2018-12-30 13:52:50

Hi, i have new idea. Sounds for not wery effective damage in battle, normal and wery effective damage.

ice, fire, water, thunder.

Thumbs up

2018-12-30 19:10:56 (edited by Niklas 2018-12-30 19:12:55)

Oh yeah, sounds good. Maybe different hit sounds for you and the enemies would be funny as well, the sounds could differ depending on the opponent. But sounds when they got hit or hurt would be nice, like explosions or something wich breaks on machines, bloody sounds or little screams of pain for animals or humans.
Another idea would be verbal comments for the opponents and the bots, so the human types for example could taunt you or say funny things depending on how the game goes. That could be fun as well in team battles as well, online and offline likewise.

Thumbs up

2018-12-30 20:52:11

That's honestly a lot of development time wasted on not so useful things. The only thing I think would be cool is an intro sound, nothing else. Pain sounds in a card battle would not work as each card has a different attack sound and it would need to fit together, moreover there are offensive cards which do not hit you.

Thumbs up

2018-12-31 00:17:00

Lol why not just give the solo card battle mode a full story mode text!

Seriously though, I can get behind sounds for damage effectiveness. Since so much was borrowed from pokemon already I was surprised to not hear a super affective sound. Its not necessary, but would be nice to have.

Thumbs up

2018-12-31 01:03:43

Does anyone think psychic type is too powerful?  It took my friend to make me notice the imbalance of power between it and other types, but when you look through it section and compare it to other types, you may begin to wonder.

A proud fool  and idiot. You may think that's an insult. For me? That's a compliment.

Thumbs up

2018-12-31 01:35:53

Hey, does anyone know where to get the most recent crazy party text strings? I'm thinking of finaly translating it to hungarian, i'm bored big_smile I'd be grateful if someone could tell, the english strings would be good, i don't know anything in french.

Thumbs up

2018-12-31 02:27:55

Psychic is in fact, mostly quite weak. The only time it can be good is in low HP rounds. As for the strings, I recommend contacting Pragma in case he does not see your message in the topic.

Thumbs up

2018-12-31 04:24:27 (edited by Chris 2018-12-31 04:26:19)

I wonder if it would be possible for Pragma to create a server application that would just sit there and wait for /host incoming connections? I've been thinking about getting a Linux VPS to host several central servers for games and would love to host a permanent Crazy Party server. It would make it easier for those who didn't know how to forward ports or configure VPNs to simply connect to a server and have fun.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.
You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2018-12-31 07:54:46

I wish the yugioh mud had a solo mode that let us collect cards over time and test our decks against bots like here on cp. That way players could familiarize themself with the game at their own pace and not have to rely on other players. As it is, though, there is a pretty steep learning curb for anyone with no prior hands on experience with duel monsters.

Thumbs up

2018-12-31 13:45:14

Yes, I would definitely love to see a server app as well, but don't know if Pragma has it planned.

Thumbs up

2019-01-01 03:44:12

I sent him a forum email. Let's see what he says.

You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-01-01 04:14:22

not knocking the idea, but what's the difference between that and choosing the automatically check for new servers option that already exists?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-01-01 05:49:52

That would not work. First, the host has to be present to start the game which wouldn't work in a headless server situation. Second, there's no way that I know of to control the program running in Wine from a terminal, so selecting the option to host isn't possible. This is really frustrating! Why have a server list when all it does is send the IP address and name of the person actually hosting?

Thumbs up

2019-01-04 21:09:14

in reference to post 1664, when you make a bug/dark deck, did you put 40 dark cards, then 40 bug cards?
i never made a multi-type deck yet

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

Thumbs up

2019-01-04 21:35:30

You almost never make an 80 cards deck. The chance of drawing what you need is very small. Don't worry about the numbers too much actually. There is no definitive put 20 cards of this type and 20 of that type. Just put what you think will work for you, and if you find it has too many cards try to remove something. 80 cards very rarely works good. Generally, 40 to 60 is good, however it all depends on the deck type.

Thumbs up

2019-01-08 06:26:08

I saw the quick launch option and thought it would be cool if it skipped game instructions to for those that already knew how to play. Just a thought.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

Thumbs up

2019-01-08 14:46:11

what is the pathfinder

Thumbs up

2019-01-12 17:11:27

Hi!
I was playing cp today and I it came to me a possible use for the coins. What about using them to buy special power ups to make the boards more interesting when played online? For example, you could buy a replayer to replay a game you have just played so to gain more money if you're good at it, or a stealer to steal the coins of another player, or a substituter to substitute the game you should play with another, or a play it for me thing to force one of your adversaries to play a game he's not good at etc etc.

Thumbs up

2019-01-12 23:59:01

The thing is, while I want a use for the coins as much as everyone else does at this point, I would worry that if they could be used for any kind of powerup in online games, there would be some serious balancing issues. Longtime players could easily wipe the floor with newbies, and then the complaints would start, and we all know where that goes, right up to when the dev says fuck it, I'm done dealing with this community.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-01-13 00:15:04 (edited by defender 2019-01-13 00:15:20)

plus, it's super easy to cheat coins/gems, or pass around/reuse saves in this game and many people do it.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

2019-01-13 00:50:37

The thing is, I don't think doing the things suggested here would break the balance so badly, and the board mode needs something anyways. All we need is the ability to use this powerup a limited number of times and then it would really not depend on the number of coins.

Thumbs up

2019-01-13 02:01:51

I'd like to propose an alternatire...
In Mario Party 5, 6, and 7, there was an orb system where you either bought orbs from a shop or landed on specific spaces that would grant you orbs. The orbs could either be used on yourself to roll an extra set of dice, choose where you want to go, or warp to a Star. However, you could also place other orbs on spaces that would activate board events once people landed on them. This would allow the coins to not be unbalanced, as it depends on the coins in the actual game.
Something that I would want is a Crazy Cart mode, somewhat similar to Mario Kart. You could race against bots around tracks, or you could race online with items.
Regarding other uses of coins, I do feel like they should either (a) be cashed in for gems or (but) serve as the way to replay minigames in the rewards room.
Or minigames should be free.

Thumbs up +1

2019-01-13 05:47:19

Can someone please give me some kind of strategy for that new duck game that's supposed to unlock the space world?

Thumbs up

2019-01-13 06:57:52

Off topic. The dropbox link for beta 62 is broken has been removed. If you still wish to view the file:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qxjv9ePWAg

I have my eyes closed, but am I asleep? No. I am more awake than those who's eyes are open when they are sleeping.

Thumbs up

2019-01-13 07:01:10

the coins exist because they are your experience points. If you were to keep spending your coins, you would never reach the next level. But levels aren't used for anything, so coins are worth nothing too.

I have my eyes closed, but am I asleep? No. I am more awake than those who's eyes are open when they are sleeping.

Thumbs up