2018-12-27 16:02:14

You can play a team offline battle from the rewards room for 6 gems. However, it will not be so useful for you right now until you unlock some cards.

2018-12-27 19:33:10

that sounds interesting. So it is still good to unlock cards? I am unlocking some actually, meaning that I defeated my opponents in some arenas and picked some cards of the type i defeated. Or do I have to unlock special cards? Would be cool if there are arenas in wich you can get to 100 Points. I unlocked the normal, the flying, the fighting and the gras type till yet.

2018-12-27 22:05:31

The best way to actually unlock cards is to play the grand council over and over, that's what I did. But I had to build a strong deck first. I picked a bug/dark deck, and virtually nothing stood against it. There are lots of other good ones though.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-12-27 23:00:34

I've used a combination of ice and normal for the most part to beat the grand councel, but sometimes there are opponents which aren't such a great match for that. I like the bug/dark suggestion. Those are both types whose cards I didn't use very much except when beating arenas in which using a pure deck of either one would be the best choice. As I've said before, I'm not very good at building decks.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-12-28 01:51:27

Oh, looks like I have still a far way to go to get to the grand council. I have unlocked the bug arena just yet. But it is fun to discover ever new enemies and card and arena types, some more challenging and some less challenging than others.

2018-12-28 03:35:13

Is it possible to switch the speech synthesizer between a screen reader and Sapi? Would be nice to have that in the options as well as changing speech rate, pitch and such in the game directly. And just a question out of interest: Are there even monster cards available, similar to the monster cards in Yu gi O for example? I saw just effect cards and weapon cards as well as a few magic cards till yet.

2018-12-28 19:09:16

Hey. We played with my friend, i was ghost and he was normal type. There are immunity cards in each for the other type. We played at least 80 turns, with just clicking on the attack card, and receiving the parry sound. In the end, we ended up with a draw, when we all had 5 immunity against the other cards in our hand. Can you please think a bit ower these parry cards? E.g. put a parry above the deck or something like that to avoid 80-100-hundreds of parry rounds without any action.

2018-12-28 20:34:29

My bug-dark deck does several things, Turtlepower.
There are a bunch of low to mid-level dark attacks for damage, including 4 Bloody Scratch, which is a weak attack that causes bleed. I picked stuff like Faint Attack, Bite and Crunch because they're all damage; also, Faint Attack can't miss, I don't think. I've got Enlarge Sore in order to do big damage and double the amount of blood in a person's hand. I have Midnight Ring in case I just want to jack up my stats to do bigger damage. And then there's the bug half. I have Injection of Pollen to turn you into a grass type, a bunch of Royal jelly and Honey Treatment to heal me, plus a bunch of attacks like Pin Missile, Poison Sting, Leech Life and, arguably most importantly, Bloody Meal. Nothing like doing huge damage to a bleeding foe and then getting your health right back. Once this gets set up it's very, very hard to stop unless an opponent has parries against blood cards, and even then, I can still do decent damage. A strong steel deck can counter this pretty hard.
There are obviously more levels of this, but that's the main thrust. I think I stuck Bloody Panic and the terror card in there too, so I can make you bleed a lot, then terrify you and do huge damage while you're scared.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-12-28 21:56:12

@Niklas I don't think there is but you can just
use Sapi with a screen reader.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-12-28 23:18:23 (edited by Niklas 2018-12-28 23:55:58)

Ah okay. And how can I get the game to use another speech engine other than my screen reader? BTW: If they aren't already there, it would be cool to have monster cards in the game as well. Would be a nice addition i imagine.

2018-12-29 01:06:28

Thanks Jade, that's very helpful.

No, you can't switch screen readers from within the game. However, I tested just now to see what would happen if you ran it without a screen reader active, and it does indeed use your computer's default Sappi voice. There is still no way to change that voice from within the game though.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-12-29 18:25:49

Hi all!
I'm posting just to say that I've unlocked the space world, and that I'm loving it! The funniest minigames so far. Keep up the great work.

2018-12-30 00:15:14

Hello. So first. nice game. and now my question. Please. how can I use these saved coins? I have 1500 coins now. and second, I hope that you can add better steps sounds, and more more worlds. hahaha.

2018-12-30 10:38:04

Hi
At Kratos: you can't use coins at this moment. They just represent your experience. We all hope that coins will mean something more in the future. Happy playing

2018-12-30 13:52:50

Hi, i have new idea. Sounds for not wery effective damage in battle, normal and wery effective damage.

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2018-12-30 19:10:56 (edited by Niklas 2018-12-30 19:12:55)

Oh yeah, sounds good. Maybe different hit sounds for you and the enemies would be funny as well, the sounds could differ depending on the opponent. But sounds when they got hit or hurt would be nice, like explosions or something wich breaks on machines, bloody sounds or little screams of pain for animals or humans.
Another idea would be verbal comments for the opponents and the bots, so the human types for example could taunt you or say funny things depending on how the game goes. That could be fun as well in team battles as well, online and offline likewise.

2018-12-30 20:52:11

That's honestly a lot of development time wasted on not so useful things. The only thing I think would be cool is an intro sound, nothing else. Pain sounds in a card battle would not work as each card has a different attack sound and it would need to fit together, moreover there are offensive cards which do not hit you.

2018-12-31 00:17:00

Lol why not just give the solo card battle mode a full story mode text!

Seriously though, I can get behind sounds for damage effectiveness. Since so much was borrowed from pokemon already I was surprised to not hear a super affective sound. Its not necessary, but would be nice to have.

2018-12-31 01:03:43

Does anyone think psychic type is too powerful?  It took my friend to make me notice the imbalance of power between it and other types, but when you look through it section and compare it to other types, you may begin to wonder.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2018-12-31 01:35:53

Hey, does anyone know where to get the most recent crazy party text strings? I'm thinking of finaly translating it to hungarian, i'm bored big_smile I'd be grateful if someone could tell, the english strings would be good, i don't know anything in french.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-12-31 02:27:55

Psychic is in fact, mostly quite weak. The only time it can be good is in low HP rounds. As for the strings, I recommend contacting Pragma in case he does not see your message in the topic.

2018-12-31 04:24:27 (edited by Chris 2018-12-31 04:26:19)

I wonder if it would be possible for Pragma to create a server application that would just sit there and wait for /host incoming connections? I've been thinking about getting a Linux VPS to host several central servers for games and would love to host a permanent Crazy Party server. It would make it easier for those who didn't know how to forward ports or configure VPNs to simply connect to a server and have fun.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-12-31 07:54:46

I wish the yugioh mud had a solo mode that let us collect cards over time and test our decks against bots like here on cp. That way players could familiarize themself with the game at their own pace and not have to rely on other players. As it is, though, there is a pretty steep learning curb for anyone with no prior hands on experience with duel monsters.

2018-12-31 13:45:14

Yes, I would definitely love to see a server app as well, but don't know if Pragma has it planned.

2019-01-01 03:44:12

I sent him a forum email. Let's see what he says.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.