2018-12-16 11:50:27

Hi,
As a member of the previously mentioned BTsync folder,  can say that it has most? of what blind mice had, and seems to be updated regularly.
I'm also happy to help out with the server financially, would hate to see all of this stuff just disappear.
Cheers,

Daniel

Thumbs up

2018-12-16 12:59:44

Here are the shows on offer I have so far if people want:
24, 24 legacy and 24 Redemption (that thing they did after seasons 6). Seasons 1 and 2 of 24 are not described and season 3 I couldn't find. If anyone has that one, do let me know.
Doctor Who (the revival series). I have all seasons.
Family guy. Season 9 isn't described and I'm missing a fair portion of Season 12, otherwise intact.
Game of Thrones, all 7 seasons.
Heroes (all 4 seasons) and Heroes reborn.
Shadow Hunters the mortal instruments.
Star Trek discovery and all 3 seasons of the original series.
The Black List seasons 2 to 5 (I can't find 1)
The Cleveland Show
The Simpsons (all accept season 24 which I couldn't find)
True Blood Seasons 1 through 5. I don't know if 6 and 7 have even been described?
Westworld both seasons
Big Bang Theory seasons 1 through 11 and Young Sheldon.
Request:
Any missing seasons I previously mentioned or complete seasons of things I otherwise marked as incomplete.
Described south Park (this is the big one!) Seriously, if anyone has any of that absolutely get in contact. I've literally only heard it once when blindy tv was a thing and I've never heard of it again.
If anyone has Breaking Bad described, again I'll love you forever. I know they did some? Episodes of season 1, but maybe it's just something that hasn't been described.
Supernatural (again I don't even know if it's been described)
The Walking Dead (same deal as the previous 2)
I'm sure at least one of those is in that huge 1.7 tb bt sync, but ugh that would literally take me months to download.

Thumbs up

2018-12-16 13:09:37

Hi.
I have 24 season 3 described, it was the first one which was described anyway.

I also looked for south park, but I found none of these sadly, breaking bad and the walking dead only had their first seasons with an AD, but as far as I know, none came after.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2018-12-16 16:59:25 (edited by sid512 2018-12-16 16:59:51)

hi,
not sure what's up, but both the jeff's site and a fair amount of links, as well as the shows listing and their links on bmmv seem to be working as of now. gryff, are you still going ahead with the downloads?

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

Thumbs up

2018-12-16 17:09:14 (edited by grryfindore 2018-12-16 17:18:18)

Hi,
All that I have read is all very good news.
the bt sync folder, the back up of shows that people have, makes it more likely that we end up losing none or very few of the tv shows that the bmmv had.
The server is still downloading. and compiling a list of files that its missing.
I should have the list at you guys soon as possible, so that you guys if you have any of the missing tv shows could get on uploading if you wish and want to help.
So far the http or ftp method imo seems the best out of all the options, with limitations if the load is a bit too much.

The payment and finances.
The people that are willing to donate whatever and how much ever within their capacity are all welcome to do so, there have been generous people willing to do a monthly donation too which obviously this server will need. I will send you my paypal email address if you have expressed an interest towards donating for the server, but read what I have written below, first.
My suggestion is that one person does them every month, if you express you want to be a donater I could get you into a group  where you amongst yourself could decide who's doing what.
However if that doesn't seem comfortable suitable (I understand today we have extra funds to spend,later one you may not) , I suppose you guys could donate at my paypal, (paypal doesn't allow donations in my country so I will have to put up a buy now button instead)
and of course not all of what you guys donate will come to me I mean, paypal conversion fees will have some of that, when I pay the conversion fees will eat some up too etc. All I can say and promise is that I won't be a dick and use even a single cent or 0.0001% of the donations for myself.
I feel strongly about everybody having access to things such as ADV movies and tv shows, lack the finances to meet costs myself, and this is the only reason,wait I have said all this before so yeah. lol.
What is best is for you to decide, I have layed out all the information for you to see, and ponder over.
if someone like kaigoku or anyone else well known of course, wants to handle the donation front and a paypal account in the US or whatever, I'd be up for that too.
Let me lay down the costs for you guys so far.
The server costs as they stand now are farely low, 10 Euros (11 12 euros roughly including paypal) a month, setup and all the VAT etc was about 21 25 27 euros including paypal, which I payed out of my pc savings... lol.
These may go up, if we realise that we may need a better server
I intend to get a domain soon, probably spring for a free one if one can be found, else go for a cheap one, should be around $8/ $9 cloudflair for DDOS etc protection etc which should be another $5 or 6 7 depending on paypal and exchange rates.
Edit: Cloudflare offers a free plan, and then the next tear is $20, so I have no clue what's up with that, let me see if they can just do the Dos protection etc, or if with my server that's even needed.
any guidance suggestions ideas are more than welcome.
as soon as things are a bit ship shape, I should open up the server for the public slowly, of course.
But that will take a bit of time.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-16 18:46:21 (edited by Chris 2018-12-16 19:18:01)

