2018-12-16 21:42:43

hmm, @24: I can try to put together a 32-bit uefi bootable version for pre-2008 macs. Alternatively, if you have either another DVD or flash drive, I can try to put together a bootstrap image that has just enough brains to bootstrap the standard jenux version. After selecting install android, you get a choice of android 7.1, 8.1, or 9.0, all with talkback enabled out of the box to install, along with a talking recovery environment.

2018-12-16 21:45:06

Also, time permitting, I can attempt to assist you with the installation process. If you remove the x's, you can contact me through email or google hangouts at [email protected]

2018-12-16 21:57:55

I have a few USB flash drives I can use, so it would be great if you could make a 32 bit UEFI version. Ideally, I'd like to use a flash drive instead of a DVD. I think that was one of my last blank DVD R disks.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-12-17 00:23:24

just my comment if you are gonna do a reply that'll make this a flame war please press h.

how do i know that they aren't gonna hack my computer after i install it? since most of the files i've got from there were not, good stuff, so i guess this has something in it too.

2018-12-17 00:35:41 (edited by hacker 2018-12-17 00:53:05)

Hi, In response to your comment, the iso can be inspected using any linux distribution with squashfs-tools and the ability to read ext4 filesystems. The scripts that are responsible for the installation are /usr/bin/androidbuild, /usr/bin/autobuild, /usr/bin/automenu, /usr/bin/pibuild, and /usr/bin/winreset. The data used to do the installations can be inspected and cloned if desired at https://nashcentral.duckdns.org:8100/autobuildres. The installer is simply a shell script. Which of my projects have you gotten "not good stuff" from? If so, please let me know and I will do my best to investigate. To the best of my knowledge, none of my or JenniOS' software contain malware or other undesirable features. Although my access to JenniOS systems are limited, I will do my best to investigate, in cooperation  with those who are responsible for those systems, any possible reports of malware, hacking, or other issues that may negatively effect users of our systems, services, or software.

2018-12-17 05:06:33 (edited by Ethin 2018-12-17 05:07:13)

I am quite curious exactly how this system is the "next-gen". "Next-gen" what? The next-gen Linux distribution? I think not. (Especially with distributions like Elementary OS taking the rains these days.) "Next-gen" arch? Again, I think not; you could (with some work) create a duplicate of the installed system with a manually installed arch Linux system. So, my questions, before I actually put this to the test in a virtual machine:
* Do the scripts take into account error conditions and do appropriate error handling, so we don't have rogue shell scripts?
* What makes this better than either the factory default Talking Arch ISO or a custom-built one?
* What, exactly, is "next gen"?
* Is this ISO equipped for duel-, triple-, and so on booting?
The reason I have asked these questions is because I have had bad experiences with ISOs from nash central, and would like to ensure that the system runs all commands correctly with appropriate flags passed on the command line, and generates no errors of any kind (as best as we know). If your answer to the last question is 'no' or anything in the negative, then I'd advise you to set the ISO up for such a scenario, because your going to get a lot of those scenarios.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-17 06:25:33 (edited by queenslight 2018-12-17 06:49:51)

@30

The' next jen' if you haven't read the wording, is a play on words, referring to the .Ova file I shared and not the iso for  now, til software is updated inside he iso image  itself.
In otherwords, 'jeneration', with a 'j' at the beginning.

2018-12-17 18:41:26

Is this by chance related to the Accessible Cocanut blind Linux Distro. It also had sound RTS and a bunch of other things like Word Web, a PC braille keyboard system kind of like NVDA, and a lot more things that I don't remember.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-12-17 19:54:11 (edited by queenslight 2018-12-17 19:55:32)

@33

Nope? jenux and jennios.com , have  "nO AFFILIATION" with the Accessible Coconut distro,created by "Cocofrix."

2018-12-17 20:28:20

Coconut is okay, but it's based on Ubuntu. Honestly, Fedora or ArchLinux is the way to go. And if you're gonna do arch, might as well use Jenux, because of all the awesome stuff it comes with, right out of the box.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2018-12-18 14:09:01

Hi. I am trying to start the virtual machine. It says that there was an error opening a session for the virtual machine. Please help?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-12-18 14:13:32

Hi, can i use it as a virtual machine with vmware?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-12-18 16:05:25

@36 and @37

As stated in post 1, make sure to grab and install the Virtualbox Extension Pack, prior to running the machine otherwise it will not start.

Also, the VM in question was not designned for VMWare. Only time will tell if an official .OVA file will be designned for VMWare Work Station products.

