2019-01-02 11:00:09

Oh wow, this was on the 2nd page of topics here. near the end of the list. Lol. Well, guess it's good I brought it to the surface. Anyway, on to my main post.
So, I now have 716 GB of described content. If anyone would like to help me set up something so I can help someone get it all on a central server, that would be great. Then even those that can't get the movies they want from the US are able to do so. I'd be glad to contribute to the cause by offering what I've got and to keep updating it as time goes on. It'll only be movies but, at least I can help keep things together.

Thumbs up

2019-01-02 16:51:05 (edited by grryfindore 2019-01-02 17:03:18)

Hi,
Things have been rather slow around here, we have only done the renaming part so far.
Once that friend gets done with the work and gets free he should be able to put up a page with links of the tv shows for people to download.
I have also started downloading all movies from bmmv with help of miki123211 and they should be downloading as I write.
I'll reach out to ST MC or Sean for missing files, if they are ok with that, once I am done with the site and have it available.

the .tk domains are were giving me trouble with many claiming they aren't what we'd call stable so its better to buy a domain, so that's what I will do either audiovalt or audio described.net
if you have a preference towards one or the other, reach out to me soon. smile
  I realise almost a month has passed, so this months server costs I won't take out of the donations recieved so far, and will rather pay from my own pockets, seems only fare.
  I will go and update the first post now.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-01-02 21:28:11

audiovault sounds nice

:)

Thumbs up +1

2019-01-03 10:02:58

I'd have voted for *** if the spelling was right smile The other option isn't bad though, at least it says what the purpose of the site is.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

Thumbs up +1

2019-01-03 14:27:18 (edited by grryfindore 2019-01-03 14:29:18)

Sheesh lol
I did mean to write Audio Vault but I have this habit of going off of pronounciations even when I know the write spelling... which I don't always lol and being sleepy and blurry eyed.
So a correction, its audiovault not audiovalt.

seems to be 50 50 so far, though.
I will run it til 7 days max, earlier if friend gets time to work on it sooner.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-01-03 18:26:23

I like *** or ADVault.net

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

Thumbs up

2019-01-04 00:04:28

I also prefer ***.

Thumbs up

2019-01-06 07:05:25

Hi,
downloading movies and sheesh, looks like we may have to upgrade the server to add stuff in the future as there are about 6k movies, not accounting for expired links, of course.

giving it a few more hours, and if nothing changes in the poles, we will go with audiovault as its 9 to 8 atm.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-01-06 07:11:19

I agree with ***. This is great!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

Thumbs up

2019-01-08 05:38:57

Guys, I have Arrow Season 1, Gotham Season 1, and Lucifer Seasons 1 and 3
Did the Blind Mice ever get the rest of the shows above.
Mind you, Lucifer was recorded by myself off of Verizon before I had chord cut.
Also, I'm missing The Defenders Season 1 if anyone has it.
Thanks.

Thumbs up

2019-01-08 12:10:28

hi
@Daredevilsprmcy I've been looking for arrow too, but there seems to be only one described season. I've got gotham s1-4, lucifer s1 and 2 and Marvel's The Defenders.
just drop an email If you want them

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 05:49:53

Happy to put some donations into this once its online and working. Was paying for stupid sendspace pro monthly anyway. keep us updated smile

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 08:12:02

And when the new archive will go live, I will surely contribute with some my collection which was never on Blind Mice to begin with.

Thumbs up

2019-01-12 09:34:21

Hi,
I haven't had time at all to even breathe this weak lol much less do anything. same is the case with the friend who has been working on this whole server thing.
however if you want need access, and are able to manage, read below.

the domain is now live and a very rough website is  up.
There are still issues such as a very huge table that will probably be able to crash your browser or and your screen reader, That's TBD When my friend gets some time to at least have pages instead of a huge  table.. movies tv shows are to be added soon the ones that are missing. and many files need renaming.
Work hasn't given him or me any time to do much besides the 5k or so movies that we off loaded on the server from sendspace.

