2018-12-04 01:00:47

Hello,

I was wondering if there are accessible versions of the chinese chess game. I find a lot of accessible versions of the normal western chess game. My chinese is not good engough to search in chenese webshops..... maybe someone can help here.

In general there are not so much games for adult people who are blind. Does someone know a webshop that cells other games than classic: monopoly, checkers, tic tac toe, uno......?

thanks
regards

2018-12-04 01:42:54

An interesting question. There seems to be a 2 player version of accessible Chinese Checkers [here] for 13.95$, also a list of some accessible boardgames [here], unfortunately the chinese checkers appears to be discontinued.

I've also come across a few boards on Amazon, what you could try doing is getting boards with wooden balls like [this], or pegs like [this], and deliberately mark the the pieces with a cutting tool so you can tell them appart.

Thinking about it, 3D Printing would probably be a good way to make a lot of these boardgames accessible by quickly and cheaply fabricating custom pieces. If you have a makerspace in your area with a 3D printer, consider paying them a visit and see if they can put something together.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-12-04 02:25:23

*debates whether this should be in general game discussion*

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2018-12-04 10:18:07

There is an accessible chinese chess game found at
www.py198.com

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-12-05 18:24:26

Hello,

Can you post the direct link to the chinese chess board?

2018-12-05 22:08:57

http://scwl.bj.bcebos.com/scqp/Win/SCGameSetup.exe
Keep in mind that the game is in Chinese.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2018-12-06 09:46:50

Hello,

Sorry, maybe my question was not so clear.
I am searching for the real game like on a real board not a computer game.
Do you kknow a webshop that sells chinese chessboards and shipps international?

Regards

2018-12-06 14:40:16

Ah OK, I can try and search