21:44:25

i agree with the score based system with boosts, however i feel that their should be some better matches as well. While i do enjoy dominating the pvp and just going all over hte place and picking up items, i don't like the hard work i actually put into work, money that is, had to get removed but that isn't the point of this little post that i am writing up here.
The post is here to say that i wouldlike a battle royale match option.n
I feel that you could add in about 10 players, or add a few bots, but they cannot go after the same players. So like if there were 7 players, 3 bots, and those 3 bots can only go after 1 player a piece.

2019-01-08 22:46:58

Love the game, love that its actually an FPS instead of a FPS/RPGISH game.  I am wondering tho, are teams still relevant?  What about the level-up system.  It used  to be that you got more money the higher you leveled up, and now that you lose weapons and money when you either log off and or get killed; is their really a point to it?  Why even level up?  A pause command would also be nice, you know so that if a player has to utilize the commode or acquire some beverages and or food.  I still believe the grenade is a great weapon and that players should start with more than 5.  They would still run out if you started them with 10 so they would have to eventually revert to other means of chaos and destruction.  Keep up the great work.

2019-01-09 11:36:57

Hi,
Well now there are no complains for ff to handle. It's getting improved and suggestions given by players are taken seriously. I liked the way kianoosh and reza are handling things and ff, now is a very good game to play. The server lags but it is also getting improved.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2019-01-09 13:02:24

Thanks guys for the constructive and motivative comments. We found out what is causing the lag when people begin firing and hopefully we're fixing it in the next client update. TheTrueSwompGamer, We had this in mind to add a battle royale mode to the game as well, and from what I found out myself, bgt can handle it well. No worries, that mode we'll be on a difrant server application so it won't lag.

---

2019-01-09 16:19:22

ok, i havent seen that no afk thing, so i take the 24 7 thing back
sorry about that

2019-01-11 11:58:08

Hi guys, Since the problems have been mentioned here, I have to inform you about the new update we did to the game which should hopefully, Reduse the weapon lags a lot. Get the game from
http://idt-group.ir/firefight/en

---

2019-01-12 06:02:18

Their should be a way to choose the map you want to fight in before you connect to the game. also you should respon in said chosen map if you die.  It is a lot of work to gather a group to fight in another map.  Love the other map, and I wish it could be used more.  for example, as another fighting ground. kee up the good work.

2019-01-30 07:33:18

Well, will be there any actual updates? there's nothing new eeven in /changes, the motd still has not changed, well, the lag is still there eeven with that fixx, bullets are still slow. Yeah, the most problem it's eeven not the lag, those are bullets wich are very slow. Especially that's notissable when you are shooting from the far.

2019-01-30 15:43:51

Unfortunately the slowness of the bullets is something we can't do much about, because of the bgt's slow for loops. I was comparing python's for loops and bgt's for loops last night, and to my very very surprise, I found out bgt's for loops are really, really, really slower than python. I expected them to be slower but not that much.
And the slow development on the game is cause of school, And some other stuff we're doing, One being my musission classes. Not that we stopped the development though, Don't get it wrong. Just it might go slower for a while until we get some advantage over these stuff

---

2019-01-30 15:45:02

Strange though, in redspot bullets were fast and good.

2019-01-30 16:01:21

Probably some dodgy coding over there. Bullets probably shouldn’t be relying on for loops that much, maybe some recoding is in order here.