2018-12-30 15:15:50

Hey. I am interested in the available games with many story quests. It can be like mud, browser or any other. Maybe someone could advise me something? I played the hero's call.

2018-12-30 18:36:58

manamon
paladin of the sky
the gate
tarzan junior not really a story line something like a story line big_smile
super liam
i think q9 has a story too.

2018-12-30 19:33:55

something like castaways does have a story.
For muds, I suggest:
Frandum if you enjoy single player exploration. It's awesome.
Alter Aeon for a lot of quests, if you don't mind grinding at a certain point of your chars.
Materia Magica probably has something for you too. I'm not sure about this one.
3kingdom or 3scapes dhave something for you.
4demensions is another one to go.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-12-30 19:38:34 (edited by defender 2018-12-30 23:29:59)

Interactive Fiction and gamebooks are your best bet for story.

For Interactive Fiction using the Z Machine, Glulx, or TADS formats, try the interactive fiction database (IFDB) they will have user created lists of the games with the best story.
To play those, you'll need the Automatic speech output for interactive fiction interpreters Add-on for NVDA, which you can get from Jef's add-on repository.
Then you'll need some interpreters, Win Frotz, Win Git, and HTmL TADS will cover most everything, and additional setup information can be found by hitting the about button on the installed add-on, though it's nothing complicated thankfully.

Standalone online gamebooks.
Alter Ego
Age of fable

Online gamebook collections
project aon
Fighting fantasy project
The Chronicles of Arborell and also it's gamebook archive, hosted on the same site.
chooseyourstory

App/online based gamebook companies
delight games,
choice of games
Here's a topic about which choice of games titles people think are the best.
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=16134

Standalone Mobile gamebook Apps
Land of Livia for IOS
Timecrest for IOS
One button travel for IOS
Your Story for IOS

Standalone Mobile Audio Adventure apps
Codename Cygnus for IOS

Standalone PC Games
Code 7

Standalone Japanese PC games
Shadow Line full voice
New Tia Story
Alternative magic
Heaven and Earth War 1 and 2
You'll need the JGT add-on for NVDA to play these, and a few other things for a better experience with the text titles, which are nicely outlined on the JGT instructions page. Sadly though the translations will never be that good...

If your ever in need of some dice for any of these (probably the fighting fantasy titles) then try the GMA dice program.

This topic should have most of what I missed... Look for Dark's posts especially, he might show up here anyway but, either way he's much more well versed with this kind of thing than I am, particularly when it comes to MUDS and browser games, though sites like the mud connector or top mud sites will let you  search for only the well rated RP enforced titles, and those without maps or allot of color based info are generally going to be accessible.
http://forum.audiogames.net/topic/25039 … ike-sryth/

2018-12-31 18:51:11 (edited by Orin 2018-12-31 19:36:17)

Starmourn MUD has a fully featured storyline, though the accessibility cinks in regard to things like space combat are still being ironed out.

Oh, there's also Katawa Shoujo.

2018-12-31 19:04:15

You might also be interested in trying out roleplay enforced muds, as their focus is the creation of a story rather than mechanics.
My personal favorite is Armageddon, even though I don't play all that much anymore. Several others I can think of off the top of my head include star conquest (although honestly it's rp is pretty sucky unless you really, really, really enjoy sucking up to the hosts and also never doing anything at all antagonistic  if you like having friends), Shadows of Isildur (A LOTR thiemed mud which I've never played but have heard very good things about), and Syndome (cyberpunk setting, never tried but supposedly pretty solid).
There are also mushes, but I've never liked them as they tend to have nothing in terms of mechanics and I can't stand RP pose order etc.

2018-12-31 19:30:51

Hello,
A free story-driven interactive movie is Minecraft Story Mode on Netflix. Although it technocally isn't free because you need a Netflix account.
@post4
Since you included Timecrest, I thought it would be appropriate to mention Lifeline especially because you didn't mention it. The series of Lifeline games are not free.

DJEPIC AKA Minionslayer
I have a useless website up to waist like 5 minutes of your time. It really needs editing, I know.
http://djepic.co.uk/

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2018-12-31 20:15:15

Yeah I just mentioned stuff that was on the database, thanks though.

2018-12-31 21:33:08

Aac has a storie too.

I'm just a random blind guy who trys to learn to code.

2019-01-05 18:48:00

Many thanks for the advice. But How can a blind  play in Katawa Shoujo

2019-01-05 20:23:00

You can play the html version in your browser. It works like other browser games, except it is offline.