Here's some more downloads. Westworld movie: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/y3urtd

Westworld season 1: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/jiaw2t

Westworld season 2: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/apjciy

Daredevil movie: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/9p32li

Torchwood Season 3: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/60k9te

I would be happy to donate $20 or so. I don't think I can currently do this monthly,, but I'm happy to help where I can. How much storage space and bandwidth do you have for the server?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

Thumbs up

2018-12-16 20:44:27

Hi,
about to go to sleep soon, so writing this quick
All files from d to Z are done, A to C are under process.
quite a few files missing, though.
Friend should have list to me by my morning.
Criss, Thank you mate, anything and help in anyway at all is always good smile
the bandwidth isn't limited as such, or so they say. probably in quite a few tbs more than enough to cover our needs I imagine, the disk space is 2tb.
Cheers
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-16 21:25:51

HI,

I still have 2 tb of cloud space sitting unused. Here's the catch though I think it only supports webdav and the interface is in dutch, I don't know if there is an easy download process in english. As far as I'm aware it doesn't have bandwidth limitations though

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

Thumbs up

2018-12-16 22:40:58

grryfindore, I am all for helping preserve this content as well. I would be happy to contribute monthly. However, I am hoping that someone will commit alongside with me to pay the bills per month. I don't mind just forwarding you the money to your Paypal via buy link if that seems easier for you, grryfindore,. 1 euro is about $1.13 US. I don't know exchange rates, but that's about $15 in US currency. I do not mind paying for it all on a monthly basis. However, if others want to help me, I would greatly appreciate that too. I'll DM you about the rest grryfindore. I just wanted to put this out there if anyone wanted to help out, just send me a forum email.

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 07:46:29

Hello all. I could not contribute every month  but maybe $20 or so every few months.  I really think this is a good idea. smile

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 08:43:23

I was just on BMMV and it looks like the TV show purge is complete.

Grryf, I'd also be willing to donate $10 or $20 on occasion to help with costs.

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 13:03:49 (edited by Naruto 2018-12-17 13:12:25)

wow, wish i would have known this was here. lol. I've got all of the law and order stuff they have, but as i've only got 250 gigs of storage space, i've converted them all to .ogg. the lowest quality setting switch has.
Edit
I'd also be happy to help by donating what I can, when i can.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 15:31:05 (edited by grryfindore 2018-12-17 18:08:16)

hi,
update.
all the movies from the links on the jeff's page or the former bmmv links are now done downloading.
out of 2239 links on that page 275 have failed due to links expiring, the rest have been loaded on the server.
just got off work so give me a bit to compile list and send it your way.
if you have any of the shows, send me name of the show along with a link. if you have many of the shows on the list get in touch, I'll set you up with an ftp connection to upload the files.
this excludes the files I saved on my sendspace account, the ones that were only present on the bmmv,those are safe sitting in my sendspace account right now.

If the tv shows leave us with a significant amount of space on the server, I'll load all the movies on there, too. so that something like this does not happen again.
I have gotten 2 domains so far, audiodescribed.tk and audiovalt.tk (any votes on which you like better?)
but they yet need to be fixed up and pointing to the server, that will come soon, once the house is in bit of a order.

At those that have expressed interest in donating towards server costs, I thank you. I would rather not that a single person like kaigoku have to bair the brunt of the server costs.
If you have expressed interest in donating, use paypal me link to pay towards the server costs.
Email doesnt work. edit:
my paypal email is nishantrana[at]gmail.com (email written so to avoid bots dropping money into my paypal tongue )
First last name Nishant Singh
if even 10 people donate $2 maybe more not sure yet, monthly just rough estimates, we should have no trouble with the server costs at all.
This includes paypals cut,fees charges and the monthly server costs.
If you try to donate to that email and it fails, let me know and I will set up a paypal link or whatever else paypal has.

