2018-12-22 05:52:44 (edited by Haramir 2018-12-22 05:53:49)

Hello folks! It is becoming an habit among us from the Blind Game Play team to stop and think about the best games we had during the year, or that strong title that we can't forget. We know we have less titles than the ideal being launched every year, but we think of this as a way to encourage developers to keep going and to try out new approaches. We unfortunately can't reward the winners, but we hope you have fun!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp … sp=sf_link
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-12-22 11:33:01

Hi.
I'm sorry for the negative comments, but:
1. What is the point of having such many old games in the "game of the year?"
2. Seems like I have to vote on games where I don't agree any of them fit at all. So I spend time on answering the questions I feel relevant, and then it want me to choose between games which I won't vote on at all in those categories. Mainly because I don't feel they fit in the games of the year...
I also think a lot of great games are missing...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-12-22 11:40:21

I love that you are stepping up to do this, it's important and we need more awards like this. But you might want to make this more obvious, by the topic title, that this is a survey and not just an awards thing that you chose your self.
Choices really are limited though, and don't apply to the current year only even.
For instance, no mobile games for most questions and I think Alexia's theme is great too, many others think so as well.
You did pick good choices though, popular, well loved games all with big followings, though if you had not, then you could have included for instance, the theme music for castaways2, which is also quite good.
Many often played  MUDS were not included as well, this could be do to them being English ones though Alter was included... For instance Frandom, Clok, Cosmic Rage, and Miriani.
Mobile game selection isn't really your fault, it's just that there are so few that you can't really compare ones of the same genre even, so it's kinda unfair.
Audio design selection was very limited, considering how many games their are to choose from... ABL and the vale for instance, though the latter is unfinished.
Also find it odd that Park Boss and dreamy train were not included in simulators.
Multiplayer games section was very short and didn't include playroom/RS Games for instance.
No puzzle games section either.

2018-12-22 11:48:39

Agreed. The amount of games to choose from is not a lot. And what if i don't know, or haven't tried, any accessible fighting games like street fighter and etc? Then how am i supposed to vote? The questions shouldn't be a must to answer, because then i give a chance to win to a game i don't know at all.

2018-12-22 14:10:08

Hello folks! Well yeah, I do see your point and it really makes sense. We're still working on the idea of having defaults for this kind ov event. This is our second try in doing stuff like this. I thank you all for the feedback and for the encouragement. We'll work to have it as fair as possible for the next year.
Best regards, Haramir.

2018-12-22 15:40:26

Hello everyone!
I knew there were a lot of fails on it, but unfortunately the ammount of people on the blind gaming community isn't enough for more than 3 games, otherwise I believed it could cause a lot of draws.
About old games, the amount of games released per year on the audiogame's comunity is too low for fit in a lot of categories.
Sorry if I missed some, or a lot of things. No problems on any kind of comments, even negative ones, it's also helpfull for make us don't make the same misstakes again.
Thanks everyone and sorry if I sounded too rude on my answer, wasn't my intention.

2018-12-22 15:52:02

Hello, sorry for double posting, but I almost forgot. Any sugestions on what we can do to avoid this category draw problem?
Last year I tried 5 or more per category and for a mile get a lot of category in a draw on their results, I don't remember but there were some of then which this happened. I got worried with it for this year as well and it'll be unfair if I renew the form with more games per category because a lot of people already voted.
Well, as I said before, any sugestion is welcome. And again, thanks everyone!

2018-12-22 18:32:17

Well I'd say most importantly, don't require every question to be answered, and do a pole before hand on ag.net and other places to choose most important games.
And just call it awards for 2018 or what ever, not games of the year, that will solve the, not being games from the current year issue. If a game wins a category several times in a row, that's fine, just means their doing a good job and devs need to step it up if they want to compete.

2018-12-22 22:50:59

Thanks for your feedback! I apologise for the misstakes. Those things seem simple, but it will help us a lot on making the next year's voting form.

2018-12-23 02:26:04

I'd like to participate but it's asking me to sign in. Although Google swears I'll stay anonymous, I don't trust them.

