2018-08-09 05:34:32

Any updates on that documentation Oriol?

2018-12-14 00:57:38

Hi!
I have a problem. After resetting Beatstar, It stops working. After selecting language nothing happened and program stopped to work. Please, could You fix this issue?
Also, before that after redownloading new version It says, that there is also new version, but this version isn't in the server.
Please, could You look on this problem?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-12-14 01:48:30

Ok, I have no exact answer to your question, but my experience is kinda similar to yours, so I'll try to describe it.
I've downloaded version 4.0, first, of course, simply to update the game, but also because I was experiencing that nasty downloading issue that was allready mentionned by many of us.
After having downloaded version 4 and replaced the folder, I've tried to run the game. I do hae access to the new options (menu structure and mini games), but it still indicates that I'm running version 3.5. So I've tried to look for all the traces of the old version, meaning to delete them all. I found one folder in app data containing the packs, one in roaming containing game files, and one data file in my documents (maybe I'm responsible for that one but I'm not sure). Anyway I managed to destroy that all. But... but even if the soundpacks are indead suppressed, 1. the game still tells me that I'm running version 3.5, 2. the downloading bug is still present.
I really like this game, don't get me wrong, but it's becomming quite anoying . Most of my soundpacks are corrupted for having only been partially downloaded because of this bug, and updating the game doesn't seem so easy ... So if you have any suggestion, don't hesitate!

Best regard,
Simon

2019-03-12 15:09:57 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2019-03-12 15:17:27)

I was playing the latest version of Beatstar, and completed a pack, but the end theme was kind of long, so I pressed enter to skip it.

And I just lost 400k + beatcoins I'd been saving up. So much for getting back into Beatstar.

Edit: To clarify, what happened was before I started the pack, I had about 400k beatcoins, probably slightly less, as I had bought 75 safeguards before starting. I completed the pack only using about 20 of these safeguards, and then there was the long victory theme and I pressed enter. When I went to check how much I now had, it said "Null beatcoins", and I went to the "buy safeguards" screen and it confirmed I now had zero beatcoins. I went to another pack and earned 12k beatcoins, and that is currently all I have. Do you guys have. Any idea. How long. It took me. To raise. Over 400k. Beatcoins? Hint: It was a friggling long time.

2019-03-17 09:14:34

lool probably bug.

Yours kindly

2019-03-17 10:20:29

Hi.
You probably stopped the game before the  beatcoin sounds stopped playing.
So that corrupted your save file.
I'm sorry this happened to you, and I am currently facing some issues with beatstar's current code, that's why there haven't been any new versions. Basically, the new versions of electron don't support the encryption model that the save files are currently using, so I'm making an online solution to convert your save files.

Again, sorry this happened to you. beatstar is my first js game, and there are still some things I could have done differently in the code.
I am sorry users are having so many issues.
Cheers.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-07-04 04:57:22

when i want play the game i  have no music only one pitch sound

2019-07-04 08:19:05

I wish I knew how to fix this pitch sound. There have been many reports of this happening.
Can you try a few things?
1. Go to your beatpacks folder inside your user folder, default, and try to play the music files. Do they play?
2. delete that folder
3. let the game redownload it again
see if it is fixed.

2019-07-04 11:06:43 (edited by RemusLupin 2019-07-04 11:06:58)

if you are trying play levels, but there is only buz sound, you must update your realtec device.
or high definition audio

Yours kindly

2019-07-04 17:13:14

no, it's not a realtech thing, because the music files play in the menu to listen to levels.

2019-07-04 17:44:02

idk it solved my problem.

Yours kindly

2019-07-05 00:24:07

music plays normally in the folder and in the meni in unlocked music too

2019-07-05 09:19:43

I have noticed also, that there are not tutorial files. Some files are just reported, as names.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-08-23 05:37:27

It must have been a long time since I played this game. I went to play it tonight and it said there was a new version available: version 4.0.0. I downloaded it, extracted everything from the zip file, saved it all in the same folder, and now all my save data from before is gone! I have no progress in any beatpacks, no beat coins or anything. I still have my old copy of version 3.5.1 on my flash drive. Another thing: every time I start the new version on my computer, it keeps going back to using the default Windows voice, and I have to choose to use my screen reader every time.

2019-08-23 18:25:59

Hi
Like I said on the other copic, sadly, old save files are no longer compatible.
However, I don't recommend you download the game right now because I'm working on fixing some very important issues.

Thanks.

2019-08-24 04:09:49

Okay, I'll just copy the old folder back to my computer then.

2019-08-26 23:02:18

the link on your site doesn't work

2019-08-27 07:34:35

the link was pulled from the website until all these bugs are fixed sorry. it wont be long, since I'm leaving tomorrow.

2019-09-03 21:51:25

hello all,
so  i downloaded new release of beatstar, but i can't run game.

Yours kindly