2019-01-02 12:45:20

Hi. I just wanted to say that I am considering quitting YouTube for various reasons. First, I have no way of knowing if anyone is enjoying my content or not. What do you guys think?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-01-02 14:10:10

Not sure, why should you quit Youtube? Just because you think no oe's enjoying your content? Just keep trying.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2019-01-02 14:33:11

HI,

Don't quit cause of you think no one is enjoying yoru content. I personally am making video's cause i like it, not particularly for the reason if people will like it. If people do, then that's awsome, if people don't, then the video is there for people to look at, or listen to whenever they want smile

Keep trying smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-01-02 14:36:37

Well, i have one question. Why have you created your channel then? you create it, and after 2 or so weeks your closing it. So what was the reason to create it?

2019-01-02 15:24:09

We're starting to get into each person creating their own channel without being unique, and then this happens. If you didn't have enough patience to make videos for even a month, then you should probably indeed quit. Harsh, but so is the world, and so is Youtube.

2019-01-02 16:37:31

Hi, i will keep trying.

2019-01-02 18:46:24

Ok nice.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2019-01-02 19:11:10

Few things,
1.  Not everyone's gonna like you.  I don't know how often this needs to be heard, but I can't stress this point enough no matter how many times I stress it or how many ways I put it.  I could make the rest of this post that simple statement and make the rest of my outline based on those five words, but there's so much to expand upon there that honestly I'd get bored of writing it pretty quickly.  Suffice it to say that even your strongest supporters can sometimes become your greatest detractors.  You're like any other big thing that fades away with the sands of time, even if you manage to captivate the masses with whatever it is you're doing.  You still with me?  I hope you are, because,
2.  Getting noticed takes patience.  No, I, Nocturnus, monumental and controversial chaos catalyst am not always noticed.  There's a 90 percent chance you'll skip over everything in this post because it sounds super freaking boring to you, which proves my point.  I just recently wrote an article that I hoped would spark some interesting dialogue, but thus far it has fallen flat on its butt.  I'm not complaining... I write because I like to, record because I like to, help because I like to, play games because I like to, eat cheese because I like to, build nukes because I... I don't build nukes.  Do what you wana do, not what everyone else wants you to do.  Make sure that what you're doing is not derisive, divisive, destructive... I'm sure you get the picture.  Beyond that, don't do it because you're after people's best reactions or you'll quickly get burned out.  Don't go down the other path and assume that even negative attention is better than no attention; that's no way to live.
3.  There's no real way to make it or break it.  Some people post original content and get noticed; others cover tons of songs without ever writing a single freaking lyric and get noticed.  Some are gamers playing games who make hundreds of thousands of dollars via their twich streams, while others are nobodies from nowheresville posting about knocking down hives full of wasps and nearly being stung into a serious alergic reaction.  It's like everything else in life... I know people who can turn a fart into a funny affair while others are just obnoxious, people who can cook and people who seriously need to put the oven mits away, people who can talk and people who don't know when to shut up.  I have three children and all of them try doing the same things, sometimes at the same time.  In seom cases the results can be cute while in others the results can be exceptionally annoying.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-01-02 23:50:16

I like your channel

2019-01-03 03:22:07

That's how YouTube goes. Just keep trying.

2019-01-03 03:31:04

Keep in mind that youtube is a vast wasteland of content. I make that sound negative, but it really isn't, it's just how Youtube works. Of course you aren't going to get noticed in 2 weeks, or maybe not even in 2 years, if your goal was to get 4 billion views or something. I bet there are tons of cat videos that don't have a lot of views. Work on building a base audience of loyal watchers/subscribers, who will hopefully recommend your channel to others. Everyone has to start from somewhere. I think one issue with the blind community sometimes is that it can lull you into a false sense of accomplishment. It feels great to get even a hundred plays on an Anyaudio track you've submitted, right? But Youtube is a much, much bigger playground, and oh yes, there are the comment sections to worry about, which I hope for your sake you ignore. Also, I have no clue if the original poster uses Anyaudio, I certainly stay far away from it myself, but I'm making the point that success on such narrow platforms can make you get complacent and expect success on a mainstream platform to come just as easily.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-01-03 05:00:51

Didn't you just start?  I've been posting music on YouTube for 2 years now and get minimal views and do it because I enjoy it.  If you're discouraged this fast, or because it's hard to make vids/people aren't watching then you're making videos for the wrong reasons.  Make them to enjoy playing games and making them, not for attention.

