2018-11-29 09:12:08

Hi.
I agree on the language thing, but it's difficult to find any good solution. I agree it can be very difficult for us who don't have English as our main language to rollplay as much as we wish.
Translate the whole game into other languages would take more time than I even can describe. This game is extremely huge. If you just look at the help files, there are more than 500 of those. I don't know how many rooms there are. If I did, you also have to keep in mind that players are expanding the game and building more rooms on their factories all the time. Both the amazing developers, builders and all the players who have a factory makes the game grow extremely fast. So if you should have a minimum chance of translating the game into an other language, you need 10 people constantly working on that part.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-29 10:22:03

Hi,
I finally want to get into playing this game, and so I created a character. I also downloaded and installed Snapps soundpack using the soundpack installer from Nathan Tech, but I have no sounds in the game. The soundpack doesn't seem to even load at all, since the shortcut keys of the pack don't do anything either. What can I do here?
Thanks for helping
Tikki

2018-11-29 12:44:26

About the soundpack installer, it only works if the soundpack is allready decompressed in one folder. I recommand that you first install the soundpack one manually to make sure you follow all the instructions. Then, try to join the Snap's shared dropbox folder and target it with Nathan's software. This way you can update the pack easily without having to download it alla over again.
Note that there will probably no change in December, as Snap told us he wanted to take a short breake (and trust me he deserves it). So you don't have to worry about updates right now. As I said, try to install it manually and follow the readme step by step. If your probleme persists, try to describe your installation and we'll try to figure out what happened.

@slj : Yep, translating the game was pure fantasm from me, and the staf wouldn't agree even if it was possible i think. But an alternative channel system could be helpfull.

Best regard,
Simon

2018-11-29 13:45:54

Hi,
ok, I also tried a manual installation, but the problem is the same. I did everything like it's described in the readme file. I created my character in Vipmud by entering my Character name and Cosmic Rage as the mud name, the connection info and checked the boxes for keeping variables and simple script control. After that, I decompressed the soundpack and copied everything into the vipmud folder under my documents, leaving the folders as they were, so that the sounds folder was integrated into my existing sounds folder and the file sounds.ini was replaced and everything else was placed into vipmud\cosmic rage. I also copied the settings.set file into cosmic rage\misc.
After that, I start vipmud, connect using my created character, and have no sounds at all. And pressing any shortcut key from the keys file from the soundpack does just nothing.
So, what did I do wrong?
Thanks as always for any help.
Tikki

2018-11-29 16:40:24

Hm that's strange I agree... I assume you're playing with vipmud 2.0. 
Does the "config" command work atleast? If it does, try to configure all the options so none of them stays undefined or blank.
You should probably try to contact snap on the sp channel . He can probably help you more than I can.
This soundpack is certainly the best made for this mud, but if you want to try anyway and you don't want to do it without sounds, you still have the mush client option, which provides a soundpack too. That's not an ideal ending of course, but it's better than not playing at all smile .

Best regard,
Simon

2018-11-29 17:45:26

hi!
I'd really like to play the nmud, or moo, cow mud? anyway, how do i connect, with mush, and where can i find the mush soundpack, cause the won on nathantech's site is brokenhnhnhnhnh. I need to know what keys to push and what to enter into what fields or watever and everything else, I currently use mush for alter aeon. If I want to have both packs can i have them in the same mush folder? I know there's a mush z\worlds\alter aeon, would i just make mush z\worlds\cosmic rage? help please!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-11 14:12:27

Hello everyone!
In a moment, I will update the mush link on my website, thanks for making us aware of that!
I just wanted to raise some important events coming up, and also ask a question.
Over the next week, we have a lot of events going on, and I'm aiming in the new year to try to keep this high number of events.
they are:
[1] Discussion on ground combat
[2] a space combat physical training session
[3] Merry christmas, every one
[4] Build, build, build me a bridge!
[5] Another space combat Q and A
[6] behind the scenes

