2019-01-03 02:10:16

Hi. I want to deteckt the exact length of a soundfile in ms. Is there any program i can use for that or how do you calculate this? Thanks, simter.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-01-03 02:29:58

Hello.
Windows media or other media players should be able to detect the exact length easily. I think in windows media you have to change the settings to time instead of percentage.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-01-03 08:27:37

You can also get the length in milliseconds with Audacity. Open the file with it and press Control + A to select the entire sound, or go under the Edit menu and go down to "select" and pick "all". Then tab down to the lower  bar on the bottom of the window which has things like Project Rate(Hz), Snap To, Selection Start which is the start of the selection, and if you selected everything should be zero, and then End/Length which is the one you want. It should tell you the total length of the selected sound, which in this case would be everything, in hours, minutes, seconds, and fractions of a second aka: milliseconds.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2019-01-03 12:59:31

hello simter.
if you are using vlc media player to listen the songs or other things whatever!
you can press insert plus b to know the informations.

2019-01-03 14:22:42

thanks, i will propably try the vlc or audacity thing.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-01-03 15:13:03

If you are using Winamp you can press ctrl+j and it'll tell you the length of the currently opened file

2019-01-03 18:14:55

Another way to check the file length is in goldwave. Open a file, hit control end, then hit the right or left brackets. Both will set the markers for start or finish, but it should also tell you the length, or the position where the markers are at, which in this case equals the end of the file. From there it's simple if you have speech history and copying add on for NVDA, just hit f12, trim the unesessary info and you got your time.

2019-01-03 20:10:18

This is all great and avesome, but why the check it's in the Developer's room?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-01-03 21:24:26

i wanted to ask this question as well.
don't you think it should be in the off topic room?
but, if you want it programaticly, it is like this:
audio_time=total_samples/(sample_rate*channels*bits)

2019-01-03 22:42:17

Thanks for the formula @visualstudio. Is there any comprechensive place where I can find little but useful math formulas like that one?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-01-03 22:44:49 (edited by Kyleman123 2019-01-03 22:45:34)

this only works if your file is encoded as CBR or constant bitrate. it most likely is, but still a note to remember.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2019-01-04 08:17:04

i think a website called dspguide.com exists which has a book for signal processing.