2019-01-01 04:14:22

not knocking the idea, but what's the difference between that and choosing the automatically check for new servers option that already exists?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-01-01 05:49:52

That would not work. First, the host has to be present to start the game which wouldn't work in a headless server situation. Second, there's no way that I know of to control the program running in Wine from a terminal, so selecting the option to host isn't possible. This is really frustrating! Why have a server list when all it does is send the IP address and name of the person actually hosting?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-01-04 21:09:14

in reference to post 1664, when you make a bug/dark deck, did you put 40 dark cards, then 40 bug cards?
i never made a multi-type deck yet

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2019-01-04 21:35:30

You almost never make an 80 cards deck. The chance of drawing what you need is very small. Don't worry about the numbers too much actually. There is no definitive put 20 cards of this type and 20 of that type. Just put what you think will work for you, and if you find it has too many cards try to remove something. 80 cards very rarely works good. Generally, 40 to 60 is good, however it all depends on the deck type.

2019-01-08 06:26:08

I saw the quick launch option and thought it would be cool if it skipped game instructions to for those that already knew how to play. Just a thought.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2019-01-08 14:46:11

what is the pathfinder

2019-01-12 17:11:27

Hi!
I was playing cp today and I it came to me a possible use for the coins. What about using them to buy special power ups to make the boards more interesting when played online? For example, you could buy a replayer to replay a game you have just played so to gain more money if you're good at it, or a stealer to steal the coins of another player, or a substituter to substitute the game you should play with another, or a play it for me thing to force one of your adversaries to play a game he's not good at etc etc.

2019-01-12 23:59:01

The thing is, while I want a use for the coins as much as everyone else does at this point, I would worry that if they could be used for any kind of powerup in online games, there would be some serious balancing issues. Longtime players could easily wipe the floor with newbies, and then the complaints would start, and we all know where that goes, right up to when the dev says fuck it, I'm done dealing with this community.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-01-13 00:15:04 (edited by defender 2019-01-13 00:15:20)

plus, it's super easy to cheat coins/gems, or pass around/reuse saves in this game and many people do it.

2019-01-13 00:50:37

The thing is, I don't think doing the things suggested here would break the balance so badly, and the board mode needs something anyways. All we need is the ability to use this powerup a limited number of times and then it would really not depend on the number of coins.

2019-01-13 02:01:51

I'd like to propose an alternatire...
In Mario Party 5, 6, and 7, there was an orb system where you either bought orbs from a shop or landed on specific spaces that would grant you orbs. The orbs could either be used on yourself to roll an extra set of dice, choose where you want to go, or warp to a Star. However, you could also place other orbs on spaces that would activate board events once people landed on them. This would allow the coins to not be unbalanced, as it depends on the coins in the actual game.
Something that I would want is a Crazy Cart mode, somewhat similar to Mario Kart. You could race against bots around tracks, or you could race online with items.
Regarding other uses of coins, I do feel like they should either (a) be cashed in for gems or (but) serve as the way to replay minigames in the rewards room.
Or minigames should be free.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-01-13 05:47:19

Can someone please give me some kind of strategy for that new duck game that's supposed to unlock the space world?

2019-01-13 06:57:52

Off topic. The dropbox link for beta 62 is broken has been removed. If you still wish to view the file:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qxjv9ePWAg

2019-01-13 07:01:10

the coins exist because they are your experience points. If you were to keep spending your coins, you would never reach the next level. But levels aren't used for anything, so coins are worth nothing too.

2019-01-13 11:25:47

In beta 34 and before, you used to buy things with coins, but they've become useless now that the gems have been introduced.

2019-01-14 15:55:50

Hello,
I am trying to beat the game in the space world where you have to go through doors and dodge bombs and stuff like that but from time to time some Kind of security System Comes on which makes it vgery difficult to hear the sounds (sorry that I don't know the game's name, but I play with the german translation so I don't know the english name).
Can you give me hints to beat this game anyway?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-01-14 16:28:04 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-01-15 12:58:08)

oh yeah, in English is called oil installation. It unlocks a world. I would not have really tips for it... except that the heel in the water hates when you first do down, then right, then up, then left, then down and so on. The electric current is skipped by bouncing over it, though make sure you are not too far right or left of the field. There is a button that lets you disable the annoying sound usually at the beginning of every new section.
I have unlocked pretty much every game now

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-01-27 20:24:03

Hello people. please, I hope that at next beta someone improve this volcano minigame destroying walking bombs, because I think that it is not doable. I have tried it many times, but it is very very hard, and this bomb lair is little crazy too. it would be good if we will have more time to finish it, and last thing what I want to say. if we will unlock any mini game, it would be  good, if we can play it without time. for example this palace with many traps.

2019-01-27 20:53:43

For walking bombs, it's easy once you realize you can walk diagonally, that is hold 2 directional keys at the same time to avoid bombs.

2019-01-28 05:25:27

As I was tweaking my custom game lists a bit, I realized something odd. Presumably, game 229, Small Bridge for Duck, is the last game at this point. I thought I had unlocked all the space games, but Magnetic Vortex is 227, and Small Bridge for Duck is 229. What's 228? There are no other gaps that I can account for in the space world, so what am I missing?

2019-01-28 06:24:00

hi, 228 is oil installation

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-01-28 22:51:32

Hi All:
Until yesterday evening, I thought I had done a passably good job of sniffing out various bonus minigames across the worlds.  Then, I proved myself wrong when I attempted to try to unlock minigames.  I ran across three games which I have never seen, the latter of which cleaned me out of coins: a bonus game involving falling crystals, a truly evil (and difficult to comprehend) cloud bonus game, and a game involving bouncing on mushrooms with penguins.  If I may ask, where are these located in the normal course of play?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2019-01-29 00:42:05

Bouncing mushrooms is in the ice world. Cristal rain I believe in the plains, and bonuses in the clouds in the desert however for these 2 I could be wrong as it's been a long time since I played through the worlds.

2019-01-29 02:24:57

Thanks.  I had assumed the penguin one might have been from the Ice World; I'm glad you could shed some light on the other two.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2019-01-29 03:07:52

OK, your bonus mini games are crystal rain, which is in the desert, bonuses in the clouds, which is in the plains, and jumping penguins, which is in the ice world.  Crystal rain isn’t half bad, especially when you play oh shit, which is crystal rain on steroids.  Bonuses in the clouds is super easy, all you have to do is hold the right arrow, occasionally press up-and-down, and smash your  F or enter key, depending on which one you like to use.  As for jumping penguins, just learned to center the sound. That’s all there is to it.