2018-12-29 17:43:13 (edited by Muslima 2018-12-29 20:35:59)

Peace onto all of you,
and happy holidays!
If this topic does not follow the rules, please delete it.
It's my first topic and I will say from now, so that you all can read that the content I am posting is not mine and thus you don't have to contact me to express your opinions.
Here is the description of a program I am posting about.
The description is made by me, but I am not associated with any of the development of this software.

The goal of Ahmed Sattar’s projects is to see all your faces with a bright smile on them!
Name:
Media Extra
Description:
Media Extra gives you the ability to:
• To create videos from a sound file and photo.
•to download videos from Youtube into MP3.
•To download entire playlists in MP3
•To download entire channels in MP3
•To play the file directly from Media Extra.
•the ability to also download files from Soundcloud and other Websites.

Creating a video.
1. Open Media Extra.
2. Choose Create video.
3. Choose a file in the following formats:
•M4A,
•MP3 or
•WAF
4. You can choose the default photo of the app, or you can choose your own photo.
5. Choose a place to save your video.
Other abilities of the program are:
•The ability to see media name, duration and
media description.
•Sounds indicating the download progress.
•A signal indicating when the file is in conversion mote.
When copying a video and pressing play, media player will open. Here are the keys to control the media player.
Space: Pause/resume the playing of the file.
Up/down arrows volume up or down.
Left/right arrows will move you forward or back in the file.
Notes:
You can download the contents in their original video formats.
If you use Internet Download Manager it will download the media with Internet Download Manager.
If an article or post contains media from Youtube or another source, you do not need to copy the link, just copy the post link and it will find the link containing the media for you.
Media Extra will start in your default language, if your default language is not supported it will start in English.
Currently the program supports the following languages:
Arabic, Georgian, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
The files you download will be saved in Media Extra folder, which will be located in your downloads folder.
Thank you for choosing Media Extra!
Happy downloading!
. Feedback is highly appreciated.
Contact info is provided in the developer's website
http://softjewel.droppages.com

Thank you for reading this super long post.
To support me you can check out my Wattpad profile at:
http://wattpad.com/hijabi_muslima/
and follow me if you are a bookworm!

Beware! If you know me it will be mischief around. I want my peace, your peace and our happiness.
YES(Youth Exchange&study) alumni 2016-2017
Follow. ME.

2018-12-29 20:31:52

the dl link is dead.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2018-12-29 20:36:45

I fixed the link, Excuse me for the typo.

ammericandad2005 wrote:

the dl link is dead.

Beware! If you know me it will be mischief around. I want my peace, your peace and our happiness.
Follow. ME.

2018-12-29 20:37:37

I think he wrote the link wrong, you can get it from:
http://softjewel.droppages.com/

2018-12-29 22:37:33

this reminds me of blind extra, an nvda addon Trojan with remote access capabilities that was banned by nvda addon project community a few years ago.
feels to me that the developer is the same, as peaces of software that had been seen in the old website can be found in his new page.
read about the old addon and why It was banned in the link below
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/ … ra.en.html

:)

2018-12-29 22:46:53

Yes someone should scan this with a couple anti virus programs on a vm to make sure it's okay...
Or upload to virus total or something.

2018-12-29 22:51:36

I am using this app like few months. Didn't lived any troubles. But feel free to scan it via uploading to virustotal, I hope to hear the results. I cannot do it at the moment cause of my net.

2018-12-30 01:23:15

Hi.
I just ran the file through on virus total, here is what I have found, I am not totally sure what this all is, but I hope someone can clearr this up a bit.

SHA256:
5a93a71db3de552a968c9e673e657a919ff9e8c59a3d82b2e61ee8acfd5e6baf
File name:
MediaExtra-v4.0.exe
Detection ratio:
6 / 66
Analysis date:
2018-12-29 23:20:03 UTC ( 1 minute ago )

Antivirus
Result
Update
Antiy-AVL
Trojan[Backdoor]/MSIL.SpyGate
Avast
Win32:Malware-gen
AVG
Win32:Malware-gen
Cyren
W32/S-513ec574!Eldorado
F-Prot
W32/S-513ec574!Eldorado
Trapmine
malicious.high.ml.score

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-12-30 02:16:30

If it uses bgt that could fuck it all up too...