There also is a secret santa contest going on right now, as well as some really awesome changes.
Reports are at a relative low at the moment, which means Nate, and the other hosts, are cracking down and finishing up projects they wanted to do, and or getting suggestions in faster than you can say "Nate's coke."
There are some fun changes and announcements, the best of which I have selected for you and put at the bottom.
My question is, should I create a new thread?
This one is 25 pages long, and I feel, rather full of old information.
cosmic Rage could do with an audiogames.net facelift, especially as the game is so different!
Changes below, and as always, much thanks.
Tuesday, 11  December  2018 01:54 Lara Stardust: good evening everyone! in an effort to make cosmic rage more newbie friendly, we are changing up our lesson styles in the Academy. so far, I have converted one lesson to the new format. the lesson is the difference between IC and OOC. To get to it, go two north and then west from the landing pad. Please, please, please, please! take this lesson and let me know if you find it helpful, if the format is useful, ETC. You can let me know your thoughts by mail, or by OLINK thanks so much. Lara!
Sunday,  2  December  2018 18:12 Lara Stardust: hi guys. Now that it has been here for a while, we have officially made salura the home spawning place for the humans. If you have an alt that you are going to make any time soon, or you see a new human, we'd love to know how this affected your experience and would also love to know where we need to update references in help files through the report system. Much love
Sunday,  2  December  2018 22:58 Lara Stardust: hi guys! From feedback we received during that event, all weapon rooms are now automatically soundproofed. This does not, however, include control rooms, which you will have to soundproof manually if you want that. I hope you all feel a great deal more confident in this system now, and look forward to missions being run once again. Much love
Friday, 30  November  2018 02:10 Lara Stardust: hi guys! Have I mentioned lately I am quite clever? Well, I am. You will be hopefully amazed by the fact that trees on the game now grow. If you visit a hunting area one day, you might see 20 seedlings, go there 3 weeks later and you might see 20 mature trees. Trees have a 30 life day process here, with 7 stages from shoots, to ancient trees. You can cut trees down when they are at the mature stage, which they are at for 14 days. On top of this there is a new command, room-resources, which shows you the resources in a room like trees, and scraps, and such. Enjoy!
Friday, 30  November  2018 02:13 Lara Stardust: hi guys. Just another quick announcement, if you see a room where trees should grow and don't, please let us know and report it. If you have other awesome ideas like this one, where you think a room is missing a certain something, or an item in the game could be better suggest suggest suggest! thanks as always
Friday, 30  November  2018 02:18 Lara Stardust: hi guys. Check me out with all these announcements! So I'm not sure when this was implemented, but as I've seen this twice in the suggest queue I thought I'd bring your attention to it. I have just updated the help file to include this. When using resource trolleys, you type dump <item> from trolley. dump bricks from trolley for example, however, you can also type dump 20 bricks from trolley. Just not sure if people new about that, because I didn't!
Saturday,  1  December  2018 14:24 Lara Stardust: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Cosmic is in the mood. Take a look at the Christmas place, glistening once again, with gifts for all and fun at every turn! in light of the Christmas season, a number of changes have just occurred. 1. There is a new elf npc on the snowy access tube on Navidad 2. When you log in, there is a Christmas quote for each day of Christmas and 3. For the next 14 days, in Santa's house on Navidad there is now a wishing star. You can go to this star and type wish upon star, and make a Christmas list of 3 donator items you would like for Christmas If you've been good, the Christmas elves may make you this gift ready for an event on Saturday the 15th The deadline for Christmas gift requests is the 1st of December. The elves may make 1, none, or  all 3 gifts! It is really up to the elf and how good you've been! Enjoy and ho ho ho from Santa!