In my last post I included the cost of the cloudflare thingy too, but my friend says we should be ok with a free cloudflare plan, so we will go along with that and see how that goes. just mentioning it here sinse I included that in my financials section last time.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 15:51:15 (edited by Chris 2018-12-17 15:52:00)

I can't donate. It's asking for recipiant's first and last name. Also, what will happen if I donate $20 USD? Exchange rates make my head hurt.

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 16:58:09 (edited by grryfindore 2018-12-17 18:06:44)

Hi,
Update,
here is the list of files
that the jeffs page had the links to,but they expired.
If you have the sendspace links for any of the files, please send me the name of the tv show and the link.
or do a google drive or dropbox link. privately prefered so as to not get your host account bandwidth run out.

@cris,
Nishant Singh (previous post updated with that information). sheesh I thought it would be a straightforward process, but paypal doesn't make it fun.
What I asume is when you enter $20 it will take $20 from your account, and play out the exchange rate dance and monkey show with me instead of you.
If people continue having problems,I'll try and setup a link or button thingy instead.

Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 17:22:30 (edited by Chris 2018-12-17 17:22:58)

I get the following error message: We can’t complete this transaction. The recipient has exceeded the receiving limit and must provide more info to lift the limit.

Grryf, I will send you a forum email with links to the shows I have in your list.

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 17:23:03

To make the process of sending money a bit easier or if you are having problem with the info provided,
use this paypal.me
link
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 17:25:24

That's well, wierd, since I have everything verified?
paypal really does get on my nervs sometimes. blarg.
Try that link I posted, (you and I posted at the same time)
And lovely about the links mate.
Thanks again.

Chris wrote:

I get the following error message: We can’t complete this transaction. The recipient has exceeded the receiving limit and must provide more info to lift the limit.

Grryf, I will send you a forum email with links to the shows I have in your list.

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 17:34:03

I just sent $20 USD. Hopefully it worked. Now I'm going to upload the stuff I don't already have to Sendspace and send you the links.

Thumbs up +1

2018-12-17 17:55:20 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2018-12-17 17:56:24)

if charmed s 7 is still needed, I think I have most' of it, should no one else be able to come up with it. I will look for them although I think I know where they are. If you want them, I will make a drop box link when I have the time.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 17:59:48

Hi
@grryfindore,  awesome job with the server mate. Sorry unable to help out because of life.
I was able to add the 1.7 TB BTSync folder I mentioned previously On this topic to my phone.  The app allows us to view the list of files in the folder without downloading it.  The folder  contains most of the content  that is missing.  Can someone who is on the folder, and has the behemoth downloaded, help us out?

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 18:02:08 (edited by grryfindore 2018-12-17 18:10:42)

Hi,
Thank you loads criss, payment recieved. This should prove very helpful.
When people like you donate towards something like this, you enable people who can't pay for things like these to experience the same thing.
I guess enough with the sap,but would still like to express my thanks.
edit, LD, and others that are helping with all this stuff, hats off to you guys too. lol I have been doing nothing today but work, and working on all this. smile
Makes me feel better that others are lending me a huge hand.
Where's core exiles window, now...

Cheers and thanks again.
I will edit the posts to include the paypal me link instead.
P.S. paypal does take  quite a bit as its fees sheesh.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 18:27:54 (edited by lightningdragon 2018-12-17 18:53:15)

Hi
I completely agree with  @grryfindore  people like @Chris help out the community in a huge way. So thank you for all you do.  Also, a huge thanks to grryfindore, you the man.
@grryfindore,  have you looked at sending the money as a gift on PayPal?  Usually PayPal charges you around 6 to 7 dollars per transaction. However, if you send the money as a gift, there is no transaction fee.

Thumbs up

2018-12-17 18:31:16

No problem. I don't want to see any of this content lost. The seasons I have are uploading to Sendspace right now. I might as well get as much use out of my Pro account as I can before it expires. I'm not renewing it.

Thumbs up +1

2018-12-17 20:25:22

Chris, which shows did you upload? I have some shows as well, but I don't want to duplicate your efforts.
I have 24 Seasons 1 and 3, Being Human Season 1, Charmed Season 7, Doctor Who Season 4 Specials, Frasier Season 4, Law and Order UK Season 8, NCIS Season 7, NCIS Los Angeles Season 7, Num3rs Season 5, Orphan Black Season 1, The Big Bang Theory seasons 2 and 4, The Simpsons seasons 10 and 19, and True Blood Season 5.

Thumbs up