2019-01-04 17:14:28

Hi all,

As some of you might have seen from my post yesterday, I recently created a new sound sequence, just for fun, that I figured I might share with you all. As some of you may also know, I'm a die-hard Star Trek fan, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to any of you that said sequence is set in the Star Trek universe. This is my take on what it would sound like if an imaginary USS Enterprise, NCC 1701F, went into battle against a mystery enemy ship. The voice-over is borrowed from the game Star Trek Legacy, as it makes the overall scenario a lot more involved, but the sound design itself is a mixture of sounds from the Star Trek TNG/DS9/VOY shows, which I have redesigned to showcase my idea of what the next "Next Generation" would sound like.

I hope you all enjoy the results! Feel free to share any thoughts. And now, without further delay, here's the link. Please listen with good headphones or better speakers for the best experience!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxmprzgc434y2 … e.mp3?dl=1

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2019-01-04 23:10:10

Hi Locutus.
That was incredible thanks for posting! I felt like I was actually there on the enterprise. I love star trek too, TNG especially!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-01-05 02:27:13

Speaking of Star trek, does anyone have the music and sound effects from desktopstarships.com that was on their sight a while back?
I couldn't find all of it on the Wayback machine, and I contacted the web sight to see if they still have the files, but they don't.

2019-01-05 06:15:47

pretty cool! go enterprise!

2019-01-05 06:34:02

Pretty awesome. Where did you get the source sound files? Some I recognize and they were probably from lcarscom.net, but others I have no idea.

2019-01-07 17:17:18

That is dope.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2019-01-09 00:15:48

Here's the same clip, mixed with some background music: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9vjgs6an23ch … F.mp3?dl=1

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe