2018-12-24 04:33:40

hi,
the title says it all, but i will explain it more:
i have the ability to code, but i am so much, so that lazy that i won't even try to code even a really simple game like tic-tac-toe!.
why the hell this happened to me!. what the f**k i should do to fix this? this happens months and months, without me having any clew of what the f is the problem.
maybe one of you had this issue (i'm sure you had it, or you even have it!).
what is this problem!. lack of motivation, lazyness, what the hell is that!? and what you tell me to do to fix this?

2018-12-24 05:26:07

Hi. I have the same problem. For example, i have the ability to learn bgt, i eeven know more than basics and i could code, but i'm lazy, so much lazy that i won't code a single line. Idk what causes that but that's pritty dumb.

2018-12-24 06:14:12

I figured out a way to solve this for myself.  I could put together a simple piece of arduino code that would drive a stepper motor with a screw on the end.  This would be mounted to my big toe, so the screw would slowly drive itself under my toe nail and into the tip of the bone.  Of course the screw would not turn as long as I wrote a certain number of lines of code in the set amount of time.

Sadly I've been too lazy to build and code this motivational device.  tongue

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-12-24 09:08:19

the problem is, i have learned these basics so far, but now, i am lazy to code!.
my problem is not learning since i know how to implement things!.

2018-12-24 10:46:02

set a goal for yourself for example i'll code a program that lets me shutdown the computer, and i'll do it in today
and never leave your set things to tomorrow when the time cames do it, dont delay it
this thing doesnt apply  only for programming. as long as you work with a plan, you'lll do fine

2018-12-24 15:50:01

@3, ouch.

2018-12-24 18:24:07

auuuuuuuuu @Aprone.
That must fuuuucking hurt...

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2018-12-24 18:34:53

LOL well it would, but it hasn't been built or coded yet.  I now need to come up with a new idea that will stop me from being too lazy to build the toe screw machine... that will stop me from being too lazy to code other things.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-12-24 19:43:17

What usually happens to me during such periods is that I force myself to write a bit of code. Something that i had in my mind and thought it would be really cool and when I succeed, I get the motivation to work on it more and make it larger and larger. This happened to me a lot. I mean the time I forced myself to code was the time I was lazy as hell to code but had really cool ideas in my mind. So I better say you first have to find the idea of what you want to code, Play with it more in your mind and make it as cool as you want then proceed for coding that idea. You'll get the first motivation when you notiss you are coding your idea correctly, and you get that huge motivation when you see your code is working exactly as you want. The huge motivation causes more motivations for more coding and messing with your code.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-12-24 23:17:01

#3 made my day lmao

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2018-12-25 06:39:55

regarding what Aprone wants to implement, i have to say, instead of a arduino board, i should install a crankshaft on my finger in order to make it code what i have in my mind.
as for the other suggestions, they are totally good, except that i don't know about how should get rid of that lazyness.

2018-12-30 23:48:38

Hi.
Well maybe it's a subconscious thing. Maybe your not lazy, maybe your afraid of coding and failing. You could try not thinking too hard, just sit down and write some code. Even if it doesn't do anything, you still managed to get something done. Don't over think it, just relax.
@Aprone, that thing sounds like a great motivator! I think all coders could benefit from something like that lol!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-12-31 04:46:13

you might be right as well!.
lets say that, i want to write a simple game, when i think oops, it took for example more than a thousand lines of code, i say to myself, nope. don't do that.

2018-12-31 05:02:55

Visualstudio, you're more than invited to script a small card game!  big_smile  It will be fast and simple to do, and may even help get your coding juices flowing.
http://forum.audiogames.net/topic/26932 … by-aprone/

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-12-31 10:29:39

maybe i write with a tic-tac-toe (it is easy to code (i enjoy coding complex things while at the same time lazy for that), but it is good again to put my lazyness away)