2018-12-07 17:12:12

Sounds like more of the same. Gimics and the like to bolster the game... I'm with Lirin on this one. Not exactly very excited.. the new Samurai Shodown has me much more hyped, even thouh we know less about it.
@21, they didn't address any accessibility issues other than to add a beep for interactables. That's litterally it.. so I can understand why people are skeptical. I am, too. They did nothin to address the accessibility in the gear system in IJ 2, which makes me think that they don't have accessible as much in mind as we might like to think. But any rate, we'll see what turns out... custom variations sounds like an attempt, like the gear system, to add shooter and rpg mechanics into a fighting game.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-07 17:21:59

did you guys contact them for accessibility? because in injustice 1 someone did and they added that.

2018-12-07 17:52:15

Here's a video where one guy describes the trailer a bit and shares his hypothesis what is going to be in the next Mortal kombat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6UXNkmnsfg

2018-12-07 18:03:46

Noone contact them. They met a blind player at a tournament which is probably the only reason they added that feature. Nothing new has been added to accessibility ever since. They're a multimillion dollar company... it's not like you're contacting just a small team. People should remember that. Dealing with corporations and indie teams is not the same. lol

2018-12-07 18:38:38

I am quite excited, we'll just have to wait and see.

2018-12-07 18:44:11

too bad nun of us goes to e3s and game awards so they could contact their owners big_smile

2018-12-08 04:04:59

Well, their games as Assault stated before were never accessible for us in terms of menus and gear system in Injustice 2 so I am not expecting anything new in this area. Basically what I am starting to realise is their games are turning in to something like a fighting game with more and more RPG elements and maybe not exactly RPG elements but things which are changing the gameplay drastically.
This is why I love and stick to the traditional fighters where everything is fair and yeah assault, I am waiting for new SamSho like a crazy. lol

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-12-08 04:34:06

k guys i've read the steam page and it says that you can costumize characters and make your own,
i think this means, that we cannot equip new weapons on our characters like raiden, but we can make new characters and equip them other weapons like mk armageddon.

2018-12-08 05:05:10

Nah not as excited for samurai showdown. Don't get me wrong the games are great, the music is absofrickenlutely amazing, heck I have the anthology on psp and wii, but the unlockables for snk games are mostly eye candy and they only sometimes dub their games which makes me feel any real connection to their more classic chars. Mk ftw for its more meaningful unlockable and story. Also guys, time is rebersing. Think about that.

2018-12-08 05:23:43

The custom "variations" appears to be cosmetic in terms of the costumes, from what I'm hearing. If this is indeed the case, that's good.

2018-12-08 06:46:21

So I gave some thought to this whole Custom Variations system. I on't think it's like Injustice 2 where you get a rather bare bones character to add stuff onto. I think it's really about custom character creation. The costume system is back. This is purely cosmetic. But I don't think this is a gear system repaint. And even so, I'm okay with that, because Gear wasn't really game breaking, but it made Injustice 2 pretty boring after a while to not be able to get any of it. MK11 should o pretty well in this regard, and if this game has a time travel character... it may not be too much of a stretch to say this will be the Smash Bros. Ultimate of the franchise. Think about it, with time travel, we can, 1, Save Liu Kang, 2, Make Shao Khan relevant, 3, get Baraka back finally! And 4, the most exciting: Every single guest character in the series in one shiny new DLC pack. I would love that. You can do Freddy VS Jason on Mobile, but not on the console.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-12-08 08:40:15

The Female Character she have something to do with the time travel. We'll wait and see what she can do.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2018-12-08 09:15:41

@34, if your priority is unlockables and stories, and not fighting mechanics, I can see why MK would be the fighting game for you. And you are basing your opinions o Samurai Shodown on the games before this one, which were released from the early 90s to the 2000s. How much do you think there was supposed to be in those games? even the first 3 MK games weren't chalk full of unlockables and story. To each their own, though. Core gameplay will always be more important to me than shiny extras that play over an average game.
@36, not to sound confrontational, but you honestly think the characters in IJ 2 were bare bones without adding on any gear? That says 2 possible things to me:
1. Either the game has too little substance at its core where characters are designed, and gear is required to give them substance.
or
2: You may not have learned the full abilities of all the charactes in the game and how they play.

I am goin to go with 1 as the answer, as that sounds like what you are saying... and that explains most of the NRS titles after MK 9. The core game, if al the extras and bonuses are taken away, isn't as impressive and doesn't quite stand on its own as a pure fighting game, but this is neither good or bad. But I don't want to highjack the topic and bring too much other than some healthy skepticism, so I'll leave it at that. But MK 11 will definitely be on my list, just not at the top, if the last two NRS titles have been any example. The combat simply isn't satisfying.

2018-12-08 11:20:34

Actually ss6 came out for the first time here in the states on that anthology and am pretty sure that came out after 2000. And its been a long time since 6 and no sequel between then and now so snk doesn't have a lot to fall back on in that particular franchise. I am not just basing my opinion purely on those early games either. I am familiar with their other works like kof, metal slug, fatal fury, world heroes etc etc and I have owned many a title of theirs too, so I can honestly say, based on their localization record, for example that they will likely not give the chars an english voice cast for this new release. As a blind non-native japanese speaker that is something I need to take into consideration. Is it any wonder why I only spent a half hour on snk's most recent king of fighters outing on ps4? Gameplay is only part of the package, other parts include lasting value and production value and after following snk for over 12 or so years now they tend to fall a little behind in the latter category. But all of this is way off topic. What is on topic is that mk 11 isn't a weapon based fighter and samurai showdown is, so I really can't put them together like this. So maybe I'm pretty psyched about samurai showdown after all but its not as big a priority for me right now because of the reasons I listed above and I still have soul cal to keep me busy, whereas I've finished mkx, and had my fill of street fighter 5 and injustice 2, so I'm so ready for a new mk! Plus I feel closer to this cast of characters anyway. Ask me about amakusa shyro or haomaru and I'd probably only be able to give you 1 or 2 sentences on each, but I can give you an essay for scorpion and sub-0 each, not because I don't care about the other, but because their in-game bios, stories etc isn't something I can learn during the course of gameplay, which is when I am the most engaged with the characters. So I still say, mk ftw!