There were a lot of changes, and honestly, I just couldn';t pick my favorite, so come on in and say hello, Cosmic Rage is waiting to hear from you.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-12-11 16:11:00

Hi guys!
Just an update on the soundpacks thing.
When you create an account on the game, it now asks if you are visually impaired.
this being the case, it offers you links to the mush and vip soundpacks.
Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-12-11 21:40:25

hello nathan. are you going to do more stuff with space exploration and expansion? 1 of the reasons why i left is because whilst it's good now that you can go in any direction but there's nothing to really find out there. whether it be random fleets of ships or planets to explore. yes there are planetoids etc but unless you go purposefully into a field or nebula then you never find anything or get into any danger. you could in affect leave your ship flying turn the sound off go to bed wake up next morning and you know that your ship would still be flying and perfectly ok.

2018-12-11 22:26:30

Hi,
just for everyone who tried to help, I found out that when you use Snapps soundpack for vipmud, you shouldn't activate the simple script control thingy when you set up your character. So, if anyone else runs into problems, that should help.
I'm already playing for quite some days now and really enjoy the game, so I'm glad I got it working. I just totally forgot to post here to let everyone know I did it.

2018-12-11 22:37:18

@612
It is planned, but we do have other things in the works at the same time

@613 glad you figured it out

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-12-11 23:14:29

Hi.
@dardar: Please keep up the fantastic job. It's difficult to say how much I love Cosmic Rage.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-12-16 05:21:00

hello everyone! for those who were unable to attend the small mini event I just held, cosmic Rage just had an exciting, and by exciting I mean I've been on and on and on about it and the HTPL's are sick of testing it, release. this release is: Megasuits! I don't want to spoil it too much with my silly person words, so read help megasuits, and related files. I hope you enjoy this, because I sure enjoyed coding it! Feedback and suggestions appreciated

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-12-31 04:57:41

Is the server down? Just double checking seeing that I can not connect this evening here in my time zone. I pinged the server and got no reply either.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-12-31 04:59:21

yep. its down. wonder if my ship and all the minerals will be ok. I had to go to dinner and it was in a planetoid field.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-12-31 10:47:41

Yeah. The server, and the mud section of the website has been down the whole night in my timezone, and it still seems to be down as I'm writing this post. I hope this is an easy fix, and nothing is damaged.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-12-31 10:56:25

Glad it's not just me. I randomly just tried connecting right now, so I'm glad to have that confirmed.

Hopefully it'll be back again soon! And hopefully, you know, I recall my login details!

2019-01-01 11:00:19

Yeah, it was never down for this long. I hope everything is fine.

Don't care.

2019-01-01 16:53:16

Greetings folks! smile
Just to inform you all that the Cosmic Rage hosts are working on bringing the game back. Hopefully it'll be up soon, and you all will be able to get back to playing!
Very sorry for inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding and patience. smile

P.S. Happy new year to all of you! smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2019-01-01 18:26:26

do we know why it went down?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-01-02 16:30:43

Hello all!
The cosmic Rage MUD is back online, though, it never went offline to begin with. There's a long story behind it, but the long and short of it is:
cosmic Rage is back, this is not server instability, you should have lost nothing at all, and... Happy new year!
Sorry for the inconvenience, and we look forward to seeing you on the game soon!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-01-03 09:20:01

Interesting. It would be great to know why the server and the website couldn't be reached.

Best regards SLJ.

2019-02-22 13:45:33

hi. i am starting to play this mud.
would any one know where i could get help from. not just the help files in the game.
is there some help in a format like html or some guides?
any help would be grate

Have a lovely day.

2019-02-22 21:33:43

@post 627, currently the players are your best help. If you type newbie and then your message you'll find the community being willing to help you out with any issue you have. There's also an assist command, but it's more extreme, i.e you dying because of a bug. Use it only if you encounter something super weird.

2019-02-22 22:45:10

hello there,
the game is full of mentors, i mean really, turn your face left, mentor, right mentor, mentors and helpful players at evrywhere, just simply use newbie or mentor channels for questions, someone probably will help you