2016-07-18 14:40:51

Hi Tj.

If you mean hanif's suggestions in post 25, I just take those as suggestions and will consider them if we decide to add more ranks, though as we're okay up ato ten thousand posts I don't think we need to worry too much yet.

If you mean the list I wrote in post 1 of this thread, this is just a list of the ranks and games, not the official listing the board uses and just exists for reference purposes.
If you go and check the sitefaq, you'll find a more correctly formatted list, but I didn't see the point of editing too many posts particularly when this topic is as I said just intended as a chat about ranks and a scratch list, not an official site resource much less anything used by the board itself.

Needless to say, the actual ranks list that is set in the admin settings is correct, as someone will find when they get more than 8 k posts (which one forum member at least might do in the relatively near future).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-07-19 13:41:34

i don't know if this is possible to do but i think 150 posts is too much for a rank change. is it possible to decrease it to 100? other wys, you must be registered many years and post allot to get higher ranks

2016-07-21 11:31:24

@Nibar, it changed every 250 posts, not 150. But for you, well, it will be 150. however, when you get up to 250, you have to reach another 250 to get another ranks. that's how the system works.

2016-07-21 18:02:16

nibar wrote:

You must be registered many years and post allot to get higher ranks

Yes, that is exactly the point of ranks.
Actually, this board has more ranks than  many do, usually it's 10 posts, 50, 100 posts, 500, 10000, 50000 etc.
I personally however never like the exponential level system in games where experience requirements increase for each level,  since it means sitting around at one level for far too long a time with nothing changing and no progress, so I decided to have a fixed interval instead, so people would always know when they were getting a new rank.

I settled on 250 since 100 would I think be to little (and require a hell of a lot of rank titles), while anything higher would be too much, and other numbers such as 150 just wouldn't work mathematically (after all it  would be pretty silly if there were no ranks at 1000 or 5000 posts).

The only conceivable change I'd consider making would be having ranks at 200 rather than 250 posts. At the time I wondered if that would be too many, but it seems not, however changing everything over now would be a pretty major amount of workk, since I'd need to essentially rewrite and renumber every single rank, both in the faq and in the main forum admin settings and I don't know if it's worth it just for the sake of one extra rank every thousand posts, ---- plus Nibar, your up for a new rank in a few posts anyway, which you wouldn't be if I changed the requirements big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-07-22 16:16:41

Hi hanif!
the legendery tombhunter will not work because the game din't exist any more!
at dark
no need to edit that ranks they are working fine.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-08-23 16:16:00

Dark, you just made my day with these rank titles.

2016-08-24 08:14:52

Glad you like.
As I said there's a more formal list in the faq, actually coming up with them was rather fun.

2016-09-24 19:50:13

An interesting thought, how about sorting them in order bt release date?

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2016-10-06 17:21:22

hi. Hahaha yes. It can be fun if you sort them with their release date.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2016-10-06 18:40:32

Well if you mean havve ranks based on newer released games towards the bottom and ranks with older released games towards the top, the problem is that would make it much harder to add more ranks in the future since we'd need to change every single one on  the list each and every time we added a new one.

Also, I actually rather like the idea that someone gets a rank and thinks "hay, what's that game about?" since it would be rather fun if say someone started on the forum and went and checked out shades of doom (which really had to be the first rank on the list), got to the pinball xpert rank and went and checked out pinball xtreme, ditto with Jim Kitchin's games, since manifestly our goal here is promoting all! audiogames, not just the latest ones, thus even if I added a rank such as "Crazy party secretary" it'd be slightly irritating if new members only saw ranks referring to games they'd already played.

the one change I have considered is removing a few of the ranks related to games that are no longer available for download anywhere, ie, Solara, 3D velocity, rail racer and the Bsc titles and replacing them with different, available games, though ranks related to stuff that is now available on Audiogames archive such as knight of parasite should of course stay.

What do people think?

2018-12-26 18:02:04 (edited by mohamed 2018-12-26 18:28:19)

why you not add the Tomb  Hunter  for 50 posts
and the true devil for BK3

2018-12-27 16:56:19

lol reviver

2019-01-03 04:53:46

tdv is still there. Then such iconic ones like papa sangre's plaything would have to go as well. Also 11111 posts should be Lord Flipper Of Tables. You can find that on the ag archive apparently. And wasn't there a red potter?

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.