2018-12-05 15:44:30

Hello everyone,
So I've been on a Marvel hype train lately, and I was wondering if there were any sites where I could buy either readable text-based Marvel comics or audio comics? holefully the are, but I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-12-05 15:49:23

Uncannyxmen.net use to have a large collection of issue summaries. Some writers would more or less transcribe most of it, while others would just write a couple sentences, so it's kinda luck of the draw how much detail you're getting. I think it was fairly rare for one of these summaries to exceed the amount of detail you'd get from an Atop the Fourth Wall review, but a4w focuses on bad comics, where uncannyxmen.net was more thorough.
I haven't checked UXN in a while, though, so it's possible that resource has been reduced since.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-12-05 16:23:45

Thank you very much. I was also able to find
mightyavengers.net
which is an affiliate site. Thanks again!

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-12-05 18:07:00

Hi,
Graphic Audio sell some marvel things, like Civil War. I think these cost around £10 internationally, and that one's around 4 hours of content. They also sell audios based on the new Captain Marvel as well, and there is also Days of Future Past, and some others too! Don't forget their dc comics series either!

2018-12-05 21:15:22 (edited by CritterPup 2018-12-05 21:17:54)

I am THE Marvel guru so... you’ve come to the right place. Wikipedia often does issue summaries. They don’t have the text of the issue itself but it’s highly detailed. As Aaron said, Graphicaudio, ALL of their books are based on actual comics. Avengers VS X-Men is stunning, Venom: Lethal Protector comes out next week. I stockpiled my knowledge with ComicVine, a website easily findable if you, say, search Captain America (Character) Comic Vine in Google. Also, Comicstorian and VariantComics on Youtube do fantastic work. ComicsExplained is okay but he’s a bit rambly. WhatCulture Comics does fun stuff, and Watchmojo.com has some comics lists. If you’d like to chat Marvel, my skype is Theghostrider132. I’m always looking for fellow Marvel nerds.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-12-13 10:26:31

Mitch, any luck? Just checking back to see if you've gotten what you wanted.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-12-13 16:59:18

Yes, I have,  though I'm waiting until Christmas to purchase the GraphicAudio titles. Thank you again for all of your help.
I also found this really interesting adaptation of the X-Men comics on Youtube. Don't know how closely it  is to the source materials, but it's there.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … tFYabR_cKd

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-12-13 19:57:50

I extend my invitation for you to message me again. I'd love to talk comics with you. My skype is theghostrider132. If you don't have that means of communication, let me know.

2018-12-13 22:45:25

I've replied to your PM.