2018-12-16 02:38:16

Hi.
I'm curious to know if people still jailbreak their IOS devices. I'd like to do that again, mainly so I can change my sounds and stuff like that. If people still do that, can you send me a guide on how to JB IOS 12? Last I checked, the programs you need to use are inaccessible. Also sorry my typing isn't as good today, I'm a bit distracted.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2018-12-16 03:59:51

Hi.
As far as I know, iOS 12 isn't jailbreakable yet, but there have been some promising advances in the last few weeks.

When I jailbroke my iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 11.4 Beta 3, the first step was to sideload the ipa using Cydia Impactor.
After that, at least on Electra, I had to turn on airplane mode, disable Siri, and a bunch of other crap to make it work properly. Even then, it had a decent chance of failing. It took me multiple tries to jailbreak successfully.

As for the Electra app itself, VoiceOver has no trouble reading everything on the screen. Cydia Impactor is accessible on Windows. I also used it with no problems on a VM of High Sierra.

There's apparently a project in development known as JailbreakMe Unified that would allow jailbreaking from a website in Safari. It should support iOS 4 through 12.0.1. If that falls through, the iOS 12 jailbreak may be similar to Electra and the like, but that's just speculation.
I say that because jailbreak apps like Electra have been the status quo since iOS 10.

2018-12-16 11:08:49 (edited by Dan Gero 2018-12-16 11:10:17)

I was actually able to jailbreak my IPhone successfully. However, it seems like a lot of the repos that existed before like hack your IPhone or insane i don't exist. I also tried to install IFile, but it gave me this error during the installation process:
Complete
Done : iFile
Running Debian Packager
Selecting previously unselected package
Repo.biteyourapple.net.iFile
Reading database ... 3276 files and directories currently installed)
Preparing to unpack
.../repo.biteyourapple.net/iFile_2.8c_iphoneos-arm.iFile ...
Checking device compatibility iFile
Unpacking repo.biteyourapple.net.iFile (2.8c)
Preparing iFile (iphoneos-arm)
Unpacking iFile (iphoneos-arm)
Preparing to configure iFile (iphoneos-arm)
Running Debian Packager
close_round_fillSetting up repo.biteyourapple.net.iFile.2.8c
Failed in buffer_write(fd) (8, ret=-1)
Sub-process /usr/liexec/cydia/cydo returned an error code (1)
I tried to use Cydia Impacter to side load the app onto the phone, but I can't figure that program out. A guide told me that it'll detect your IPhone when it opens while it's plugged in, but it didn't.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2018-12-16 15:33:25

hi
nooooooooo
ifile is really old, last update for it is to   support ios8
careful before installing any tweak , because if you install something that is not   compatible with your ios version, it may cause bootloop and you will be stuck on the apple logo and you don't want that
and wow how did you jailbreak on ios12?

2018-12-16 15:34:26 (edited by mazen 2018-12-16 15:37:41)

you can install filza
and hackyouriphone still  available and its updated
not sure about biteyourapple though
insanaly is gone

2018-12-16 22:09:45

I tried to connect to hack your iPhone, but it wouldn’t let me. Also, I installed that Filza  App that you mentioned, but it gave me an error message.
Cannot connect to api.tweakboxapp.com
I’m going to restart and see if that fixes the problem.

--------------------

2018-12-16 22:15:43

Restarting did nothing. It took a little longer for the error message to show up, but it still showed up.

--------------------

2018-12-16 22:45:38 (edited by mazen 2018-12-16 22:46:18)

install it from
repo.xarold.com

2018-12-16 23:36:03

I wonder if, by chance, the jail break for iOS 12 does not function correctly at this time. Either that, or it doesn’t work with 12.0 and you have to update to 12.1.  Either way:
The indicated repository could not be found. This could be because you are trying to add a legacy Installer repository (these are not supported). Also, this interface is only capable of working with exact repository URLs.

