2018-12-05 00:09:07

Hi:
Can any Entombed players help out here? I'm trying to figure out how to resurect one of my party, a dwarf fighter paladin. I really don't want to start a whole new game this early,I'm heading down to the fifth floor.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-12-05 08:27:54

You need to just hope for a reincarnation scroll to go on sale in the town's general store, unless you happen to have a druid in your group who can do it. If you can charm via scroll or spell and you run across an enemy druid, you may be able to get them to do it for you... But maybe only if you drop the corpse first. A tavern quest could do it too but it's unlikely... I think they can also show up as random pickups sometimes as well so search all floors completely.
If  you have some unidentified scrolls that can't be identified, try using them on the corpse, then reloading from the previous save so you don't waste them.
You could let an enemy lightning spell zombify the corpse, or summon bones with a scroll if you don't have a necromancer in your party, but they won't last very long and can't be healed.

When reincarnating, don't save if it's not a good reincarnation, instead reload to get another, that way if it sucks you won't be stuck with a cave bat or dungeon creep or some crap LOL.

2018-12-05 18:23:06

I started playing Entombed again some days ago and it reminded me why I really liked and still like this game. The only things are the occasional bugs, which recently annoyed the hell out of me! This also relates to the reincarnate scroll:

So, there I was on the 25th floor and my necromancer died, but the skeleton he raised was still alive (pun intended).
So I reincarnated my necro, but apparently the game didn't like that my necro died before his minion. So after the skeleton got killed, Entombed just crashed without any error messages. So I just could not finish the final battle because the skeleton was in pretty bad shape before it's master's reincarnation. I had no other choice that to start from the beginning and as you can probably imagine, it really pissed me off! LOL