2019-01-03 05:58:01

I like your channel. I noticed you aren't playing the exact same games as everyone else

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-01-03 06:50:25

Hi. Thanks for all the wonderful advice. I will continue uploading videos. You guys can forget I ever said this.

2019-01-03 07:58:25

I know this isn’t a small request, but could someone please make a reaction video so that I can hear exactly what I’m doing wrong and what I am doing right?  I will also react to that video on my channel. Thanks.

2019-01-03 08:50:09 (edited by Chris 2019-01-03 08:57:40)

I agree with everyone else. Don't do it for attention. My channel has around 600 subscribers, but I don't care. My content doesn't include visuals because they're not necessary for the games I play and I'm too lazy to record the screen. If people want to listen to them great! If not, I don't care. If people moan and gripe that my content has no visuals, I don't care. There are tons of videos on YouTube that I can't fully enjoy because the knuckleheads play music and animate it. The only people that can't enjoy my content are those who are deaf or have significant hearing loss. I feel bad about it, but I'm not sure there's much I can do about it. The world isn't perfect, but I have fun recording and demonstrating audio games on a mainstream platform.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-01-03 08:58:04

You are absolutely correct. I believe the only reason I wanted attention was so that I could stand out. I completely understand.

2019-01-03 17:19:34

Well, you know. I think I got my first YouTube channel when I was 12 or 13. I made some dumb videos with some friends just for fun. Now I'm 22, I got my second Lets Play channel and one thing I really had to learn, YouTube needs time! extremely much time. If you want to grow a channel with a community who is always following you, writing comments and giving feedback can take one or two years. Don't give up to fast, I think Youtube is still one of the best platform to create and share content, also for blind people. I personally love to see and listen to new stuff people are doing on youTube. No matter if it is gaming or something' completely different.
Go on and do what you want and be yourself!

- Eagle Ear Entertainment
YouTube
Twitch
Mastodon

2019-01-04 00:53:53

Yeah, that's absolutely true.

2019-01-04 01:03:23

indeed so. I expected 80 subs on my channel max, in about 3 years maybe, and I think 20 subs in a week is pretty impressive. just enjoy the ones you've got and hope for new ones. blindgamer is extremely lucky to have that many subs. keep on going, and they'll just keep on coming.

2019-01-04 01:44:29

I didn't read the whole thread yet but to kinda go along with some others have been saying:
I have a freshly started stream/podcast sort of thing, next one will be... episode 5? I have I think 12, 13 regular listeners, maybe... 15. I also have the same amount of people chatting during the stream, maybe less. Needless to say it's not the most popular thing around. Like especially nocternous said though, I do it because I purely like doing it - in fact I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to people, so if I was working to impress the people, I'd be done by now. I'm not though, and I've specifically told the listeners I have that they are a great help but not the complete reason why I'm doing it, and that I'm not strictly committing to anything. So because of that, I'll be doing my 5th one next week and I strongly look forward to it.
See where I'm going? I don't care that 500000 people don't love what I do, and therefore I'm not questioning whether or not I should continue. I'm not condescending you, I'm just telling you to do what you love for yourself rather than the views, because it works for me.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-01-04 02:34:27

I said?  I?  Said?  What did I say?  When did I say it?  No, you have me confused with my evil twin!  I said nothing!  That's precisely what I said!  NOTHING!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-01-04 04:32:13

If you'd really like to know exactly how much people are enjoying your content, may I suggest the Y T studio app. It gives you extremely detailed stats on your video, up to and including just how long people watched it before clicking away to something else. It gives you the average number of weekly viewers as well as, I think, even what percentile of your viewers were male and female. Could be wrong about that one though lol. Point is, I know you've come around and aren't just posting for likes, but it's a great app which any youtuber should take a look at.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/youtube … 30356?mt=8

-
That Guy. Serving those people since that time. To contact, use that info.

2019-01-04 10:15:51

Hi guys. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have the app installed, but there is not enough data to use.  I would really like to know, exactly, what people think of my content. That’s why I asked if someone could do a reaction video. My brother has suggested that I started doing a podcast, but I prefer a YouTube.

2019-01-05 13:22:49

I uploaded my next video yesterday.