2019-01-05 02:20:12

Dear audio gamers,

I'm having trouble playing STW.  Every time I try to play it, Windows  somehow deletes the entirity of the file, and won't let me install it.

Unlike some it seems, I actually admire Mr. Tupy for his work on a massive world like this, and would love very much to play his flag ship title, Survive the Wild. I have spent money on a payed character specifically because I admire his work, and want very much to play it. If I could please get some support in installing this game, that'd  be  great.

2019-01-05 02:34:58

It most likely is your antivirus that deletes it. There is a problem with bgt games and antivirus programs, but it is totally safe
Try adding a folder to your antivirus’s exceptions list and try installing the game to that folder, or add the file itself to exceptions.
Hope it helps.
I would maybe play again, but it seems my character has been band since I was last online maybe two months ago, and this is strange since I was online in aproximatly 20 seconds checking MOTD.
Hmm, guess I’ll check if I have been unbanned in a couple of weeks.

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2019-01-05 11:10:14

my antivirus did the same thing. tedious little programs, aren't they?

2019-01-05 14:42:45

Greetings. yeah it's most likely anti virus deleting the executable. I'd suggest as most people did adding the stw.exe  file to exclusion. also, @ Mads why were you banned?

2019-01-05 15:13:31 (edited by Mads 2019-01-05 15:18:34)

@4
No clue. It just says this character has been temporerily band or something.
It must have happened while I wasn’t online since I logged out normally last I was on. I wasn’t banned and had no warnings at all.
I haven’t checked since three days ago so I don’t know if anything changed.

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2019-01-05 15:25:15

pk?

2019-01-05 15:43:13

wait that's strange LOL. you don't get banned for no reason. would you mind if I ask you for your stw character name so I can check what's up? you can pm me if you don't feel like publicly telling about it.

2019-01-05 18:01:07

@7
My username on there is Sylwin.
As said, it might have been fixed, but it’d be great if you could find something out.
Thanks for taking the time looking into it.

Carl Sagan

2019-01-05 18:10:02

hi Mads. you should be able to log in now. sorry about that.

2019-01-06 00:08:08

Thanks @9

Carl Sagan