--------------------

2018-12-17 02:25:16

Shotgunshell, what did you use to jailbreak? As far as I know, the latest version of iOS supported by any public jailbreak is 11.4 Beta 3.

2018-12-17 14:07:20

I used to Z jail break.  Not exactly sure how good it is, at least to other people, but for me it doesn’t work very well.

--------------------

2018-12-17 20:48:35

Everything I've seen says zJailbreak is fake. In my opinion, your best bet would be to unjailbreak and wait for an official release.

2018-12-17 22:12:30

There is currently no jailbreak for iOS 12

Pics or it didn’t happen

2018-12-22 13:46:33

What does sideload mean, and why does it use weird terms like that?
Last time I remember using Absince or Evasi0n. That is way back when I had an iPod touch, so I wonder how Jailbreaking would work. Also, I never understood the difference between tethered and untethered jailbreaking.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2018-12-23 03:51:33

Hi.
Sideloading just means getting an app on your phone without going through the official app store. Cydia Impactor is one way to sideload apps onto an iOS device. All you have to do is open it up, select the file to sideload, enter your Apple credentials, and off you go. There are four types of jailbreaks for iOS devices.

Tethered jailbreaks are the least desirable because they require you to have access to the jailbreak tool on a computer every time you want to reboot your device. If you're out and about with no access to a computer and your device reboots or shuts down, you're simply out of luck.

Semi-tethered jailbreaks are similar to tethered jailbreaks, but your device will still be able to boot to the non-jailbroken state. However, you still have to use a computer to re-jailbreak.

Semi-untethered jailbreaks boot to the non-jailbroken state just like semi-tethered jailbreaks. However, they don't require a computer to re-jailbreak. A sideloaded app is usually used for this purpose instead. Most jailbreaks that have come out in the last couple years have been semi-untethered.

Untethered jailbreaks are the most desirable because once you're jailbroken, you are set. Every time you boot your device, it automatically boots into the jailbroken state without you having to do anything. Jailbreaks like Absinthe and Evasi0n are untethered, but iOS 9.1 is the latest version with an untethered jailbreak available.

2018-12-23 18:27:38 (edited by Jeffb 2018-12-23 18:32:46)

Does anyone know if there is an Untethered jail break for IOS 11.2.6? I've been avoiding updating my iPod because I want to jail break it.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-12-23 19:55:20 (edited by mazen 2018-12-23 19:55:53)

no untethered jailbreaks
all of it is  semi untether

2018-12-23 19:57:42

you can use uncover

2018-12-23 20:14:04

Give it up; jailbreaking is dead!
No, seriously!  Cydia creator Jay Freeman says it's not worth it, Luca Todesco who is probably the best known iOS hacker today has quit jailbreaking things for you like, last year, and Apple is making it harder with greater security fixes and increased proffit for hackers who find vulnerabilities, meaning that you're pretty much on your own now if you actually, ya know, really wana try your hand at jailbreaking, which could end up costing you your device and anything on your device owing to vulnerabilities.  Once upon a time Cydia was the appstore; today your 10 year old nephew is being taught by Apple how to develop for them.  Third party apps are more readily beeing swallowed up by the giant because phone sales aren't going as swellingly as they would have liked, so they have to pick up slack through revenue on the appstore itself.
In short, that means that jailbreaking will realistically only give you a small modification in comparison to what you would have gotten like, 5 years ago.  If you're not satisfied with iOS and you feel there are just too many restrictions you probably should switch to an Android device of some kind... I honestly can't blame anyone for wanting to have their cake and eat it too... I'm just too old now to care.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-04-05 15:57:11

Hey, are there some isues with jailbreaking with voiceover

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-04-05 19:30:50

you can still jailbreak if you are on IOS 12 to 12.1.2. just search unc0ver.

2019-04-05 20:15:45

Urh wrote:

Hey, are there some isues with jailbreaking with voiceover

No, jailbreaking with voiceover on haves no issues