2018-12-13 05:46:12

where is the install .net flame work I can't find after extract files so I can't play on win8.1 it said program has stop working any help

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2018-12-13 08:34:10

Is this meant as a release for people to play, or is this a rough beta/alpha for people to test? Honestly wondering because I was debating doing a review, but I don't know if this was just posted for people to test out or if it has already been fully tested and this is the finished product.

2018-12-13 08:58:57

This is the final product.
It was tested before, but you can imagine you will have bugs sometimes and i have quickly fixed those.

As for your issue with the .net framework.
Like i have stated on the website and in this 1 post of the topic.

They can be found in the directory called installation.
In there you can just open the installers.

Put your coding where your mouth is.

2018-12-13 09:02:44

I'm afraid I had absolutely no luck with this.
I downloaded and unzipped the folder and stuck it in my downloads.
I then unzipped the monopoly.zip folder and hit enter on the exe file.
Music started up and the screen went black. I started narrator and switched to NvdA and there was absoluytely nothing, just music playing.
if I hit enter I got a coin like sound, but I couldn't use the arrows or anything else, or even hit escape or alt f4, the screne was just plane black, and narrator didn't say anything.

When I switched to NvdA exactly the same thing happened, I've tried three times now and each time I had to quit the program with the task manager.

I'm using the 64 bit version of windows 10 latest version.

it sounds like there is a serious issue with the screen reader output here, meaning none of the game text is read.
I would strongly suggest you look at implementing direct Sapi output to the game, therefore if the screen reader doesn't work there is always an alternative and people don't end up entirely stuck.

I would also suggest you implement either hitting escape or alt f4 to exit the program, since just having that circus music playing was getting a bit freaky big_smile.

Sorry to be so critical, I'm sure the game will be fun when it is in working order.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-12-13 11:53:57

Hi,
Have you heard of a library called Tolc? It is a screen reader output library that should work with NVDA, Jaws, sapi, etc.

2018-12-13 12:00:56

Hi @xsense
Implementing TOLK is not hard. There's a wrapper for dot net so it will be a snap for you to implement.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-12-13 12:19:02 (edited by Xsense 2018-12-13 12:21:00)

Hello,
I dont mind implenting more text to speech options.
However this isnt needed because the game works fine.

The game doesnt use the arrow keys.
Read the readme.txt for game controls.

The reason i dont use arrow keys is because jaws keyboard hook , controls them
So jaws users would not be able to use it.

2018-12-13 12:34:21

As I stated yesterday, the guy meant SAPI5 and not narrator, so hope he fixes the first post so that people don't get confused. Anyway, moving is with W and S, not with the arrow keys so that may explain Dark's issue.

2018-12-13 13:14:09

Indeed i do,
Thank you for clarifying that.
Also for your other reply. smile

2018-12-13 16:27:12

hi there.
the game is beautiful but my problem is my sapi is broken. sad

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2018-12-13 16:33:25

Hi,
What tts library is the game currently using?

2018-12-13 18:21:12

high, I have a quesstion about this game, how i can make houses in the game?
thanks

2018-12-13 18:26:35

@37 if you haven't played Monopoly before then you have to read about it.
There is another bug I found. I know paying debts to other players has been fixed, but paying for the bank is not. First I owed the bank $39 but then after mortgaging a property I owed $-110, which means that the bank ows me smile I'd keep mortgaging properties until I'd go bancrupt, but I didn't do it because I knew that would happen at the end. Anyway, thanks for your work making the game and I hope these bugs get fixed as soon as possible.
Regards!

2018-12-13 23:43:40

Hello one and all to answer the questions above.

Sorry to hear that your sapi is broken.
If you have a suggestion for another one let me know and i will implent it for you.

Hello to you as well,
I have programmed my small library whichc includes: Sapi, Jaws, NVDA.

Hello there,
If you wish to build a house you need to have a complete street.
Once you do press the spacebar when its your turn and follow the instructions.

Hello again,
Thanks for the bug report i will fix this.
I will make another release when i have answers from above if i should imploent more tts systems.

