2018-12-12 15:36:39

I can't seem to find the rest of Two and a half Men, I guess they removed it already, I have the first two seasons.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

Thumbs up +1

2018-12-12 15:41:52

G-rad,   I have never been able to find all seasons of the show. Ray Star has couple of more seasons of Two and a half men.  Here is the link if you don't have it: http://www.cheeseheadhosting.us./downloads.php?link=discriptive%20movies%20for%20the%20blind%20vault%203%202013%20and%20newer

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 18:33:50

You all sound like a bunch of entitled children.  The movie vault was a free service but not free to run.  I myself enjoy free things as well, but you can't be upset when the free thing goes away.  In reality, nothing is ever free, someone somewhere has to pay for part of said free service.  Blind mice did accept donations for the movie vault, but they just as well could have charged a subscription fee just like Netflix and Hulu; so people should be grateful for what they have given  us all.  Netflix has a lot of described content, and are always adding more.  iTunes as well has a bunch of described stuff, I do agree that iTunes does need to have described shows.  At least they gave us a warning.  They did let us know when they were taking down the shows; instead of just clicking delete.  Is someone compiling a central folder for all of this stuff or are you all just passing it around?  Their were a couple of you who wanted Jessica Joans, Dare Devil, The Punisher, Iron Fist, The Defenders, Luke Cage, that you can find on Netflix Described.  Not just 1 or 2 seasons, but all of the seasons that Netflix has to offer for those shows.  Their is even a catigory on Netflix for all their content that is audio described.  If we all want to keep everything on the movie vault why don't we ask them to charge a small monthly subscription fee?  Like I said before it takes money to run a free service.

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 19:12:40

@grryfindore, if you're at t already you're progressing fast, I'm sure you'll be done before saturday.
@Gorilla, I actually wouldn't mind paying a subscription fee for a service like the movie vault, but they never gave us that choice, they just decided they're going to stop offering it. For some reason netflix's content is very limited in south africa; there aren't a lot of audio described series. I guess the solution would be to use a vpn to sign up for netflix in another country, but then I would have to pay it in that country's currency plus pay for the vpn. The movie vault is unfortunately the only option a lot of people really have to get audio described content, so obviously people are going to be upset when it's no longer available.

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 19:35:13 (edited by sid512 2018-12-12 19:38:08)

Hi,
@gryff
well, I agree about the choice of shows being subjective but the time isn't a luxury in this case. big_smile as you said some of the links from jeff's site were same as bmmv, they could as well be removed. apart from that, I simply don't have the time to check the entire listing as it will take hours to say the least. how much have you covered? i'll try and check the remaining letters and post the requests on here. also, I can help comparing letter r and s and a couple others from jeff's site if you haven't covered them already big_smile

as far as movies are concerned, there is a large chunk around 380 gigs lying in my external by now. thanks to the habbit of collecting updated movies from jeff's site periodically tongue

p.s. exams and dissertation are being a pest right now. anyways, let me know how much you've covered and i'll come up with the comparison by tomorrow. exams on 14th and 15th unfortunately. hope you guys are able to salvage as much as possible.

@post 22, impressive. that's a huge collection indeed.

regards

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 20:32:26

@29, I didn't think about the different amount of content available on Netflix in other countries.  How about instead of petitioning Blind Mice to keep the shows up for a bit longer until they are all downloaded, why don't we petition them for monthly and or yearly subscriptions?  Has anyone asked them about doing something like that?  Maybe they haven't thought of that.

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 23:14:47 (edited by sid512 2018-12-12 23:16:37)

hi,
@31, considering the repulsive retorts on a couple of previous occasions, have you ever thought about the practical possibility of bmmv considering any petition? assuming that they probably made up their mind, would they be so willing to hear a bunch of requests and alter their decisions? otherwise, have you tried petitioning them yourself if so inclined? in other words, if they have decided to hit the paddle, it simply won't matter whether you petition them or not, let alone the content of petition. with that said, let others contemplate ways to salvage the outgoing content before its too late and contribute if you can, as this thread is not for shere deliberation.

back to the pressing topic, I have now started with comparing letter r, let us see how far it goes.

regards

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 04:21:10 (edited by grryfindore 2018-12-13 04:25:22)

Hi,
Sid, Thank you mate
Gorila, I will refer you to my other posts on this topic on my thoughts on what you said, that's all I have time for now, unfortunately.

A to C,Z to T are done. D in progress. if Sid is doing R I will skip it.

do send me the results though if you are doing other letters so that I can save them to my account and download.

