2019-01-02 17:51:44

Ok. Hey there guys. So I am just here to talk about this. Yes yes, some people already know that this is true, but for those of you who don't, here it is.
I'm here to talk about the fact that you play firefight. So yeah, it's awesome sounding. You have zombies, and all kinds of lovely things, as a level 0 and one player. And you can collect a ton of things. Oh yes. But when you get to level 2, your expected to be a tank. Reason I say this is because I was literally level 2, had 80000 health, and a sniper bullet hits me, instantly killing me. Ok, so I have a few questions. How in the world are we expected to level up, if you can't even fight players because they have all these powerful weapons. Also, did I mention that you lose all of your items on death? So yes people. All that stuff you bought when you were level 1 is just going to go to a player who has like 210k health, making them almost impossible to kill, and who have weapons that do 80k damage. One last thing. This sniper, has a range of about like 650 tiles. So yep folks. 650 tiles range, a spread of some craziness. And a damage of 80k.
Once again. I understand that ff has been talked about, but I feel that this needs to be talked about. The developer reza was online today. And he didn't seem to care at all. Is this how a game is supposed to be run? Seriously.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-01-02 18:04:45

hello audiogame. so the range is only 250, spread is litterally like 4 tiles or lower, but yeah dammge is about 80000.

2019-01-02 18:41:26

Hi there. Thank you Post 1 for letting us know the issues that might be there for a newbie. You know, We already did test this stuff you mentioned but since both me and reza know the game well, No matter if we start with a completely new account or not, We already know the ways to avoid snipers, For example. So thank you for telling us what's actually happening. Yeah i was in the game last night(in my time zone), And saw people are getting sniped and it was giving me a bad feeling cause they would focus on just a player, Something like that and I got an idea to fix this issue. I was thinking about removing snipers that players can carry whereever they want, and instead, Add those snipers that are stuck to the ground and can't be moved or picked up, And put one or maximum two of them in the map. Let me know what you think about this idea, And tell me if you think any other issues it might bring up and we'll sort out things here

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-01-02 18:42:31

the ideas you state are not that bad kianoosh, however they should doo less dammage, and only hold one bullet! the snipers dammage is insane! its over  powered in my opinion

2019-01-02 19:16:37

The damage is not overpowered once you get to 210000 max health. This should be your first concern after you leave the newbie map. Only after your hp is 210k you should buy weapons and start killing other players. If not you will be killed much more easily because everyone has 210000 health and you have just 80000.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2019-01-02 19:31:42

dont make snipers like cannons, seriously
but something like, er maybe you should first setup the gun to shoot?
also longer unwielding time
bye the way they are not overpowered like they used to be

2019-01-02 20:02:30

@3. I think that they should be stationary yes. Becauses then players can still be aimed at if they are carryable weapons. Also, you should make them hold one bullet. And @5, you don't get it. That's the problem. If you try going to the ring store, you won't get there. Your always being chased by some player with some sort of weapon.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-01-02 20:09:56

I never played firefight, but here are some suggestions and or ideas.
1: Decrease the amount of damage done as the shot flies throughout the map. Say, 300 per tile?
2: Make a sniper unable to move when they draw, at all.
3: Slow down sniper's turning speed when they have the weapon drawn, the idea of a weapon being huge and taking time to rotate.
4: Have the sniper pushed back as a shot fires, creating an illusion of a rebound. Make sure to change sniper's aiming.
You should implement only one suggestion, 2 at most. Players need an incentive to use the weapon, and implementing too many drawbacks could cause them to choose something else.

