2010-09-29 11:41:49

İ have a segestion with the forum:
İf a messege comes in the forum and if you online, a sound playing. accept or dont accept.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-09-29 17:12:24

hi, that's not going to happen.
firstly, the forum was not written by the ag team. what they did was nearly upload the php files and set it up, the forums, the admin accounts, etc. Although I did hear sander knows how to do php.
Secondly, punBB is very basic. this is why it's so simple. it doesn't use dynamic pages or anything, it's plain html generated when ever you press enter on a link. the system goes through a few scriptss, reads if you're logged in, eetc, then displays the generated page. if we wanted the sound thing, t would have to monitor for new posts, and then either refresh the opage taking you to a warning, or use a flash object. if we wanted to stick to html, then not all browsers support the sound tag. firefox is a good example. if you go to the blastbay studios site, you don't hear anything. if you go there with IE, you get a nice logo.however, you hear the

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>