And yes, doing this for movies is a good idea too that is for the stuff that you like, I need to get a server and start loading content on there or get an hdd and load them there first. lets see how things work out.
If people would be interested in donating towards the costs of the server though, let me know, only a few people should do it like I said. and if you'd rather be the person who pays and deals with the financial matters speak up and if you have been around in the community long enough, I'll consider it.
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 05:54:51

@Chris
I found The Big Bang Theory seasons 2 and 4 on Ray Starr's World.

Season 2:
http://www.cheeseheadhosting.us/downloa … eason%2002

Season 4:
http://www.cheeseheadhosting.us/downloa … eason%2004

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 06:45:06

I appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this. If I knew about this sooner, I would have found a way to contribute as well. I know there are mixed opinions about this whole movie vault thing, but we're limited in the things we have described nowadays. If you guys can get servers up and running, I'd be happy to contribute financially. Depending on the amount of interest, I, or anyone with similar capabilities, can program some kind of inventory system for the collection with some features. Just a few suggestions.

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 07:25:05 (edited by Chris 2018-12-13 07:46:55)

I've downloaded all available 16 seasons of Family Guy. For some reason, season 9 is not described and seasons 11 and 12 are missing quite a few episodes. I'm now downloading 8 of the 9 seasons of American Dad. Season 1 appears to be gone. I'll check the other websites just to make sure. Thanks for seasons 2 and 4 of Big Bang. I've aded them to the collection. I also have three seasons of The Cleveland Show. I can't find season 4 so if anyone has it, please send it my way and it'll go in my rapidly growing collection.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 08:32:43

Hi,
Sure, Any and all kinds of help whatever you are willing to offer is welcome. be it financial, coding some sort of a download section for people or a simple webpage which people can use or anything at all, such as getting new tv shows or right now We are comparing jeffs page and the bmmv to see what jeffs page doesn't have and bmmv does and saving that to our accounts. Letters T to Z are done, Sid I believe is doing R, A to C are done, D is in progress so rest are left hop on and do whatever and who ever can.
I have a pro for 30 days or so, can and probably will extend it, those shows that I have saved and others send me will be either downloaded to the server I have in mind and the rest of the stuff on jeffs page as well over time or to my hdd first if finances are limited and then to the server.
Do you guys think 1tb or 2 tb for this will be enough? on a dedicated server, I mean. The allowance is 1tb 2tb bandwidth as well.
back to work, see you in a few hours.
Grryf.

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 13:25:23 (edited by grryfindore 2018-12-13 14:02:45)

update
Josh has just finished and PMed me comparision of letters E to G
Thank you josh, really greatful to you, sir.
I am working on comparing jeffs tv shows page with bmmv, and saving shows those that aren't there on jeffs page.
Currently, letters A to H,T to Z are done
I am working on J, Sid has said he is working on the letter R and backwards.
If you are working on compareing a letter, keep us informed here so that we don't duplicate our efforts.
Thank you.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 13:26:29 (edited by sid512 2018-12-13 13:30:31)

hi,
@gryff.
what's the status. as far as comparing and listing the ones only available on bmmv and not the described shows page is concerned, I have listed letters e, f, g, h, I, j, k, and l, apart from letter r. i'll see what else I can do, given the shortage of time. can you do s since its longer. i'll  try with a few more by evening.

edit: our efforts could have been a bit more coordinated, for I had no idea about e to g already covered big_smile as you're already covering h, just let me know what else to cover or we might end up duplicating efforts as gryff said.
regards

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 14:07:37

Hi,
yeah, you and I seem to have been doing the same thing.
I have done up to I moving to do S.
as soon as you have sent pmed or whatever me the list, I will update the total status.
so give me the others you have done, that is R J K and L?
Seriously though, Thanks again mate, truly appriciated
you and josh so far along with me having been doing it. Cris has already downloaded the few of the most demanded shows so that's great.
I have a server in mind we can dump all this on, perhaps I'll start a fund me campaign?
Cheers and thanks all, we are moving along nicely
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 14:30:37 (edited by sid512 2018-12-13 15:32:15)

hi,
@gryff
its great to be able to help, however minor the contribution. leaving aside all the confusion, so far I've covered e, f, g, h, I, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, and r. that's pretty much about it right? i'll send the text in a while, let me know if anything else remains.

edit: there, task complete. e to r now. however the list isn't supposed to be 100 percent accurate as a few overlaps might have occurred, and there are a lot of shows with running duration comparable to movies, so I included the ones labled as "made_for_tv". so do confirm after receiving the pm. big_smile hope the salvaging process goes as planned because you guys got 2 more days to scoop up whatever needed.

regards

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 15:40:26

I myself also have a lot and can send links to my own cloud where needed. When we figure out how the server works, I woudl ike to send a link to that person to the folder so that we can see what I can add. I can also record from netflix if anyone can show me how.

