2019-01-07 20:11:39

Hello.
Guys, can anyone formulate an algorithm for the game menu? Guided by which, I can develop this menu in any programming language.
Thanks in advance!

2019-01-07 20:28:39

I‘d be able to write it in bgt. If you want.

2019-01-07 20:37:21

There is no "algorithm" for a game menu. That kind of thing you need to come up with yourself. A game menu (and the ways it can be used), its internals, and so on, depends on what your developing. There is no "one fits all" solution.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-01-07 20:49:41

Ethin, What about Dynamic_menu in BGT?
All BGT developers use this and feel comfortable, and for them this is a one-stop solution.

2019-01-07 21:02:28

@4, no, not all developers. dynamic_menu is a template that is designed to be expanded upon. It is meant as a base. But in an actual game, that isn't written in BGT, you create your own menu system.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-01-07 21:27:27

Ethin, Ok. What about menu in AKG for Python? Some developers use this.

2019-01-07 21:55:08

@6, again, some. However, I'd encourage you to write your own; you will learn much more that way.

My Github

2019-01-07 21:58:59

Ethin wrote:

@6, again, some. However, I'd encourage you to write your own; you will learn much more that way.

That‘s true.

2019-01-07 22:34:13

@jonixter
Array and a cursor index. It should be OK.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-01-08 22:51:35

@nuno69 add a key handler to capture the arrows and your activate button, and you're done ... smile