2018-12-08 11:28:59

i don't think if jade is actually a time traveler, i think she is an elder god.

2018-12-08 13:12:06

So hyped for this. I hope it is like smash ultimate, loving that game by the way. I'm a huge fan of earning your unlockables through fights. I hope most of the cast will be in this MK game.

2018-12-08 13:30:54 (edited by hadi.gsf 2018-12-08 13:44:35)

I guess it's a bit too early to jump at nrs's throat but i pretty much agree with assault freak. injustice's gear system for example, is horrible. Although you could avoid it all together for competitive reasons, but still it is relevant because there are abilities in injustice 2 that you can equip and swap out, which i'm pretty sure  that aspect is coming to mk 11.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-12-08 13:38:53

Jade? Isn't she the same  girl in mk9? If not then i think they had to or have to rename that character. Anyways. I loved mortal combat all the time. I loved mkke when I first played it and probably the most important reason was the sounds being in stereo so i could hear where i am and where my aponent is. Then i loved mkX a lot! Because they made the stereo combat system even more blind friendly so I could find out easily how far my aponent is from me. I loved mkxl because its new characters, Specially jason. God jason really kicked ass with its awesome combos.
With all said about previous serees and the new character designer or whatever its called, I'm looking really really forward to new mortal combat game, and hoping for a better and longer storyline.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-12-08 15:25:52 (edited by assault_freak 2018-12-11 02:16:45)

@39, you're definitely right that SNK is definitely a little behind on production value... or at least were for awhile. But like I said earlier, to each their own. I will take a good fighting system with solid mechanics over a tripple A production with boring gameplay, because the lasting value for me is in the fighting, but I realize not everyone apreciates it. And I confess that as a Japanese speaker, even someone who isn't a native speaker, I take the lack of a dub as a given... because even with games that have language options I use the Japanese anyway as I'm at least fluent enough for most games. I've never stopped to apprreciate how many more possibilities that gives me in terms of game selection, but I suppose I should. I'm simply cynical about this title as I am with NRS every time they announce one, because I'm not a fan of the way they rely on gimicky extras and guest characters to sell their games, rather than on a solid fighting game with decent mechanics. There's a reason MK and IJ always last for only a couple of years on the professional level while Street Fighter and even KOF go for much longer. But this is definitely of-topic, so I'll stop rambling... I definitely will be followin this to see where it goes.

2018-12-08 15:45:43

@kianoosh it is the same jade, but i won't spoil things for you beat the tower with her and you'll know what it is big_smile

2018-12-08 16:38:41

assault_freak wrote:

@39, you're definitely right that SNK is definitely a little behind on production value... or at least were for awhile. But like I said earlier, to each their own. I will take a good fighting system with solid mechanics over a tripple A production with boring gameplay, because the lasting value for me is in the fighting, but I realize not everyone apreciates it. And I confess that as a Japanese speaker, even someone who isn't fluent, I take the lack of a dub for granted... because even with games that have language options I use the Japanese anyway as I'm fluent. I've never stopped to apprreciate how many more possibilities that gives me in terms of game selection, but I suppose I should. I'm simply cynical about this title as I am with NRS every time they announce one, because I'm not a fan of the way they rely on gimicky extras and guest characters to sell their games, rather than on a solid fighting game with decent mechanics. There's a reason MK and IJ always last for only a couple of years on the professional level while Street Fighter and even KOF go for much longer. But this is definitely of-topic, so I'll stop rambling... I definitely will be followin this to see where it goes.

I think I know why they do that. Games like SNK, Tekken, etc are hard to pick up for new players. If I picked up an SNK game and decided, hey, you know, this should be my first video game. I probably won't get anywhere with it. Whereas MK or IJ, you can just mess around and learn things.

I appreciate Skullgirls for its fighting system, but I spend more time trying to learn it than I do playing story or whatever, in tutorials.

2018-12-08 16:38:52

@38. If you play the first Injustice, then the second, it’ll look like the characters have way fewer moves to start out with in IJ2. Gear adds more of them. Or extends current ones.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-12-08 17:32:09 (edited by assault_freak 2018-12-08 17:54:35)

That may be, but the characters are far from bare bones without gear. Otherwise noone would play the game competetively... I've never once used any gear loadout online and find the characters to have just as much depth as they did before. More moves doesn't equal more depth. Like I said before though, differing opinions. That's fine... that's what thi topic is about ,discussion. lol

2018-12-10 00:54:57

hi everyone...
wait a second, jade does'nt appear in the trailer, the woman in the last image of it is not jade, some people especulate she could be the woman appearing in jade's mk9 ending, but jade herself doesn't appear in any way during the trailer. the only confirmed characters for now are dark raiden and scorpion.
i already preordered the premium edition of mk11. but my goal for this game is... aboid spoilers... i'm gonna watch the presentation on jan 17, 2019 but after that, i'll try to not read anything until i can actually play the game.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2018-12-10 02:19:19

Dear god the music in this trailer is hot garbage and just shat all over the presentation for me. Combine this with knowing that the new generation of kiddies that take selfies and shit like that are probably going to be the focus in this game and I'm left cold.

f

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.