2018-04-13 05:45:51

Hello guys. I've been trying to beat Adventure at C:, several years after I first played it. I'm having difficulties, but I'd like to try out the stage builder. Would anyone mind uploading their save files?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2018-04-13 11:31:17

Hi,
I don't have a save file, but I kind of have a slight thought process at the moment, it's a bit long winded but there's two points, ideas separated by headings.
Maybe call me too modern, but I actually am starting to have two minds about the whole stage builder unlocking thing.
I wonder if

idea 1: change accomplishments feature: still promoted discovery

In view accomplishments could Aaron add a thing that lets you press a key to cycle between locked and unlocked. That way people have goals to strive for all the time, and Microsoft already does this on their games, even the upcoming Brain Station does this. Cyclepath as well. Thing is when you currently unlock something it doesn't tell you if it's stage builder related or not.
This will allow people to discover things and come up with ideas on what to do next to achieve their next unlockable.

Idea 2: have more unlocked from the start: less discovery, but maybe more stages might get created

I'm wondering if, once the game is beaten, stuff like custom viruses should be unlocked from the start, because stuff like difficulty mod wasn't necessarily a thing I'd think about.

conclusion

The more I think about it, I think the first idea would be awesome because it promotes discovery and always gives people a goal to strive for, because the second idea might not make people play as much and discover as much.
edit: is there possibly a better way to separate out these ideas apart from headings, as I know people use headings to jump from post to post on the forum, including me, haha.

2018-04-13 11:50:42

Check this save file out. It is mine but not actually sure how much complete it is, but as far as I remember it does have the whole game completed. If not let me know and if nobody else sends their saves, I will just complete the game as I thought of replaying it anyways: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nb9xtzntxbzd … 1.sav?dl=1

2018-04-14 19:01:38

Hi all. wear poot the save file to this game. cant remember.

new Russian company "xgames"! This company makes the Russian games and translates it into English! Require programmers! if you want to join, please contact us by email "[email protected]

2018-04-14 20:52:00

IN program data/VG storm/ Adventure at c:

2018-04-15 01:15:32

This isn't mine but I had it anyways. Enjoy.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=726 … 4287378394

When you get it, go into your programdata folder by typing C:\programdata or something like that in the run box accessable with wwin r. Anyways, enjoy.

By the way: Let me know if this isn't the right one, because I had 2 of the same, one debugged one. lol.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2018-04-15 03:07:29

Thanks Brandon, will check it out later. Never had any luck with aac, and i’m sure the stage builder will be fun to mess with.

2018-04-20 09:51:18 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-04-20 09:58:24)

uh... i cannot find the existing files I had in the program data directory. you sure they are there?

edit: its in a weird! location. had it not been for my back up software it would have been impossible to find it.
C:document and settings:current user/local/virtual store / program data

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-04-21 13:34:12

@audiogame, that was the one that was marked as cheeter. LOL. I couldn't do anything With it. Roflflflfl

2018-12-19 02:34:32

Hi.
@audiogame or anyone else, mind re uploading that file? I sort of meant to get it back in april but forgot due to being on holliday then and life and all that.
Btw, does anyone know the password to the debug menu? Kind of curious what that does.

2018-12-19 08:03:38

here is my save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uBVHv_ … sp=sharing

2018-12-20 20:47:41

So i guess i should just do my homework before posting. Lol. I managed to find a save file by someone called haily. I’m still curious how in the flying fuck they managed to basicly pown everything in the game like that, but heh. Not like i’m complaining or anything.

2018-12-20 21:07:43

Debug isn't something you want to ever do.
It lets you do things like unlock all stages and generate lots of bits, things like that.
But it also makes you a cheater and makes the game unplayable.
You can't use the stage builder, the shop, or really anything else because you're so rood and disrespectfull to the developer and other players that do things the right way by cheating that the game basically locks you down and you can't ever undo it unless you restart your entire save file.
I know it does this because I used it to test an exploit a while back.
Later!

2018-12-20 22:13:24

Thanks for the info @threeblacknoises. Guess i won’t be trying that one after all. Haha. I mean i might, but on a clean save just for the lols. Right now the only thing that’s stopping me from doing it properly are those stupid platforming pits, god i hate having a practicly dead right ear.