2018-12-30 04:14:38

Ran this through virus total, and 8 out of 66 virus scanners detected it as malicious -- two of them being AVG and AVAST. Those are huge names in the security community. This is most definitely a Trojan. It doesn't help that Ahmed Sattar, who is the actual author, continues to develop this malware like a fool and just hopes to god that people will fall for it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-30 08:30:10 (edited by Slender 2018-12-30 08:31:43)

Considering what this developer has done in the past, I will personally stay far away from his software for the foreseeable future. But hey, if this program's useful for someone, good for them.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2018-12-30 11:30:06

guys i run it and it don't have virus and my friend blindgamer is usin this program but it don't have virus really

Yours kindly

2018-12-30 12:04:48

I can not prove to you that it doesn't have viruses, but I can say that win defender and Norton didn't find it as a virus.
I run it with no problems, along with the other program, Get Extra if I am not mistaken.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-12-30 12:47:10

I couldn’t find any viruses either

2018-12-30 13:21:39

Peace onto you all.
First: I want to say about Avast and AVG.
these programs consider everything as virus, even my NVDA, and my Skype.
Second: Avast can't be removed with the usual uninstalling services.
Third: All AVG and Avast want, is, money.
Fourth: The droppages.com website is not included in the trusted sources of these programs. The programs, developed by this person are not included as well and the reason is that he is not associated with any company and develops them on his own. It considers Redspot and survive the wild for me as trojans too.
Now, let's not talk about viruses and whose software is the best, and how you should not use these services that are free.
And last, but not least,
I would like to say that just because the person si an independent small developer and makes software that we could use for free, doesn't mean he spreads viruses. I use all of the programs and I am quite happy with their work. I use them all and they are useful.

Stay happy and do not spread this negativity. Excuse me for the mistakes I have been distracted by my sister.

Follow. ME.

2018-12-30 13:54:03 (edited by blindgamer 2018-12-30 13:56:47)

Hello everyone.
First, i want to say, that Media extra, even getextra didn't changed or affected my system, though, lets talk about this virustotal and other related things!
Guys, Ahmed makes everything with his knowledge, so it didn't have any trusted certificate or trusted module included with it.
Every known developing companys eg Microsoft, Google and etc, have their own certificate to ensure the antiviruses, that their programms didn't include any peace of virus or other malware and spyware.
Please, don't trust the antiviruses lot of, cause they didn't have any method to decompile the programm, and see what's going on in the programm code, they just detects something unknown tipes of viruses, which is not really malware or something.
What about Bgt? Why the hell then windows defender and most popular: Awast, Avira, Avg detects the programms and games writed in Bgt as a virus and deletes it emediatelly? Cause they don't have any certificate and trusted module.
Believe me guys, the popular companys gives a money to remove their special certificates from the virus scanning, i have huge proofs of this, so, please stop guys saying any unknown things about ahmed and his soft.
How you can proof that it contains virus? Only with virustotal and some stupid antiviruses, which even detects skype installer as a jiooyaa win 32 ee.exe virus? big_smile
Stop, please!

2018-12-30 14:14:59

Agreed with blindgamer.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-12-30 15:05:45

thank you, gamer!
You explained it better than me. big_smile
Peace.
Ameena.

blindgamer wrote:

