2018-12-30 14:26:59

hi there! i wish to learn to code games with python, i am wondering should i learn python or pygame, and where to learn it, i presume pygame, but i'm not sure.
Thanks

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

2018-12-30 23:01:21

Hi.
Well you should first learn python if you haven't already, then you can start learning things like pygame and soundlib and things like that. When you have an understanding of python, then you can jump right into game development.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-12-31 00:11:58

where should i learn

2018-12-31 00:22:38

As pointed out by Guitarman, Python is the core of the language and has basic fundamental functions and tools for creating logic and actions, as such you should start with that. Pygame and its ilk are Libraries, which provide more functions for specific tasks, like creating a window, keyboard and mouse handling, playing sounds, physics, machine learning, etc.

I would suggest books like [Think Python], or [A Byte of Python] to get started. Then you could follow up with libraries like Pygame, Pyglet, and Tolk. Also, I have a number of OpenAL examples for working with advanced audio available in a repository [here], if your interested.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-12-31 00:45:53

Hi.
Yes books like think python are good, and they are free besides. You just need to grab a code editor, notepad2, notepad++, EdSharp, to name a few. Pick which ever one suits you. You could use visual studio too, but if you are only planning on learning python for now I wouldn't recommend doing that, visual studio has python support, but it's a lot to handle if you just want to do simple python programs.
Personally I would recommend EdSharp, it is very accessible and easy to use. It has support for python as well as a few other languages, and it tells you what indent level you are on when you do that. If you started at level one, your screen-reader will let you know that. EdSharp has built-in support for NVDA but if you are a JAWS user, it will install the EdSharp JAWS scripts for you during the install. Just google EdSharp, you will easily be able to find the developer's github page.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-12-31 13:07:34

thanks guys! you got me going on learning!i really like a bite of python