2018-12-11 12:11:34 (edited by grryfindore 2019-02-18 15:24:36)

The admins of the blind mice mall in their wisdom have decided to remove all of their tv shows from the valt due to financial difficultys.
they will disappear after the 15th dec.

Seventh Edit:
Seven's the magic number, right? wink
  So major updates again. My friend has been able to add the upload and file renaming functions etc to the A V, so things should speed up from here on out.
the www access is now fixed too
Movies that have been added to the bmmv, the shows that went missing and people were kind enough to provide me with them are now in the process of being added, wierdly named files will be fixed too, as and when I have the time for them.
If you are able to contribute new tv shows (I don't care how you get them), get in touch.
And finally, enjoy!

Edit for the 6th or a millionth time:
A useable version of the website is now up, can be accessed at http://***/
The movies and tv shows have their own pages and display 100 titles at once.
You can search for what you want, or just explore the pages by clicking on the different pages.
And remember, Its run on donations from people that use it, so if you have donated in the past, my thanks to you and I am sure of others too who make use of the site but can't donate or pay for ADV content or can't access it otherwise.
If you would like to help us carry on the server and pay towards its monthly bills,
you can do it here
There is still work to be done, But it works well enough for now.
Thanks at everybody who helped through their movies and tv shows contributions, compared BMMV and jeff's pages, donated towards the server domain costs etc, and or helped in any other way at all.

Edit yet again:
this is like the fifth edit, I  think lol.
A very rough version of the website allowing downloads is now up.
Unfortunately the work on the site has stauled due to work commitment me and the main codeing person has at the moment,
The way it works currently is after clicking on the downloads, a huge table will load which can crash either your browser or screenreader, and you need to give it a minute (depends on your system specs) before you tab or arrow around, to avoid crashing the browser or your reader.
After its done loading though its as good as a sleeping toddler, and there's search functionality which makes things a hell of a lot easier.
For those that want need access, here is the link to the website.
Cheers and apologies.
Below are the old edits.

Edit again:
I wrote this along with the pole but that post seems to have disappeared.
The status so far.
All the tv shows from jeffs page have downloaded and the movies in process, leaving 275 or so tv shows who's links had expired before my friend could get to them.
We have decided to host those tv shows and movies on a server, free for everybody and everyone to access, however it will rely upon donations to carry on.
If you wish to donate towards the server costs,
you can donate here

the server is cheap so hopefully finances shouldn't be an issue, I would pay out of my own pocket as I already have for the previous month and this, but unfortunately I can not.
a few people have donated so far, and my thanks go to them smile
The vote at the time of writing for a .net domain is 50 50% 8 for audiodescribed.net and 8 for ***
it shows 7 8, but I am chipping in the vote of the friend as well who has been working whenever he has free time on the server downloading all tv shows movies from sendspace etc.
The plan origenally was to have a website with login registration, but the friend I mentioned will be swamped with work for the next few months so won't be able to work much on the website so it will be just 2 pages with links to tv shows and movies and I'll get it to all of you as is.

If you are interested in helping, get in touch.
My origenal message follows, and hopefully this updates properly this time.
Edit:
I am working on comparing jeffs tv shows page with bmmv, and saving shows those that aren't there on jeffs page.
Currently, letters A to L, letter R  and T to Z are done

I am working on S, Sid has said he is working on the letter R and backwards.
If you are working on compareing a letter, keep us informed here so that we don't duplicate our efforts.
Thank you.
My origenal message follows.

I am downloading all that I can have only reached the alphabet C so far, over 100gb  atm so seems impossible, but if any of you are willing to help or have the BMMMV tv shows already and are just missing a few get back to me and I will just download those instead of the whole thing so that we are able to have a complete collection.
After such a collection has been downloaded or gathered, I am willing to host it on a server (not a home server mind you) and either have direct links or torrent made out of the entire thing. (More on that later)
so that the collection is still available to all of us.
If you are willing to help, you can either start downloading from the back end that is Z, or instead of downloading just save the movies to your accounts. if you have pro accounts that would be far better too, as that way you can download even after the 15th dec. or share those links with me or the rest of us so that we can download instead.
to save to your account, you click on the tv show link, click on save to my account and click on the save button may need to change the name slightly,enter on the save button  and done.
Any takers? any ideas or anyone that has the entire collection already or most of it? I will await your replys.
Thanks.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up +3

2018-12-11 12:32:09 (edited by MSlion 2018-12-11 12:38:45)

I am also downloading a lot and am currently at the sorting stage. I do not know how to easely send you a list of what I have. but am very willing to share and enjoy! and if there is anything in particular post it so I can get it if that helps.