With kind regards, Mslion

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 17:42:55

Hi,
I have just finished with the Letter S
Thank you sid once again for the trimendous effort.
However like Sid said his list does miss a few tv shows.
So in essence all the tv shows that jeff was missing from the bmmv have been added to my account or soon will be, barring a few missed I guess.
if someone wants to take a look at sids compelation and if you are able to point out missing tv shows, that'd be great.

Sid has actually done a lot so don't take it as me nitpicking but I am just saying if someone's interested or for completeness's sake, we all are human and it is but natural to make mistakes specially when doing something as mind nummingly boring as this, so don't take as me bashing the guy after what he has done, and I hope sid doesn't take it as such, either.
A to Z all done, the missing movies, I mean.
My work isn't finished however, I still need to add these to my account,and then lets see how the server situation pans out.
If people are willing to donate towards a server, I'll off load from my sendspace account to the server directly, else get a server later and upload after I have downloaded them to my computer.
Thanks for all your help guys, and like I said, any kind of help at all will be great.
Foods calling so writing all this in a hurry.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-13 22:56:57 (edited by Josh 2018-12-13 23:22:40)

Oops, sorry about the confusion guys. Guess I should have posted on here when I PMed Grryf. I'm just glad we at least have everything listed. Hopefully it can all be saved or downloaded before they start deleting stuff on Saturday.

Thumbs up

2018-12-14 00:13:29

Awesome. Just to clarify my post, I'm willing to help out with server costs on a monthly basis. Not all of it, but I'm sure I can help with quite a chunk. Also, if any of you are subscribed to Sero entertainment package, you can get all of these shows for a subscription price. I'm not suggesting this project is in vain, but I'd just like to point it out for those who don't know. I still understand that people in some countries might not have the luxury that US or UK people might have.

Thumbs up

2018-12-14 00:35:29

Hi.
Yeah, I also would be willing to maintain the server by donating a percentage of the needed funds.
I am curious, before I download the stuff again and we have overlaps, does someone have the following series?
Game of thrones, NCIS, NCIS LA, CSI, Chicago Fire, 24, The clone wars, Black Mirror, Narcos.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2018-12-14 00:35:35

I'm now downloading all the Simpsons seasons. Unfortunately, I can't find season 24.

Thumbs up

2018-12-14 00:48:29

I have Game of Thrones, NCIS, NCIS LA, 24, The Clone Wars, and Black Mirror. I'm currently downloading the last five seasons of CSI.

Thumbs up

2018-12-14 05:18:36

Hi,
I am not trying to compete with any of the services out there, I seriously don't have the time to smile
This will be  just a poor alternative to the bmmv for the people who can't pay for services like netflicks (really love them by the way for what they have been doing) or any of the million other services out there. or a way for people to get the shows that go away because of the blind mice removing their tv shows.
I wouldn't ask for donations for server costs, but I say help if and where you can, with whatever you can. I.E be it financial or otherwise. I live in India, a USD to INR is about 76 at least when paying via paypal or any of the payment gateways, and I have a day job, this is  just to tell you all why I ask, wouldn't have if I could've met those costs on my own.
So thanks to the people that plan on donating to such a server.
Plus this project will rely on donations from people for new shows, that is if people send new Audio described shows my way or point them out to me, I will upload them. much like the bmmv but it entirely depends on you

I am in the process of adding the shows to my accounts at least the names that were sent to me or the ones I have found to be missing on jeffs server.

Here is what people have requested so far, Cris, josh and G-Rad have the most of it, with stevey having 1 to 17 16 seasons of the simsons.
Most people have game of thrones anyway big_smile
If you have these and a way to upload, if you could share it with people that'd be great
btw, sendspace has that 100gb bandwidth limit against your links not what you download. but what other people do from your link.
Young Sheldon, the office, Doctor Who,
daredevil season 1 and two, Luke Cage season one, Jessica Jones season one,  Iron fist
season one,  punisher season one, agent of shield all seasons,   Marvels in humans,  and DC legends of tomorrow
Thanks all!

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-14 06:58:18 (edited by Chris 2018-12-14 07:17:44)

Let's see if this actually works. Here are two links for seasons 1 and 2 of The Office. These won't work forever, so grab them while you can.

Season 1: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/l9mc04

Season 2: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/mirxac

Here are links for Two and A Half Men. Season 1: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/960g27

Season 2: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/okflcq

Season 3: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/nit8ap

Season 4: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/w0ej4g

Does the 100 GB bandwidth limit apply for the entire month or daily? I would assume monthly, but hope daily. What happens if the limit is reached? Will I be charged or will the links stop working?

Thumbs up