2018-12-06 05:14:12

Hey everyone,
So I was finally catching up on some of Liam's streams and he has a fair amount of audiogame jam stuff. Maybe I am living under a rock, and if so feel free to let me know, but I have no clue what this audiogame jam thing is about. What is it? I guess an event for students to develop audio game prototypes?
This kinda reminds me of the experimental audio games, and there are a couple of those which I genuinely like and a handful more which I found interesting for one reason or another. I'm listening to some of Liam's streams and am getting much the same vibe. So what I'm most curious about is, if I like a game from a previous event, how can I play it now? And what should I do when the next event comes along so I can at least have a taste of the games?
Any answers are greatly appreciated!

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2018-12-06 06:09:11 (edited by Blind Sparrow Interactive 2018-12-06 06:10:25)

Taken directly from their web site: Audiogame Jam is a game jam to raise money for Royal National Institute for Blind people, a charity that provides help and support to people across the UK.

The URL to the most recent jam, number three, is http://jams.gamejolt.io/audiogamejam3

2018-12-06 06:27:24

Audiogame Jam is a Game Jam focused on audiogames, but game jams aren't just for students, they're for everyone! In the past few years Jams have become pretty popular out of the indie scene on places like itch.io, gamejolt, etc. Including some of the more well renowned ones like the Ludum Dare competition, Pyweek, Train Jam, etc. It seems like theirs dozens going on all the time these days.

Typically Jams are scheduled in advance where people can sign up, all rather loose, sometimes with prizes, sometimes not. A theme is chosen, and people have a limited amount of time to create a game around that theme. Afterwards the games are made available for everyone to play and vote on, its a great way to get your feet wet on coding, using tools, team building, and all kinds of things while also having a good time.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-12-07 05:41:13

I was wondering if the games from the first audio game jam are still available. I found the ones for two and three, and downloaded the ones I could, but I can't find the first ones.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-12-07 06:42:39

The first one seems to have gone under a different abbreviation, you can find the links for it on the Audiogame Jam main site [here].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-12-07 10:06:19

I'm so glad somebody asked this question.
I thought this was just a day-long event where people played audio games for prizes.
It really is an awesome idea!

2018-12-09 01:10:24

@5, thanks for that, I'll have a look. i'm curious about these games. A lot of them are pretty basic, but there are some great ideas scattered in there. Unlike the experimental audio games, all of the ones I've tried seem to run properly.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.