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 13:05:08

Hi,
Can anyone preserve the popular ones and leave out the rest?
This will make it easier for people who are falling short of available space to still be able to download and enjoy the shows, so far as the collection goes up to about a hundred gigs. perhaps, a repository would be ideal for those who want to download particular shows at their leisure. besides, there is a similar repository known as ray star's descriptive videos for blind available on ***, but I doubt its frequently updated and may contain old content. We might as well come up with a central place for people to share their collections as to avoid a lot of people trying to download the same content and yet not being able to download it all before 15th dec due to various reasons. they might as well be assigned certain alphabets to download so that a combined effort is made. I'm having a few of them plus about 400 gigs of collected movies, but they are not going down anytime soon from bmmv itself. any suggestions?

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 13:39:22

I think we should have a directer way of coordinating with the people who want to download before the 15th to make sure that everything is preserved. Skype maybe or other chat/call service?

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 13:49:15 (edited by sid512 2018-12-11 13:58:50)

Hi,
the bigger question at this point is, whether they are likely to remove sendspace files or just the listing from their site? I suppose some of the shows on there have already been deleted from sendspace as it gives download error.

edit: gryff, please check your pm. I wish I had more time to contribute but looks like life has other plans big_smile

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 15:06:25 (edited by Chris 2018-12-11 15:12:14)

I think downloading the Entire Movie Vault is impossible. I don't have the disk space to host it all. I suppose I could save it to my Sendspace Pro account, but I'm only planning to have Sendspace Premium for 30 days and they have a 100 GB bandwidth limit. I hate Sendspace so much! I'll list what I have thus far. My described movies/TV shows folder is about 90 GB.

I have 4 seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, 4 seasons of Being Human US, 5 seasons of Being Human UK, 9 seasons of Big Bang Theory plus season 1 season of Young Sheldon, 4 seasons of Black Mirror, season 1 of Camelot, 8 seasons of Charmed, 3 seasons of Daredevil, 10 seasons of Doctor Who, 5 of Sarah jane Adventures, 4 of Torchwood, 7 seasons of Game of Thrones, 3 seasons of Humans, season 1 of Inhumans, 2 seasons of Jessica Jones, 3 seasons of Legends of Tomorrow, 2 seasons of Luke Cage, 5 seasons of Merlin, 4 seasons of Orphan Black, Orville season 1, 3 seasons of the original Star Trek series, Star Trek Discovery season 1, 6 seasons of Star Wars Clone Wars, 2 seasons of Stranger Things, season 1 of The Defenders, season 1 of The Knick, season 1 of The Punisher, season 1 of The Walking Dead, 2 seasons of Travelers, season 1 of Trueblood, season 1 of The Twilight Zone, 8 seasons of Vampire Diaries, and 2 seasons of Wynonna Earp. Holy cow!

I'm missing seasons 2 and 4 of The Big Bang Theory, so if anyone has those, please send them to me.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 15:07:59

Hi.
Wow, that's quite the list and a lot of stuff I wanted to have anyway.
I am currently hunting down the other NCIS, CSI, Chicago fire seasons.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up +1

2018-12-11 15:35:18

Okay, I've just downloaded the other 4 seasons of True Blood and season 2 of The Knick to complete my collection for those shows. Now what?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 18:06:28