Greetings to you all

2018-12-14 00:03:00

Fixed bug (Depbt system paying to bank).
Added simple sentance when starting game saying instructions what keys to use.
I have updated the first post with instructions for those that have screenreader issues.
And also the new update can be downloaded on my website.

2018-12-14 01:56:41

it would be nice if game had some kind of auto update checker and ability to download new version when game starts

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2018-12-14 08:06:00

have yet to get any screen reader including narator to work, would be nice if it atleast had sapi support thanks.

don't look back, cause you'll loose the road ahead.

2018-12-14 09:16:22

Have the dice bug been fix yet? I am talking about how every time the dice is roll it always come up as double.

2018-12-14 13:44:23

Hi all, I've had no problems getting jaws and or sapi to work in the game. But, after a few rounds, either a trading or an auction causes the game to throw the same out of range error.
I can paste in the error log if need be. but it sounds like a a lotta fun once these bugs get nailed down.

Cool concept! Time to stomp bugs though.
big_smile

2018-12-14 16:09:21

it weird I tried redownload several times still can't find install directory could some of you zip this floder and upload for me so I can try the game thanks

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2018-12-15 21:28:27 (edited by keithwipf1 2018-12-15 21:30:02)

Hi, I had a bit of trouble getting the game to run at first, but I suspect my antivirus was blocking it somehow. Anyway, I restarted the computer and I started the game up, no problem.
I've been having fun.
However, I found a few things, sometimes there are auctions and then, probably since I was using NVDA and there doesn't seem to bee a speech delay set, all the bots bid instantly and there was no way to do anything.
However, then, I switched to SAPI, and I too noticed that it started to rain doubles, 3s, 5s, and 6s.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the doubles are either when the game is started for the second time, or when the screen reader isn't being used, or something like that.
So can you please try to do the following?
Add a speech delay to screen readers, to stop them from saying everything at once.
Add the o key during play to open up the options menu.
Add a music volume option to the options menu
Add some key to exit the game at any time.
Add a toggle to the options menu, which starts off, which allows the arrow keys to be used if the user doesn't have a key hook then they can turn that on.
Thanks for this fun game!

2018-12-15 23:07:41

Hello one and all,
So to answer the above questions and suggestions.

Sapi should work fine, not sure why your having issues with it.
If you have an errorlog in the main folder paste the content here please.

I am unable to implent wait for speech to finish on nvda and jaws.
Because their library's doesnt containt that i did find one for nvda on the japanese version.
However i called the function but it didnt do anything other then return the same values.
So yeah...
There's no real way to check when speech is finished on nvda and jaws.

Suggestions are always nice and theres no need to respond to them,
Just to let you know im taking most into consideration and will let you all know when a update is available.

As for the auto updater.
Sure easy to do, but its a small package.
I might create one but it depends on my free time.
Pretty busy at this moment smile.

The out of range exception yes please post the log so i can take a look at it.
As for the doubles in the dice i will change the generator not to use the seed value of date and time as it varies per computer language and region.
So i will make a new number generator that isnt tied to anything related to computer language and such.

Hope i have informed you all ,
Any questions suggestions always welcome.

Take care guys.

2018-12-16 00:08:12

Thanks, but I know there is no easy way to know when NVDA is finished speaking, so many games employ something called speech delay.
Basically, the user can input about how many milliseconds they want the screen reader to wait for each word.
Then, it waits that time and when the time is up, it will speak the next string.
HTH

2018-12-16 01:35:42

still no luck with screenreader, it says use s and w when I open it but the s and w keys don't seem to do anything, thinking this is my problem not so much screenreadr, not sure why though.

don't look back, cause you'll loose the road ahead.

2018-12-16 22:46:11

Ok, here's the out of range messages I've been getting. Hope you can make more sense of it than I can. lol
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at MonopolyPlanet.Handler.Menus.Update()System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at MonopolyPlanet.Handler.Menus.Update()System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
   at MonopolyPlanet.Handler.Menus.Update()System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at MonopolyPlanet.Handler.NewGame.Update()System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at MonopolyPlanet.Handler.NewGame.Update()