2018-12-20 20:53:36

Hello

Things are going pretty good for myTrueSound, and we might have the need from February to increase the size of our team.

There are four main requirements and all of them are mandatory.
Good level of C#
Blindness or visually impairment
Living currently in Finland
Looking for a job.

If you fulfill them, or you know somebody, please, stay in touch or share.

Best regards
David

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2018-12-23 03:50:26 (edited by Ethin 2018-12-23 03:51:16)

Questions:
1. Why must we live in Finland? Why can't we do it remotely? If memory serves, every development environment out there supports remote teams.
2. What are the benefits to working with you instead of (say) a mega-corporation?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-25 11:47:04

Hi Ethin.
Thanks for your questions.

1. Why Finland?
Because we want to start helping the ones living close to us.
Because work becomes more effective when the programmer team works hand by hand.
Because we want to offer them the proximity of our team so they can really feel like being part of our family.
Because we want to learn also from him/her, and that works better when we can talk face to face and become friends.
Because it makes things easier.
Because Finnish Work Ministry might give us an economic support so the salary will be super competitive well over average.

2. Why us and not a mega-corporation?
I can't answer to that. I don't know what mega-corporation offers. As I said, we want the programmer to be blind, not because we think blind programmers are better, but because we believe that is the right thing to do. It is based on this company manifest third and forth articles "work offers and career opportunities will be offered whenever possible to blind and visually impaired", and "accessibility barriers for work integration will be never built".
This being said, we need the programmer to have kick-ass level. We will only contract the best possible. 

We hope community is happy to hear about our integration policies and about this work offer, even though only 0.001 % of blind programmers in the world might match the four requirements we set.

'best regards and have you all happy holidays
david

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference