2018-07-25 02:30:59 (edited by magurp244 2023-03-07 18:47:37)

As covered by [Arstechnica]:

T'is the season for rockets, both SpaceX and ArianeSpace are both going to be launching tormorrow on Wednesday, approximately 10 to 11 hours as of this post, with SpaceX's scheduled liftoff just 15 minutes after the Ariane 5's.

ArianeSpace will be launching from Kourou in French Guiana, over the Atlantic Ocean and will be sending four Galileo satellites into medium Earth orbit for the European Commision.

SpaceX is launching from Vandenberg Air Force Base in southern California and deploying 10 Iridium NEXT satellites, in addition to yet another Block 5 landing they've redeployed the droneship Mr. Steven with a newly equipped larger net, and will attempt to catch one half of the rockets payload fairing.

You can watch the ArianeSpace livestream [here], and the SpaceX livestream [here].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-08-06 23:12:33

Considering these are happening increasingly often, I think i'm just going to post updates in a single thread from now on, heh.

As reported by [ArsTechnica]:

SpaceX is going to be launching their first used Falcon 9 Block 5 rocket from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, which will be carrying the Merah Putih satelite in 8 hours as of this post. You can watch the livestream of the event [here].

2018-08-08 09:37:44

wow got surprise by the name, then I realize that's for my country lol , the merah putih that is

2018-10-08 00:01:46

As reported by [arstechnica]:

SpaceX is scheduled to launch a previously flown Block 5 Falcon 9 from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, carrying the SAOCOM 1A satellite for Argentina’s Space Agency. This will also be the first time the booster will land at their newly completed Landing Zone 4 along the West Coast of California.

The launch begins 4 hours as of this post, you can watch the live stream [here].

2018-11-15 02:35:02

As reported by [spaceflightnow]:

SpaceX will be launching the Es'hail 2 communications satellite with a booster that was previously used for the Tellstar 19 VANTAGE satellite on July 22. This latest launch will be from Kennedy Space Center with a scheduled landing on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You".

The live webcast will begin 20 hours as of this post, which you can watch [here].

2018-12-02 00:31:07 (edited by magurp244 2018-12-02 12:02:12)

As reported by [wired]:

This SpaceX launch will be the first Block 5 booster launched for the third time, and will be the second largest payload with over 64 satelites from over 16 different countries deployed in orbit at once (the largest was 104 last year onboard a PSLV from India). The SSO-A rideshare mission will be launching from Vandenburg Air Force Base in California, approximately 20 hours as of this post.

You can watch the live webcast [here].

Edit: It seems the launch has suffered yet more delays, the launch is set for 32 hours from now, Dec. 3rd.

2018-12-04 01:10:15 (edited by magurp244 2018-12-05 09:12:39)

Its turning into a busy few days for SpaceX. Following the successful Rideshare Mission and 3rd successive flight of the Block 5, another launch is scheduled for the CRS-16 Dragon resupply mission to the ISS tomorrow. The rocket will launch from Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, 19 hours as of this post. In case of a delay the backup launch window is set for Dec. 5, roughly half an hour earlier.

2018-12-18 08:48:08 (edited by magurp244 2018-12-22 03:06:11)

As reported by [Arstechnica]:

After the [unexpected malfunction] and quasi successful landing of the CRS-16, SpaceX is doing its final launch of the year with the GPS 3 military satellite from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. This mission will use a new Falcon 9 core, and due to mission requirements will not be attempting a landing.

The web cast will start 7 hours as of this post, which you can watch [here].

edit: Due to some propellant temperature issues, the GPS 3 launch has been pushed back to the 19th, 6 hours as of this post. You can watch the new webcast [here].

2018-12-22 03:08:02

After yet another delay for the GPS 3 SV01 Launch, the next launch window has been set for the 22nd, 12 hours as of this post.

You can watch the webcast [here].

2018-12-22 13:33:53

I'm assuming they'll place microphones near the rockets so you can hear the external point of view.
Also, I heard that the Dream Chaser is under development, which is a much smaller version of the Space Shuttle.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2018-12-25 04:36:53

There are microphones some distance away that pick up the sounds of the rocket launching, although for obvious reasons they can't put them too close. The launch had been pushed back yet again to the 23rd, ugh. Everything went relatively smoothly finally, for anyone that happened to miss it you can catch the replay [here].

The good news is that the crew test flights for SpaceX's Dragon Capsule is scheduled for January 2019, with Blue Origin not far behind, along with two Falcon Heavy launches tentatively scheduled for March and April. The new years going to have some interesting stuff to look forward too, heh.

I've not heard much of the Dream Chaser mini-shuttle, although it seems their moving into production with a rough launch in two years aboard an Altas 5. Be pretty interesting to see how it works out.

2019-01-11 03:20:11

As reported by [arstechnica]:

The first flight of the year is another batch of Iridium constellation satellites, which will be launching ftom Vandenberg Air Force Base and attempting a landing on the drone ship Just Read the Instructions. There's currently a 60% chance of favorable weather, with a back up window on saturday in case of a cancellation.

You can watch the webcast [here], which starts 14 hours as of this post.

2019-03-01 04:54:33

As reported by [gizmodo]:

The time is nigh! Grab your popcorn and strap in, because SpaceX is going to do their first test flight of the Crew Dragon Module this Saturday, March 2nd at 2:00am ET. The module is scheduled to autonomously rendezvous and dock with the ISS the following day, with a return on March 8th from orbit to splash down in the Atlantic Ocean. In the event that the launch doesn't go to plan, there are back up windows scheduled for March 5th and March 9th.

You can watch the live webcast [here], which starts in 28 hours as of this post.

2019-03-03 05:18:31

For those who missed it, the Falcon 9 launch was a smooth success, launching the Crew Dragon Module on its way to rendezvious with the International Space Station. Onboard was a test dummy Named Ripley, after Signorney Weavers iconic character from the film Aliens, wearing one of SpaceX's flight suits to test the effects of the launch on potential astronauts. Along for the ride was a "Zero gravity Detection Device", a earth plush toy in the adjacent seat.

Coverage of the Crew Dragon Module docking with the ISS is scheduled for March 3rd at 3:30 am EST, which you can watch [here], it seems to direct towards the previous launch, but I can only assume they'll update it when its close to docking.

Alternatively you can check out the mission stats on [reddit] or try catching the coverage on NASA TV [here] at the same scheduled time.

2019-03-03 22:21:35

I'll be interested for the Freon results. Rocket report is pretty cool!

2019-03-03 23:16:31

From what i've heard the astronauts went back into the Crew Dragon capsule after doing their initial tests without their protective masks, so I think the Freon's levels are likely going to check out, though we'll see when the final results drop, not to mention the decoupling and reentry in a few days. SpaceX seemed to defer to NASA TV for the live docking coverage, along with the follow up astronaut tests inside the Dragon Capsule, selfies and touring, etc. If anyones interested you can watch it all [here].

2019-03-08 01:24:09

As reported by [Space.com]:

After spending a week hob-knobing with the ISS Crew, the Dragon Capsules set to bit a fond farewell, the hatch is closed and undocking will take place Friday March 8th starting approximately 2:00 am EST, with coverage of detaching to reenter the earths atmosphere starting at 7:30 am EST. These events will be covered by NASA TV which you can watch [here], no word on whether SpaceX will feature their own broadcast.

2019-03-08 03:17:53

If you find any unusual machine sounds, feel free to put them in my space ship sounds thread. I'm especially curious about the undocking, the reentry and landing from the inside.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2019-03-09 01:14:07

aww I missed it darnit! didn't se this til just now dammit.

2019-03-09 02:17:46

Everything went perfectly, but don't worry there's also plenty of replays around, such as [here] for instance.

2019-04-09 22:35:38 (edited by magurp244 2019-04-09 22:45:58)

News has been a rumbling of the much anticipated second Falcon Heavy launch, and the moment is upon us with the Arabsat-6A satellite. There's an 80% probability of favorable weather conditions tomorrow at Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center in Florida, with the window open between 6:35pm EDT to 8:32pm EDT. In the event of a scrub a backup window is set for Thursday, April 11 at 6:35pm EDT to 8:31pm EDT, with satellite deployment 34 minutes after liftoff. The two booster cores are set to attempt touchdown at Landing Zones 1 and 2 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, whilst the Falcon Heavy Core will attempt a landing on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" in the Atlantic Ocean.

The live webcast is set to start within 26 hours of this post, which you can watch [here].

2019-05-03 02:40:06 (edited by magurp244 2019-05-03 02:48:00)

Quite abit of news lately with spacex, from the [explosion] of the Dragon Crew Capsule during an engine test resulting in a possible crewed flight delay, to the [tragic loss] of the center core of the Falcon Heavy after its amazing success sticking the landing due to rough sea's.

Coming up in 6 hours as of this post is the scheduled launch of a dragon CRS-17 resupply launch to the ISS, set to lift off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, where it will then dock with the station on May 5th. In the event there's a launch delay there's a backup window on May 4th at 2:48 am EDT, or 6:48 UTC.

2019-05-15 23:50:17

Coming up within 4 hours as of this post is SpaceX's constellation launch of 60 satellites for its orbital internet network. The launch window runs from 10:30 pm EDT to 12: am EDT may 16th, with a backup window on May 16th to 17th at the same times. Landing of the booster will be attempted on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" in the Atlantic Ocean.

You an watch the live webcast [here].

2019-05-23 12:09:05

The Starlink launch of the first 60 internet sattelites last week was sadly a double scrub, but the new launch window has now been announced. Its set for May 23rd, 10:30pm EDT, to May 24th, 12:00am EDT, with a backup window on Friday at the same times from 10:30pm EDT to 12:00am EDT saturday.

The launch is set to take place in 16 hours as of this post, which you can watch live [here].

2019-06-12 09:40:39

SpaceX is set to launch another batch with Canada's new generation of Earth observation satellites from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. The Falcon 9 is set to make a return trip back to Landing Zone 4 at the Air Force Base to attempt a landing. Lauch window opens at 7:17 am, PDT to 7:30 am PDT, with a backup window Thursday, June 13th at 7:17 am PDT to 7:30 am PDT.

You can watch the webcast [here], which is set to start in 6 hours as of this post.