2018-12-18 16:16:54

Oh, thanks

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-12-18 17:19:15

There's no reason not to design it for VMware, given that VMware products are, ahem, a bit more accessible than virtualbox.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-18 17:30:28

Hi. I have the virtual machine installed. It starts up correctly and I can log in. After that, the screen reader will enable. Then there is no speech and I am not sure what to do. Please help?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-12-18 18:34:33

Hi. I have problems with launching. When i launched jenux os with virtual box, i have this error:
AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS (or by the host OS) (VERR_SVM_DISABLED).

error code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

What i need to do to get it to work?

2018-12-19 05:20:10

@42, that means that your virtualization instructions in your processor isn't enabled. You'll have to edit your firmware settings to modify that.

My Github

2018-12-20 13:06:01

So at its core, this is, when you strip everything away, an Arch respin?

Let's see. Does this have working install scripts?

Is there a list of packages that I could use to, oh, I don't know, strip away the fat and get it running on an already set up Arch system?

Lastly, What's with the single or double figure DL rates? I can pull 800-900 kb/s on a DL from other sites since I switched connections. This....is more like 15-20 kb/s maxed out. What's with that, exactly? I'm a little concerned by such a slow DL rate, and it's not just Jenux's stuff, I've had extremely slow DL speeds from them in the past even up till writing this post

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-12-21 15:21:01

Guys, I am getting a rastbery pi, along with accesories like an 32 gig sd and a small keyboard.
Is it worth to install this system on my model 3 B?
And, can I keep a small site on it by using this system?
I am asking because I want to use this as a ful portable linux box.
And, the card inside it comes with NeOBS or what ever it is called. How can I clone that image and put this on the card for installing it?
Note, I can not get an ethernet connection working because of my router, so yeah.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-12-21 21:09:13

Yes it is. You can use this image with the autobuild system in the Jenux ISO, select install image to Raspberry Pi, and go from there. I, personally, have never done this, but it should be doable. (Contact Daniel Nash for more info on the Pi.)

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2018-12-22 00:21:50

Jace asked the same questions I did, and they still haven't been answered. As a result I am starting to distrust the validity or veracity of the "success stories" that have bee posted on here, as well as the validity and veracity of the ISO itself. At least with Talking Arch, you have the core arch system and can do with it what you like, whereas this is pretty much just an arch respin with not much of an advantage and a shady history.

My Github

2018-12-22 02:50:13

Hi, at post 43, this is indeed an arch respin. The iso is created using a modified version of the talking arch iso creation process. To get a list of installed packages, run the following: pacman -Qn|cut -f 1 -d \
As for the download speed, keep in mind that your location, connection quality and my server load, among other factors contribute to download speed. Since I do not have vmware installed, I did not create the appliance using vmware. Since an OVA file is simply a tar archive, feel free to extract the vmdk and create a fresh vm in vmware, using the virtual disk from the ova as your hard disk. Alternatively, feel free to use the iso to run a fresh install under vmware. At post 45 and everyone who is concerned, your paranoia gives me hope that this world isn't as technically illiterate as it seems.:) As I mentioned a few posts ago, feel free to examine the content of the iso and scripts to validate that they are not doing anything malicious. Also, under the autobuild/linux directory, the packages that are installed for each software preset are in the pkg files. To verify that these are what is shipped in the image, you can run
curl -O https://nashcentral.duckdns.org:8100/au … g.mate;sed -i s/'pacstrap \/mnt '/'pacman --print-format %n -Sp '/g pkg.mate;pacman -Qn|cut -f 1 -d \ >mypkgs;./pkg.mate> srvpkgs;diff mypkgs srvpkgs
The lines with a < in front are the packages that you have installed that are not part of the script on the server, while the ones with > in front are the ones that are on the server, but not on your system. Also, keep in mind that if you are feeling extra paranoid, run tcpdump, wireshark, or whatever sniffer you like on the image and iso during install or normal operation.

2018-12-22 02:56:43

at post 41, RTT entertainment: Once you hear screen reader on, hit control alt d to get to the desktop. Afterwards, you can hit alt f1 to get to the menu bar, which contains, from left to right, applications, places, and system menus. Once you bring up the menus, up and down move between categories like accessories, games, office, internet, and so on, while right expands a menu. Also, the keyboard shortcuts properties dialog located under system>preferences>hardware>keyboard shortcuts will give you a rundown on which shortcuts you can use, allowing you to customize them to your liking.

2018-12-22 03:58:56

The link for the image found at https://nashcentral.duckdns.org:8100/au … oot.tar.gz doesn't work. I'm also considering a Raspberry Pi purchase and would like to start out by trying an accessible GUI with speech enabled. When I download this, do I extract the file and write the image to a card using win flash tool?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.