2018-12-23 19:29:49 (edited by mr.brunete 2018-12-23 19:30:10)

Hi everyone,
a sighted friend gifted me this game for christmass, he think maybe it could be playable.
this is an indie 2d beatem up for pc available via steam, i've played it only for minutes but i managed to read the story very well with nvda's ocr, and fortunately it is in stereo.
it reminds me of odin sphere, but the areas are not circular, aparently you have screens, like odin sphere and muramasa.
one thing to keep in mind, this game is spoken in complete chinese, so, be ready to use the OCR if you don't know the language.
i haven't got enough time to play, so i don't have access to all of the skills or actions the character can do. but here are the controls i can use so far...
xbox360 controller.
a, jump, can double jump.
X, light attack, keep pressing it for a combo.
rb, dodge.
lb, block.

i'll continue playing to see if i discover how accessible it is.
oh!, one tip.. when you encounter the archers, don't try to kill them...
if anyone want to test it, lets share tips and tricks.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2018-12-23 21:32:11

I can't seem to OCR for some reason. When I do, it doesn't even show the correct window.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-12-24 07:12:33

sound interesting bruno, thanks for share it.

2018-12-24 18:58:27

Thanks for the tip, I just picked it up myself. Looks like fun, but haven't started actually playing yet.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-24 19:18:43

Need to reinstall steam but not even sure if it's still worth the hastle... and don't remember the right commands to log in.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-24 22:22:50

@assault: Just -login and your data and after that -no-dwrite

Well, tried the game and it is really fun. OCR reads totally everything, even the new moves to buy and their descriptions. There are platforming sections but I believe it's doable. BTW, for some reason there's just general volume settings, no music volume, sadface...

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-12-24 22:24:01 (edited by Lirin 2018-12-24 22:25:11)

BTW, remember, after defeating enemies wander around and press the interact button to collect souls. IIt is charging your HP and you need souls to buy new moves.
There are three weapons as far as I know but You will get it through the story.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2018-12-24 22:27:41

I do like the game so far, my only issue though is I can't tell if I actually set my interact button correctly to enter. lol
Also that first platforming part where you're supposed to get to the roof, I can't find the way up.

2018-12-24 23:34:08

Anyone managed to get past the archers? I can't seem to get there... and keep dying no matter where I try to go.

2018-12-25 03:52:09

I wonder why I can't properly OCR. Really disappointing as I'd love to play this game. It seems to work for some games and other games it ignores. I have no idea what's happening lolz.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-12-25 04:18:25

@Death, it could be something with your screen resoulution, lack of latest drivers etc.

@Assault. I can do the first partwhere you need to go left and dodge the arrows and kill the guy at the end but after that? Well, I am stuck but I;ll figure it out soon!
Basically when you're dodging the arrows and hear the guy saying something just kill him and you will launch the scene.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2018-12-25 07:03:49 (edited by assault_freak 2021-05-06 19:50:34)

Not sure which part you're talking about. I got past that part. When your sister tells you to run and not look back, she means it. Just keep going and you will start the main story.

2018-12-25 15:26:51

I still can't pass that first bit where you're supposed to get to the roof... from a playthrough I'm looking at it seems like  it's just a double jump or two, but I can't find it. lol This is making me feel kinda pathetic.

2018-12-25 17:22:57

Yes, use double jumps there, first one to get to the platform you will notice that as the footsteps will change but keep in mind the platform is tight. From there run left and double jump to the roof.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2018-12-25 18:11:58

I just question where the platform is to begin with, lol I can't seem to actually get to it, and I've tried jumping all over that screen. Unless I'm basically jumping right over it every single time, or jumping from right underneath it and out past it on the way up.

2018-12-25 20:12:19

Yeah, probably. Keep in mind when you're close to it even if you will hear footsteps You're standing there so you can jump. That is great as you can hear the screens in stereo so you know where you are exactly.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2018-12-25 20:14:57

Is it just on the left edge of the map? lol It just... isn't working over here.

2018-12-25 22:19:42

I believe it is somewhere in the middle. You can jump there from both sides.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2018-12-26 00:47:05

Still having no luck. lol I get the feeling whenever I figure this out I'm gonna kick myself.

2018-12-26 01:46:49

Haha, I know what you feel exactly! lol

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2018-12-26 02:38:35 (edited by alisson 2018-12-26 02:38:49)

anyone knows what is the interaction button on pc keyboard?

Sorry for my english

2018-12-26 03:43:01

I think it's L but I am not sure. I am playing on gamepad.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2018-12-26 06:58:17

i managed to defeat the first real boss of the game, and i got a soul sliver, think of it as an hyper attack, really cool.
i bought sunstrike, rejuvenation and... don't remember the name now, frosty edge or something like that. you deflect projectiles and do more damage to enemies.
remember that triangle deflects projectiles...
for those who are having problems with the archers, just run, don't try fighting...
use rb or r1 to dodge as you walk left, then kill the enemy. after that, a voice will say that you can't leave here alive, then you must resume your escaping route. go left, dodge, jump, don't kill any enemies, just jump and dodge and you will complete the level.
lastly, use r2 or rt to heal yourself, you will hear a little bell like sound when you've healed yourself.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2018-12-26 07:45:32

I haven't gotten there yet, I only gotten to the point where she's in the city and has asked to see the comander. I can't figure out how to proceed from there. Also, when collecting soul slivers using the circle / b buton, is there a sound to let you know once you've collected them? I also haven't igured out the buying screen for things, so would appreciate any pointers there. I think I bought something the very first time, but am not sure.

2018-12-26 07:58:20 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-12-26 09:04:41)

I was under the impression that collecting souls was done automatically after you defeated enemies? I figured that's what those little tink tink sounds were... they're quiet but they're there every time you kill something. Don't have to press a button for it.
Still can't seem to find that platform... lol would anyone happen to have any specific tips on where it actually is, how many steps, jump direction? I really want to play the rest of this game, but I seem to be stuck here.
Thanks.
Edit: Managed to get some help on this one, I'm past it in my main save... although now it's bothering me. lol
Incidentally, I found out that you can in fact have multiple saves just now. If you select start, then move all thee way to the right and select that option, there'll be two choices. The top one, creates a new save which will now be the very leftmost save file. The second one I am unsure about, I couldn't OCR that specific screen for... whatever reason.