2019-01-02 20:40:13

i don't know but seriously this rings are unbalanced. Like when some newbie come on main map, he she has 80000 health and player whitch has 210k health it can kill him her very quickly

Yours kindly

2019-01-02 20:50:56

Hi guys
So now I have done some quick math. It is not a 100 % precise, but it should do.
According to my calculations, if the sniper has a range of 250 tiles, each player with a sniper makes a fifth of the map instakill dangerzone, if the map is a 1000 by 1000 square.
Now let's say there are three players with snipers and one newbie on the map. The newbie then has to maneuver around the map killing npc's to earn money, without entering the three fifth of the map which snipers have range in. Not only that, the snipers move around. Now let's say you as a newbie have aroud 50K dollars, you might be able to buy two of the three health boosters, don't know the exact price.
Now you have to get there first, you might end up being ssniped two, three or even more times, so when you reach the store, surprise surprise, you can't buy jack.
So how exactly are you supposed to get health and weapons as a newbie, just teleported there from the newbie map..?
I am not verry interested in the game as I really play games rather cassually which this game really doesn't allow, and the chat, while somehow little funny but a still sad, just doesn't make it better.
I do think it is a kinda need concept with some cool sound-design, so keep on it.

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2019-01-02 20:59:51

well you know i liked the bullet idea
the more you shoot from far, the more bullet will deals damage less

2019-01-05 02:45:14

Hi,
First of all, Thanks for your suggestions/comments regarding firefight.
Me and Kianoosh as the developers of Firefight, Try our best to make the game pleasant and fairly playable for every interested person.
However, As the game being tested only by some beta members and its developers, some bugs, unbalancing issues etc won't be discovered unless the actual players find and report them to us.
In the other hand, Firefight is a quite new game still in its beta stages, which can be understood easily through the title when you launch it.
In any case, We would like to ask you for your suggestions about how to make the game better and more pleasant for you.
We'll put our best efforts on including what is possible from your suggestions in the game.
So, Guide us through the path of making Firefight more playable for you by sending us your constructive criticisms and suggestions!

Check out Sonorous Arts on GitHub: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/

2019-01-05 06:50:57

My solution for every FPS until someone implements it. 

Sto pretending to be an RPG, stop letting people save stop, make the game into a match mode when enough people are on to put everyone on the map with equal stats to go hunt/collect/complete objectives.

Honestly, the only way you make your current format work is if you expanded your playingfield 100 fold to make it difficult to camp newbies.  Alternatively, start a match, pick a loadout, everyone spawns with different armors/hp/weapons on loadout picked, adding new stuf from pickups on the field. 

Go with the Counterstrike root for shops, letting players buy new stuff in between rounds, with a chance to lose the weapon while people keep stuff they bought or got off a corpse and kept.

Just stop pretending your an RPG and not a pvp shootem up.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-01-05 10:19:48

One thing you could do is stop all this stuff having to do with levels and xp. That would work if your game was an rpg type game where you unlocked new features as you leveled and were able to do lots of other things besides pvp, which is not the case. In such games, a persistent map just doesn't work. You'd need a series of game matches that periodically start in which everyone is reset. No weird max health upgrades, no ultra hyper mega quad damage rings that last forever, and for heavens sake please no snipers that have a range of 600 tiles, unless you add a system to block or dodge bullets that everyone can attempt to use.
The thing about snipers, cannons, and other long range weapons is: It would be nice if you were told someone was aiming the weapon at you. I'm not sure if this is true but in many mainstream shooters you have something like a laser sight system that signifies you're being tracked by a sharpshooter because of a red dot on your person. Something like that in this game would help to at least give those who don't use snipers a chance.
As an alternative: You could just make the map a bit more elaborate to stop sniping from being effective everywhere and anywhere. Right now, aside from one or two exceptions, the map is pretty much still an empty field. Walls, platforms, and stairs would be nice to have, where quarters might get so tight close combat guns or even melee is the only options. And for those who like nothing more than to snipe it out with people, you can keep an open area somewhere or add chokepoints that are set up for good sniping positions.
Since we talked earlier about game matches, adding some more game modes into that would be a nice addition. Sure, constant free for all death match does work, but throwing a team dm, or a battle royale, or hell even a capture the flag in there every once in a while would be awesome.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-01-05 11:19:01

certainly, that would be a lovely change from senseless bang bang bang.

