2019-01-08 09:38:30

Hi all,

I just tried RPCS3 (an PS3 emulator) with Odin sphere Leifthrasir to test if it's emulateed and how this game is playable.
First of all you need to have powerfull machine to use this fully. I am playing on my I5, 8 GB of RAM and Geforce 1070 TI with Vulcan set in the GPU settings.
The game runs at 60 FPS without any drops. You can use NVDA's OCR to read everything in the game. I checked menus, shops, text files you can find during gameplay and even the text during the cutscenes. smile
I actually love the new version of the game as it is upgraded a lot! Also you can use the bag and skills menu fully as you can read the description of the things when it is highlighted.
There's one change to audio cues: No longer you can hear the sound when you are next to the doors and passages but there's a trick to know what is going on. Just hold the direction you're moving with up arrow and character will stop moving when there's soomething.

For me it's just fantastic as I can play this game fully!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-01-08 09:53:13

Hi
Sory for my bad English, I'm french.
So, you say a lot of thing interresting!
If I understand, you play at new version of odyn sphere who is in ps4. How you do for using ocr? You play with the remoth play in pc, it is that?
You use the ocr windows 10 for nvda?
In all cas, your technic is good for know where there are a door. I have a last question. How know what dirrection take the door? Because if we don't know where we go, we can retourn in the zone where we allready go. Do you understand that I want to know?

Thanks for all your responses

2019-01-08 10:04:36

Well, iit's out for PS3 too and there's PS3 emulator.
I am just running NVDA and using the standard OCR (NVDA plus R)
Well, sometimes you could spin around but it's still much easier to play as the locations are small enough to remember which exit leads where.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-08 10:14:32

so the game is totaly playable for us?
The ocr allow to read all, like the menu for buy new skills for exemple?
I will try surely that!

2019-01-08 10:18:35

Yep! As far as I played everything is working great even the tutorials are clear enough.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-08 10:36:41

Hi.
i didn't know that we have operational PS3 emulators right now, i thought the ones that were out would only support own homebrew programs.
I should be able to play with the emulator, my PC is probably powerfull enough to support the thing.
Have you checked out other games yet or is that the only one you found?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-01-08 10:41:01

RPCS3 is still in early stages but it's working fine and supports nice selection of games.
I tested TMNT: Re-shelled, Scott Pilgrim VS the world, Odin Sphere and Dragon's crown. Everything is working at full speed.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-08 11:35:08

hmm, sounds good, will test it when I am back home, wanna see if I can find fight night round 4 and that stuff.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-01-08 12:03:11

I will try that when I get my gaming PC back. Last time I tried I couldn't find all the components to make RPCS3 work and was wondering if it was actually accessible, good thing to know it actually is.
I think I7+16 GB RAM+GTX970 should do the job fine, I hope at least.

2019-01-08 12:15:17

Can someone make a guide of the menus if it isn't too much trouble? My pc is crap, but I have this on the vita. Also has anyone succeeded in playing dragon's crown? I find chests and switches difficult to deal with.

2019-01-08 12:17:32

You need only emulator, firmware and the games, that's it and emulator is fully accessible.
Yeah, you should be fine with this. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-08 12:22:51

Hi.
yeah, I am running core i7 6700HQ GTX 1070 and 16 gigs of ram, depends on how much resources the games need anyway.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-01-08 12:54:32 (edited by arturminyazev 2019-01-08 13:00:37)

hello.
i want try some games, but can't understand how launch it in this emulator
and how to make the most minimal graphics settings ?
please help

let's rock!

2019-01-08 13:00:13

that app, is very stupid! it doesn't use your GPU at all, i was playing GOW with it then i saw that my GPU usage is at 1% but instaed my CPU was high. worst emulator ever.

2019-01-08 13:52:48

I ask me just, how to do for the map? Because in reality, we moved at hazard in the way it is that? No repere for know if we have north, south or that?

2019-01-08 14:45:51

@14 no idea what you are saying and what is it that bad? big_smile
Considering it's only one which can run the games perfectly no idea what is your point.

@15 Sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-08 14:56:05

Ok, this sounds quite cool. But why do you emulate this thing? I mean, isn't there a PC Version? Or is the PS3 one more updated?

- Eagle Ear Entertainment
YouTube
Twitch
Mastodon

2019-01-08 15:01:18

Nope, Vanilla ware is not releasing their games on PC and this is actually a remastered version for PS3 / PS4 / PS vita. The original one was for PS2 only.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-08 15:09:05

So, small update: Everything is working great! I am starting chapter 2.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-08 15:14:54

Hello!
Sounds really nice! I've never tried any PS emulator to be honnest, but might be a great opportunity to get started.
About post 15, I think the question is : how do you figure out which way to go in a 3d map, as we have no map overview? Do you just keep walking from room to room hoping to find the destinaiton you're supposed to head for ? Or maybe the storyline is leading you straight ahead (atleast globally) and you just have to explore a bit to gather some items...
Actually I'm a native French speaker to so I hope I managed to clarify the question big_smile .
Also, I don't like to ask such questions since I know how annoying it can be, but could you just point me in the right direction to download everything I need to give it a try? I only ask because I guess there are many versions of the emulator itself, or add ons, or alternative downloads. As it's my very first try with console emulators, I want to do it well smile .
Thanks for the info anyway, that's refreshing if it works! It's been a long time since we last heard of a fully playable game!

Best regard,
Simon

2019-01-08 15:32:30

indeed, the game works perfectly on rpcs3.
@lirin
i want to send you an e-mail, don't know if i can use the one provided in the forum?

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2019-01-08 15:50:25

@20: Well, the game is 2d, scrolling action RPG so no need to check the map etc. There are multiple rooms to explore but it's about memorising which one laeds where.
You need RCPS3, the latest build works perfectly. You need Official firmware and game of course but sorry, I can't provide it and put the links here as it's not legal. You can rip the Firmware from PS3, the same with games or... well, use other sources... tongue

@21: Yeah, it's the correct one but here it is anyway:
[email protected]

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-01-08 17:16:02

I understand, but for exemple, when there are 2 exits for 2 différents way, how you know wich you take?

2019-01-08 17:54:24

Lirin wrote:

Nope, Vanilla ware is not releasing their games on PC and this is actually a remastered version for PS3 / PS4 / PS vita. The original one was for PS2 only.

ah ok, maybe I got that wrong. But from where did you get the game to use it with teh emulator? I would actually try to play that thing. Until yet I haven't so much videogames, but the story sounds interesting.

- Eagle Ear Entertainment
YouTube
Twitch
Mastodon

2019-01-08 18:23:19

Hello again,
@23 : actually there aren't two exits leading to the same room, since we're talking about a side scroller. As far as I understand the concept, all you will have to remember is where you've been through in order to find it back if necessary, but you will mainly be walking in the same direction, from map to map, through the scenario, like you would do with shank for example or with any other sidescroller.

I'll try to download all this. Definitly curious about it.

Best regard,
Simon