2019-01-03 21:12:56

Actually i'm interested in hearing the actual reply from sam or carter, is redspot in the recoding stage or it was abandoned already? just want to hear it from dev, should we still hope and wait or we shouldn't eeven think about seeing redspot anymore. Come out someone, please answer.

2019-01-04 02:20:53

i agree with sky lorde here. all we have been hearing from people is wait, wait, wait, wait! while yes it will take a while, its already been about half a year, and no updates, not to the game itself, i just mean from the devs, about whats happening with it. i mean, can't wait for it but thats the thing, i can't wait too much longer, oh my gosh its taking forever!

2019-01-04 20:59:59

Yes dzsoker, Sam and myself will be recoding the game in python. It´ll feature mechanics that drastically differ from what your used to, but should hopefully prevent a couple of the shortcomings in the last version. I might, and might being the key word here, open a suggestions topic when intense design is going on. It would be cool to get public opinion.

Others
I don't know where you got abandonment, but please have a look at this topic.
https://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=25695

I'll attempt to say this as kindly as possible, but know that I'm only human and thus am prone to irritation.

We're enrolled in schooling, we have a multitude of individual projects, we're human, we have lives, we're not being paid for any element of this FPS. It's all choice. While coding is probably my number one favorite passtime, redspot will need to be at least 800kb or somewhere around there. For those that don't know, that's quite a lot of time, logic, errors, etc etc. We're rewriting the game basically from scratch in a new language, so very little copypasting will be viable, and that's not taking syntactical changes into account. So I'm glad you love the game and I'll be looking forward to seeing you on the new one. But might I suggest approaching this in a less condescending manner? I'll remind you that your entitled to absolutely nothing. If your tired of waiting, oh I'm so sorry for wanting to make the game balanced/not a complete cesspool, what a poor poor sole. If your able to handle school, life, personal projects, testing, and a shit ton of code that's not buggy and doesn't make your game a complete disaster, sit down and make your own. Can't wait to play/comment. You don't have to wait. Want some change, be the change.

2019-01-04 22:09:29

Hello cartertemm,
I was not trying to say you abandoned the game, i was just interesting are you still developing it or not. There's no need to be agressive. Now we got what we needed so we're ensure the developement goes on, and everything is good. I from my point absolutely understand your point cartertemm, though i am not a dev and never i'll be one i think. Understanding comes from some devs i know personally. So, we'll just wait and additionally we now know that you didn't abandon the project, and it helps us know we're waiting not for a future disappointment.

2019-01-05 03:50:01

i hope we get to play redspot again i miss it it was the best online game we had.

2019-01-05 13:24:24

best online fps

Yours kindly

2019-01-06 03:58:17

It would actually be cool if you could bring the old Redspot online with no support at all from moderation. Just a free for all zone type of thing would be awesome!

2019-01-06 21:27:57

That would just be a dog whistle for everyone to abuse afk, cheat excessively, and generally be scum for potentially new people taking a look at the game.  Carter and Samtuppy rather not have more negative press on their game before they even get a chance to release a better version and have a weaker release.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-01-07 21:04:36

Oh no, of course that can't be happening. People would complain again!
Oh wait, they already did that when "there were admins around".

2019-01-08 00:41:32

If a server were released, I'd just want the killing ground and the arenas honestly, battle field and bases and the store can go away.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2019-01-08 08:52:14

the killing ground and the arenas were what made this happen in the firstplace.

2019-01-08 08:53:45

sneak wrote:

If a server were released, I'd just want the killing ground and the arenas honestly, battle field and bases and the store can go away.

I completely agree.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-08 11:42:19

hm i think the base system is also can be good with the store. If you don't like it np you can restart the kg after a hour, just item loss but yeah everything has a price. And if you can remain on kg forever it's a bit unbalanced, the first member who logs in can stock up eq then kill everything with a lot of shield and antibio in theyr inventory. It's beatable, i know it, sometime it happened with me too when 2,3 players work together to kill a too boosted one, but yeah it requires teamwork... Bf is not so bad at all if you're fast enough you can hurt a bf player so hard with kg equipment too, again self experience smile and for the store that's a balance against bases, you can't stock eq in it but with bc it's easy to stock up on shields and antibios. With the bc packs on the kg it's wery easy, you just have to stock up 2,3 extra shield on kg, go to bf, equip them then run to the store, and you're ready to make pain to the teams. Anyway just one thing, bases shouldn't build up on the islands, because there's just one way to go there, and with the bc packs it's sooo easy to put unbalanced amount of sky mines and missiles on the bridges or the skyline.

2019-01-08 15:40:18

If you can't kill someone on KG who is maxed stats, what makes you think you can kill them once they've gone to the store, or have bases set up on battlefield. KG you will die eventually, the combat and melee arenas don't matter.
When I would play, people would carry around hundreds of shields. You would literally have to hit them with hundreds of grenades to kill them, or use a sky laser, but good luck with that when they've got hundreds of invisibility shields, bikes, jets, candy and boots. Those kinds of fights only served to piss people off, accuse people of cheating, and cause headaches for admins.
     Just allow people to form three player teams on KG, and it'd be fine.
    This is just my own thoughts on the matter.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2019-01-08 20:57:04

Just one thing, I hope you used quads with the SMG carbine or the hand grenades. Lol, the hand grenades were abused so much they were lowered because they could easily gobble up 50 shields before you could say crunch!

2019-01-09 13:06:41

@SLJ, getting an RS server released is like telling apple to open its operating system to other phone companies.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-01-09 19:01:30

@ivan_sodo lol, and i agree with most of the posts here, i would love servers, even just for melee and combo arena's, nothign else. i liked how fair it was, no one coul dhave more than 2000 health, it was a small map, many players sometimes, and fun fights everywhere...you never knew who was attacking you or the people around you because you were swingin that saber around hitting players left right and center, just trying to survive!

2019-01-10 03:46:24

just a little bit luck and you can kill a guy with shields socked up. Once i had enough from someone who killed me on bf, two equipped teammember were required to avoid death from my skylaser. The mini one which you can get everywhere. Cheap cartridges and impossible amount of shield damage. The fleeying player had to reequip a ton of shields and nobody walks around with 1k shield in theyr inventory... Anyway a balance would be realy good maybe a limit in the storages... E.g you can store membersx50, or members x 100 or something like that amount from one item at a time in the storage, and a limied amount of bc loaded in the computer. And to avoid abuse, you can't put packs in the storage. So the base system would be worthy because after login you can restock and start playing, but wouldn't give ultimate power against everyone.

2019-01-10 16:35:38

hmmm this is a good idea...
How about a health and shield cap, maybe 30k health and 250 shields? And make fire better, cause that would be one of the best things for shields if it did what it was supposed to do?
And for god sakes nerf the barret!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-01-11 00:37:08

lol yes

2019-01-11 23:00:56

will the new one have the same items?

2019-02-05 14:16:01

when python version will be releace?
I cant understand this thing that if python version needs 2 years to create, why bgt version closed?

2019-02-05 22:04:19

agreed

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-02-06 00:22:06

i have to agree with everone here. if the real version takes litteral ages to create, why does the .bgt version have to close? ou can do this thing called search for ne admins, and put in a server log that updates threw dropbox. check it every now and again, and you can find the admin abusers. have that log ever single command used. so if it looks like someones moving to a specific location, or kicking players rapidly, or any other suspicious thing lke that, remove there adminship.

2019-02-06 19:42:53

well, now i'm agreed. If you aren't gonna release python version soon, you mustn't close bgt version.

Yours kindly