Hi,
I have about 135gb data downloaded by now lol, but yes I realise that its kinda impossible to do them all specially in 4 days. sheesh.
so I kinda give up
but I will still be willing to download any requests that people might have so send them my way or something.
If the links stay around though in any way or form, my aim over time is to download them all, and have a server based on donations shouldn't be much but if a few people contribute 10 each we should be good from what I have seen.
because all this stuff I had downloaded was on my external hdd my pc is a macbook pro lol 128gb ssd 1 usb pen drive 64gb 27 empty etc but I am sure you are not interested in all that
Sid and a few others shared this with me and it appears that both have the same sendspace links. however jeffs doesnt have the relatively newer shows such as a chilling adventure of sabrina? part 1. etc.
so what we all can do is find out shows that the bmmv has and this complation doesn't, and just download those. that should be achieveable I think. thoughts?
if the sendspace links are owned by bmmv and they throw them away, then we might be thrown on are arses but at this point there isn't much we can do.
Seriously frustrated at those guys.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up +1

2018-12-11 19:24:38

Sounds like a plan. I think it is important to create a database and try to keep it updated where possible.

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 22:47:01

hi,
as rightly said above, in case sendspace links go down, the whole compilation on jeff's site will be rendered useless. what we can do is make a centralized web form or something where people enter their requests so they can be tracked instead of the forum topics. also an alternative is to grab the notable shows and ignore the rare ones which are unheard of. there are shows with tens of seasons and whatnot else, but whatever is collectable I guess. as of sendspace, downloading 1 gig will take more than 3 hours if done without a pro account. but considering the fact that all the tv shows there are labled with "made for tv" genre, it might be relatively easy for them to remove the tv shows part altogether.
a huge disappointment though.

btw, I hope you guys grab shows like startrek, 24, ncis, csi, American dad, family guy, and other shows which are widely acknowledged.

regards.

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 22:56:00

Hi,
Without going into full detail here, the compilation on Jeff's site will not be useless, and Ray Stars will also not being going down. You guys, keep doing what you are doing as well as it may come in handy I think.
I now don't know what to make of this. I was hoping in the rules we could say to stick to various sources like the Vault, but that vault is about to lose a bunch of stuff. I still think we should allow, at least for the minute, direct linking to content, so @grif if you want to link to content, you can if it comes down to that. Even if it's a sort of temporary measure until people know where to go, and then the link gets removed from here perhaps. I think it's very important that we do not lose this stuff.

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 04:10:37

I am really trying to finish my collection of the Simpsons, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get them all before Saturday on just the 80KBPS connection and all of the hourly and daily limits. I was really hoping to get American Dad as well, but there doesn't appear to be time.
To whoever it was saying that they need seasons 2 and 4 of Big Bang, I have those, if I could figure out how to send them. My Dropbox is quite full, but I may be able to fit one at a time or something.

Stevie-3

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 05:25:51

There use to be a torrent with about 60 gig of described content.

It's most likely a dead torrent now, since that was about 5 or 6 years ago.

I'd suggest Resilio sync or BTSync as it use to be called, simply for the whole bandwidth thing.

I don't have the space, plus my collection is mainly stuff that I personally like.

Dropbox and I'm assuming, google drive, and any of those hosting services would restrict how much you can download from them, which is why I mentioned BTSync.

I know a lot of people don't find it easy to use BTSync, but I think it's probably the best option we have, plus, unlike a regular torrent, we can update it as needed.

You just need to pick who has full access, and make sure they know what they're doing, because I've seen folders in the past end up with all sorts of junk, all because someone didn't know what they were doing, or they were uploading crap for the hell of it.

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 05:36:07

Hi,
sid, There are only  4 days or so 3 now to go, so a centeralized tracking system would be too much.
when you say worth it, some maybe worth to you but not to me so that's rather subjective.
I believe I have the american dad downloaded as it falls under A alphabet. big_smile
But if there were any sendspace links down, I haven't gotten those.

At aaron and others,  my aim in the future  is to gather all of the tv shows, and if some people are willing to contribute new tv shows that pop out, to have a central place they can be gotten from.
It will have to be donation based though, that is people donate as and when they can, as I am not made of money here big_smile
From what I have seen it shouldn't be much though, as long as a few people contribute around 10 euros or some such we should be golden.

Stevie, I will try and get the shows that you want. but simsons alone is 24 seasons long so...
I have the big bang theory too btw.