2019-01-05 14:23:32

I agree with post1. Honestly ff is seeming more and more like the 3d up. I haven’t played in quite a long time, but isn’t it kind of dum your dollar system assentially rewards people for playing your game for hours on end. I remember playing the game in like February / march of last year when it was alfa7, and i remember thinking to myself heh, they’ll probably go the way of tk and rs, by which i mean fuck up the game in later versions. Well hate to say it, but looks like you did.

2019-01-05 16:48:09

Lately, I've not been having so much fun in FF.
I don't play much now, but the carrier missiles are gone how am I supposed to navigate all the way across the 999x999 map at a reasonable speed? Then, there are no bots at all, nothing to do if no one is online and I am board.
I think newbies should automatically be given the health rings when they upgrade to main, along with one decent weapon and some ammo.

2019-01-05 18:58:30 (edited by kianoosh 2019-01-05 18:59:46)

About rings, They shall be removed, It seems. Since people have deficulties getting them. And Charly, A lot of things changed, One being that salary system. It only rewards you when you fight, and the reward depends on how good you fight. We have to reduse the map size as well. We removed snipers a fiew days ago to be able to first, Control the spamkilling at least a bit, and then focus more on coding. We're planning to replace ai(s) with another "clientside" system, And soon, probably bring some serverside things to the clients to reduse the lag, A lot. There's another thing we planned to do, Which some of you might love it but I won't mention it because I know while some of you like it, Some others hate it because they're so high. Uh. Never mind. So here was a little update which I hope can make you leave out a releafing breath.

---

2019-01-06 03:15:15

removing rings would fuck up the game fight won't be fun anymore.

2019-01-06 11:14:40

THANKS FOR FUCKİNG THE CARRİER mistles up
also a cross bow has a greater range then some other big guns
lol i wont play til you balance those stuff

2019-01-06 15:14:18

speaking of crossbows, I don't remember if you already did this but just encase you didn't. Please do your research on crossbows and what projectiles they fire. It really isn't hard to figure out and requires only one google search. I'll give you a clue, it's most definitely not arrows, I think Sam Tupy started that myth.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-01-06 16:46:03

bolts

2019-01-07 08:29:16

Oops, You're right. Wrong ammo for the crossbows. Have to set it then. Oh and BTW, i have to inform everyone here, That me and reza were talking about balancing game last night, And we got to the conclusion that this game is going to be a "fps". Not an "RPG". Thanks to one of the posts here that brought up this situation. I'm saying it here. Seriously, Officially, This is going to be done and there's no reason to prevent us from doing it. I know a lot of people might get angry at either me or reza, But please, Keep these in mind:
1. This game is still on its beta stages, Therefore you have to expect such events happen time to time. Oh BTW let me say that "it's on its beta stages" means that "It's open for public testing". Take it as it is please.
2. If you want a better gameplay and more fun, You should be so happy about this event. Performing these changes will make a lot of high stat players be the same as a previously lower stat player, Thus they encounter much more challenge in the game.

Oops again, Let's not forget about the big map we currently have. It's going to be smaller, And hopefully with some buildings and stuff around it so sniping(With the stationary snipers, Of course) won't be as easy as before.
Lag time! I finished coding a target system to replace with the current ai system. Here's how they're going to work. A fiew targets are placed around the map which you're going to shoot them probably, If you need xp. The more accurate you shoot, The more xp you gain. These are clientside thus they shouldn't make lag, And of course, You can't cheat them. We might bring some other stuff to the clients from the server gradually.

---

2019-01-07 21:01:35

Yay! It'll be nice.

2019-01-07 21:18:28

Also not to mention this longstanding bug... I thought I'd try playing again a couple days ago. I got to the main map, found someone shooting at me with a sniper, made it to the store to try to buy health rings, went inside... only to be instakilled by said person, through a damn wall.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.