2010-09-05 23:01:10

My DS30 is looking a little beat up. I got it back in 2007 and was wondering about the Zone H1. Is it a good replacement? The DM moddles from olympus also looks good, but a little pricy. I know this was brought up before but can't remember where...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2010-09-08 15:04:59

if you saying free, put google on"free audio recorder" enjoy!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-09-09 22:20:01 (edited by cw 2010-09-09 22:21:21)

I don't think I can get a Audio recorder that fits in my pocket for free. I'm looking for a good replacement for my DS30. I'm not going to find one for free. One of the reasons I started this topic is to see what recorders others has used and how well it worked for them. The DS30 is a "DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER". I know I can install software on my PC and or Ipod touch to record, but I'm not looking for that salusion at this time, unless it is as good and as small as my DS30. I know I asked about one or two different recorders because of the fact they looked pretty good.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2010-09-10 13:30:51

put on google to ds 30

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-09-10 15:13:39

I could get another DS30, and I might, but I'm also looking for something with a little more memory. I have three classes in a row and I would like something with planty of room to hold all the audio. The DS30 is a nice recorder, but things get a little tight when you are wanting to record more then 4 hours of good audio before you get back to the computer to move the recordings off. The DS30 is an olympus moddle and does quite well for what it does. A review of the zone H1 can be found here and one review of the DM4 can be found here.

DropBox Referral

2010-09-12 10:09:33

CW,
I've just got my hands on an H1, and I can't praise it well enough. Mics are fantastic especially with the windscreens attached which I currently don't have, very accessible owing to the fact that it doesn't have any menues, very compact, and for the price, it's amazing.
I'm going to do a voicepost using it today, so I'll post the link here if you want.

2010-09-12 14:10:56

Is the buttons hard to find? Are they blended in to the recorder?

DropBox Referral

2010-09-24 01:03:22

OK. I have order the zoom h1 from amazon. If it doesn't arive at an reasonable amount time I will ordered from somewhere else. The stario on it seems to be better then my DS30. Anyway, the right side of the mike on my DS30 seems to have gone. So it is about time to replace it before the whole thing goes and the zoom h1 looks good enough. hopefully it will record the classes I want to record. thanks for those files elliott. They helped.

DropBox Referral

2010-09-24 04:03:00

how much is the H 1?

2010-09-24 14:47:18

When I googled for the price,I saw $99. pretty good I must say. After listening to the audio review made by elliot I thought it would be something over 200USD or such.But again I Don't have enough exppirience with the priceing of the audiorecorders.I used a few just for fun and such,their recording was not that good,and they cost me more.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2010-09-24 15:13:46

If I'm reading the info right, I think the price will be more. you are right to some degree grryfindore. Something like this would be closer to $200, but you also got to find the ones that are werth that amount. the olympus recorders are ok for the price that they charge, but the zoom h1 recorder looked like a better one for the price.

DropBox Referral