Hello everyone.
First, i want to say, that Media extra, even getextra didn't changed or affected my system, though, lets talk about this virustotal and other related things!
Guys, Ahmed makes everything with his knowledge, so it didn't have any trusted certificate or trusted module included with it.
Every known developing companys eg Microsoft, Google and etc, have their own certificate to ensure the antiviruses, that their programms didn't include any peace of virus or other malware and spyware.
Please, don't trust the antiviruses lot of, cause they didn't have any method to decompile the programm, and see what's going on in the programm code, they just detects something unknown tipes of viruses, which is not really malware or something.
What about Bgt? Why the hell then windows defender and most popular: Awast, Avira, Avg detects the programms and games writed in Bgt as a virus and deletes it emediatelly? Cause they don't have any certificate and trusted module.
Believe me guys, the popular companys gives a money to remove their special certificates from the virus scanning, i have huge proofs of this, so, please stop guys saying any unknown things about ahmed and his soft.
How you can proof that it contains virus? Only with virustotal and some stupid antiviruses, which even detects skype installer as a jiooyaa win 32 ee.exe virus? big_smile
Stop, please!

Follow. ME.

2018-12-30 15:06:36

thank you!
Peace.
Ameena.

burak wrote:

Agreed with blindgamer.

Follow. ME.

2018-12-30 15:10:33

May I ask what has this developer done in the past?
Did he destroy someone's computer?
I don't think so. I see you all happy and alive. And your negativity might hurt a person. words are a powerful thing and sometimes they speak louder than actions, so be careful what you're saying.
Peace.
ameena.

Slender wrote:

Considering what this developer has done in the past, I will personally stay far away from his software for the foreseeable future. But hey, if this program's useful for someone, good for them.

Follow. ME.

2018-12-30 15:12:28

Let me tell you, my dear friend that AVG an Avast detected my NVDA and Skype as virus, they deleted games like Redspot and Survive The Wild. So, what bout that?
Just because this is a developer who is on his own doesn't mean we have to attack. We don't know people's situations, and as far as I have used these programs I don't have any complain.
Peace.
Ameena.

Ethin wrote:

Ran this through virus total, and 8 out of 66 virus scanners detected it as malicious -- two of them being AVG and AVAST. Those are huge names in the security community. This is most definitely a Trojan. It doesn't help that Ahmed Sattar, who is the actual author, continues to develop this malware like a fool and just hopes to god that people will fall for it.

Follow. ME.

2018-12-30 18:13:53

Firstly, there is an edit button under each forum post, so no reason spamming this forum with 4 posts after each other which basically say the same thing over and over again.

And, if you would read the link someone posted a while back to the notation on the NVDA addons website, the get extra addon was used to hack someones computer to possibly steel data, if it has been done remains to be found out, but a developer who apparently uses his resurces to do these things is definitelly not someone I would trust.

Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-12-30 18:50:00

i can use this program very good and out of problems so.
and i agreed to blindgamer and muslimer this avast and others are really stupid antiviruses. They detecting viruses every time and in everything but then, it isn't virus.

Yours kindly

2018-12-30 19:43:44

I will agree with all the posts which were made after mine, if you are a single dev you can not get a certificate that easy like big companies do.
And I will agree with Simba, no need for 4 posts in a row just to quote everything, you could do that in a single one.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-12-30 20:46:19

About the certificates: that is a load of bull shit. It is, trust me. You do not need a "certificate" of any kind to make an antivirus determine "no, that's not a virus" or "yeah, that's a virus". Certificates for whether something is a virus or not is entirely irrelevant, because that is *not* how an antivirus program works. Please, go look up your facts on how antivirus programs actually work before claiming that a certificate is what determines whether something is malicious or not.
Second, AVG and AVAST do not "consider everything a virus". That's a load of bullshit, too. If I load Skype up on Virus total, guess how many engines detected it as a virus? Absolutely zero! If I upload NVDA up there, guess how many consider it a virus? Again, absolutely zero.
Third, to all of you claiming this isn't a virus? Prove it. why is it that, when I scanned the program on virus total, 8 engines found it as a virus -- most of them being well-known ones? Are any of you security experts who can prove, without a doubt, that this is not a virus? Do any of you have the source code to the application? Because the only way we'll definitively know that this isn't a virus is if either:
* the full source code is released, or
* The program is audited by a security professional and declared harmless

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github