2019-01-02 13:18:07

Hello folks. Time to announce the winners! Again thanks for all the feedback and we'll try to aim for a better event this year.
Let's check out the results for the Blind Game Play Game Awards 2018!
Best soundtrack
• A hero’s call: 18 votes (winner)
• Bokurano Daiboukenn 3: 12 votes
• Shadow Rine: 8 votes

Best character theme
• Gwen Adrianus/A hero’s call: 21 votes (winner)
• Spirit Fencer/Shadow Rine: 10 votes
• Octoross/Manamon: 7 votes

Best game theme:
• Bokurano Daiboukenn: 14 votes (winner)
• A hero’s call: 13 votes
• Shadow Rine: 11 votes

Best MUD:
• Alter Aeon: 26 votes (winner)
• RL Mud: 4 votes
• Esferas da vida: 8 votes

Best mobile game
• Feer: 18 votes (winner)
• Crafting kingdon: 14 votes
• Dice World: 6 votes

Best horror game
• Darkened Chain: 23 votes (winner)
• Dark passenger: 3 votes
• Slender, the lost vision: 12 votes

Best strategy game
• Sound RTS: 30 votes (winner)
• Tactical battle: 6 votes
• Time of conflict: 2 votes

Best arcade game
• Cyclepath: 18 votes (winner)
• Beat star pro: 16 votes
• The great toy robbery: 4 votes

Best racing game
• Top speed: 34 votes (winner)
• Audio speed: 0 votes
• Audio Rally Racing: 4 votes

Best accessible fighting game
• Mortal kombat X: 17 votes (winner)
• Skullgirls: 8 votes
• Street Fighter V: 7 votes
• Dragonball z Budokai Tenkaichi 3: 6 votes

Best audio design
• A hero’s call: 30 votes (winner)
• Manamon: 5 votes
• Swamp, zombie FPS: 3 votes

Best voice acting
• A hero’s call: 27 votes (winner)
• Shadow Rine: 11 votes
• Angelgift adventure: 0 votes

Most nostalgic game
• Last Crusade: 18 votes (winner)
• Shades of Doom: 5 votes
• Top speed: 15 votes

Best adventure game
• A blind legend: 30 votes (winner)
• Echoes from Levia: soulbound: 1 voto
• Tomb Hunter: 7 votes

Best sidescroller
• Bokurano Daiboukenn 3: 32 votes (winner)
• The gate: 2 votes
• Q9 Action Game: 4 votes

Best simulation game
• Eurofly: 27 votes (winner)
• 3D velocity: 7 votes
• Tube sim: 4 votes

Best multiplayer
• Crazy Party: 33 votes (winner)
• Firefight: 0 votes
• Survive the wild: 5 votes

Best FPS
• Swamp, zombie FPS: 23 votes (winner)
• Firefight: 2 votes
• The road to rage: 13 votes

Best managing game
• Castaways: 19 votes (winner)
• Dragon village: 9 votes
• Online Soccer Manager: 10 votes

Most awaited
• Planet saga: 26 votes (winner)
• The valey: 12 votes

Best abandoned project
• Perilous hearts: 17 votes (winner)
• Death match (A new beginning): 13 votes
• Grave of redemption: 8 votes

Best game so far
• Crazy party: 9 votes (winner)
• Manamon: 6 votes
• Swamp, zombie FPS: 5 votes
• Bokurano Daiboukenn: 6 votes
• Shadow Rine: 4 votes
• A hero’s call: 8 votes

And those were our winners! Thanks for the support, and congratulations! We may create another topic later on to collect suggestions for our next BGP Game Awards. Till next time!
Best regards, Haramir.

2019-01-02 14:18:27

Interesting results! Thanks for sharing.

2019-01-06 18:14:08

hi
thanks to everyone who voted beatstar pro
I did not think beatstar is arcade?
I guess we need a new category for music driven games!

This encourages me to work more on this game and thanks everyone for the 16 votes

Oriolgomez.com wishes you a happy new year

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.