I have a dayjob or I would have done or tried to collet these on my own, but as it is I am doing this in my free time.
so if people could do compare between BMMV and jeffs tv shows and send me which are different I could grab those first and the rest as time permits.
I will try and do them on my own, but if you are wanting to help, start with the longest, the letter T
Thanks.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up +1

2018-12-12 06:09:47 (edited by Josh 2018-12-12 07:48:50)

I have American Dad as well. I noticed that the seasons were mislabeled. Season 3 was labeled as season 2 on BMMV, all the way to the end.
Also, the link that purported to be season 1, but most likely held season 2, led to a file deleted error. Season 1 wasn't there at all. If anyone has American Dad! seasons 1 or 2, please let me know.
I also need seasons 2 and 4 of The Big Bang Theory and season 3 of Torchwood.

@Stevie-3
I'll see what I can do about The Simpsons since I enjoy the show and will be downloading it anyway, time permitting. Which seasons do you need?

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 07:03:02

Maybe if enough people petition them they might keep it up a bit longer so that everything can be downloaded? I mean the issue is that they don't want to keep hosting it, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind others getting it all before they get rid of it.

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 07:16:09 (edited by lightningdragon 2018-12-12 07:49:12)

I would like to have access to the following series: Game of Thrones,  Big bang theory,  Young Sheldon, how I Met your mother, Fraser, the office,   Doctor Who, Simsons, Family Guy, American dad,  all of the marvel shows like daredevil, in humans, Jessica Jones etc.,  DC shows like legends of tomorrow,  and any other superhero shows.
I would appreciate all your help.
Thank you

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 08:01:56

@Josh
I am currently downloading season 17 of The Simpsons, I have 1-16, I don't know if I'll have time to get the last few.

Stevie-3

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 08:05:56

I have all SImpsons and Game of Thrones on my system already. so you guys can count me in for those.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 08:36:26 (edited by grryfindore 2018-12-12 08:39:18)

Hi,
so I won't download the Simpsons, and other series criss has mentioned so far.

@zakc93, I would try but a company person or business that has a childish behavior similar to this I wouldn't expect much out of, given their track history what with the IP block etc, but I guess you never know.
a months fare worning would have been nice or their willingness to give someone access to the sendspace folder if any to someone else.

I will see what I can do for you, LD, most of those I have but if you want a show, tell me its name, I don't really have the time atm to research what's MC and what's DC smile
again, if someone is willing to compare the letter T of the blind mice tv shows against jeff and others as well and tell me what's missing, that'd be great.
just writing this in a break from my work lol.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up +1

2018-12-12 09:13:56

Hi all, I've got quite a collection of described TB shows, in fact, I've got 411 GB in TV shows, 271 GB in movies, 15 GB in kids movies and TV programs and 15 GB in documentaries. With a total so far of 714 GB of described content. I'll continue to downloads movies and anything else that is uploaded to the volt.

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 09:14:50

@grryfindore
Here is the list of marvel And DC shows I would like to have: daredevil season one and two, Luke Cage season one, Jessica Jones season one,  Iron fist season one,  punisher season one, agent of shield all seasons,   Marvels in humans,  and DC legends of tomorrow.  I apologize for not listing all the titles that I need.
Thanks for all your help.

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 15:11:09

Hi,
Sean-Terry01, that is wonderful.
if you could download what jeff's page doesn't have and you don't have but the valt does, you'd be doing us a great service.
I am done with letter T.
Someone wanting to take compirasion between jeffs page and bmmv page of any other letters?

LD mate, not a problem its just I don't really have the time to go through and read proper and figure out what's what sinse I am not into the super hero thing mostly, its hard for me to differenciate marvil and what was the other one again? see how it goes tongue
I will download the shows you have mentioned. please wait to get them though as all my download stuff is going to be a complete mess when it comes to names, so until I straighten that out.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up +1

2018-12-12 15:29:20 (edited by lightningdragon 2018-12-12 17:35:12)

@grryfindore,  please take your time, your help is appreciated.

I'm thinking of archiving the movies that I enjoy as well. as, who knows in the future blind mice might stop offering the described movies  and we will be in this mess once again.  So, if there is a movie that you guys enjoy, it's a good idea to archive it rather than relying on blind mice.

Thumbs up