So go ahead and try http://*** if you really want access and think you will be okay with the things I have described.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up +1

2019-01-12 15:18:39

it took 1 minute to load the page, but I had the chance to work with it in the end. Nice job and keep up the good work.

Thumbs up

2019-01-16 08:18:26

Hopefully this will go further, for this will be awesome when it's done.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

Thumbs up

2019-01-16 21:04:56

Hi,
G-Rad, same here, but unfortunately things have stauled for a while, with me having not enough knowledge to be changeing all the links say into a list format, or to have movies and tv shows into seprat pages or at the minimum at least have the table show 10 20 results at a time.
The person who does is too busy to be helping.
He has done it all in PHP and Laravel so if anybody here has experience come on up. if I know you to be a decent fellow, I'll add you in. else wait we must, unfortunately.
With a few links or doing html php etc by hand I could, but There are over 8k files in there and I can't be expected to do that all by hand lol.
apologies, but that's life for you. haven't had any time at all what with the interviews for a research study that I have been working on to either tell you guys or badger that friend into doing something lol.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-01-16 22:15:11

It seems like the simplest solution would be to  subcategorize movies and tv shows, then from there,  alphabetize  the lists so that way each page is a letter of the alphabet.  Yeah seems a bit much, but at least  that way it's browsable.  I am unsure of how search querys work, seeing as I"ve not touched PHP in 15 years,  but maybe I can try and study up on it a bit.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

Thumbs up

2019-01-18 16:01:43

ya I agree, my chrome stop responding when load that downloaded page

2019-01-19 06:23:46

Hi,

The website is looking really good so far.  I understand that it needs to be rearranged, but I'm really grateful for what we have.  So, thank you.

Just a request, does anyone have access to the punisher season two? It was just released and I would like to have access to it.

Thumbs up

2019-01-19 06:31:17

I do have a couple of movies to add to the list that I did at som,e point.  Major Payne and Home Alone 2: Lost In New York.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

Thumbs up

2019-01-19 11:13:31

hi
after reading posts 170 and 171, I couldn't stop myself from asking, what can be done for future updates?
I'm sure there are tons of movies and TV  series coming out, is there a way to submit new content?

Thumbs up

2019-01-19 15:32:27

Okay, so I found the PHP code  how to make a list of downloadble links from a directory.    This would actually be really beneficial seeing as  to update the list, you'd just simply drop the file into the directory.  However, the drawback is to make a clean setup with as minimal of a mess as I can think of, you'd have to have two subdirectories, each containing 27 subdirectories within those.    Using PHP header and footer text documents to read from, would make  creating these pages easy seeing as you don't have to write the individual HTML for each individual page on every single subdirectory.    Yeah, there'd be  a lot of pages, some 55 pages but editing them would be much easier.    This is the only way I can think of to do it.    Again I'm not that good at PHP, so hopefully this points you in the right direction.   Anyways, the code for making a clickable list out of a direcotry is below.

*beginning of code*

<?php
  if ($handle = opendir('.')) {
    while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))) {
      if ($file != "." && $file != "..") {
        $thelist .= '<li><a href="'.$file.'">'.$file.'</a></li>';
      }
    }
    closedir($handle);
  }
?>
<h1>List of files:</h1>
<ul><?php echo $thelist; ?></ul>

*end of code*

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

Thumbs up +1

2019-01-21 02:07:31

This is very temporary but

http://aqueous-brook-12257.herokuapp.com/

works somehow

This is my own tool that basically displays the same list in a nicer format.

I'm going to take it down as soon as possible, when pages are implemented, but it's up for now.

Thumbs up

2019-01-21 07:10:32

Hi,
Another update. With weekend comes free time, and with free time stuff happens wink
the tables have now been shortened to contain only 100 movies or tv shows at a time, so the site shouldn't be crashing on you any more.
the movies and TV shows have been given their own pages.
If you'd rather not wade through all that there is up on the vault, you can always do a search.
Thank you G-Rad and miki123211.
I like your lay out too, actually.
Just a friendly reminder at people, don't mass download everything at once smile
Be nice and let others play in the playground, too. wink
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up