2018-12-02 19:51:54

Hello.
You probably know LYXL, don't you?
It's a story-driven chinese MMORPG game set in the east-fantasy universe.
Some days ago, a new server has been opened with lots of new content in regard to the previous one.
If you've donated to the game before, switching servers will return all your premium currency you've ever used in the game.
For me it was a good reason to start over when I am more experienced in the game than before.
Enough rambling, here's the link
https://bj.bcebos.com/v1/scwl/lyxl/Win/LyxlSetup.exe

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-12-02 20:04:33

are their English translations for the game?

2018-12-02 20:07:23

I kinda want to make the switch, my concern is though am I gonna have to start over again from level 1 if I transfer my character over?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-02 20:16:58

2. No, there aren't
3. Yeah, exactly. You start from level 1.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2018-12-02 21:05:58

It's always at times like these when I wish those chinese devs were a little more aware of international markets, just like the rotk team has been. I really wish these MMOs were translated ,because they're the only audio MMOs we really have. My problem isn't that they aren't translated, it's more the time it takes for you to translate just one line. Any chinese player would get bored of internationals taking their turn pretty quickly.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-12-02 21:30:13

What's the new content?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-12-02 21:44:47 (edited by JLove 2018-12-02 21:46:45)

How do we translate them?  Here's to wondering if theoretically JGT could be modified to include Chinese.

2018-12-02 22:32:54

He's refused to do it, for some reason... Even though it would be massively useful. I wish he'd hand it over to someone who would be more willing. I don't know the technical details but, I'm guessing it would be a big undertaking for a free product for what ever reason... So as the guy has a family and is still probably recovering from AHC I guess I can understand, even if I don't like it.

2018-12-02 23:56:52

Connor, it is definitely possible and not so time-taking.
The new content? Mostly new activities
How to translate? You must have QTranslate, clip reader and say tools.

2018-12-03 00:51:41

@4
Yeah... thought so. I'm kinda tempted to do it, just so I'm not playing on a partially dead server, I assume most people made the jump... but if they're just gonna keep messing around every few months, why bother trying long term? lol

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-03 00:59:41

Are the activities different on the servers? Not from what I saw.... there doesn't seem to be much reason to change from the existing one. lol Unless I just haven't played enough yet. And characters don't transfer over.. you simply create a new one.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-03 05:31:19

hi
if i have saytool do I have to translat line by line or they to auto say when I  translate?

2018-12-03 09:09:51

Hi.
I find the game cool, but I wish the developers were more open to the international market. So I won't start playing again until that changes. Sounds like they are having enough players, so I pass...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-12-03 11:14:51

The new server has been opened because the game is having an overhaul.
There are some new high-level activities.
@SLJ, with this attidude, nothing will change smile.

2018-12-03 12:27:10

hello, @slj, i'd agree with you fully. I tried that game, bleh.

2018-12-03 12:43:26

hello, is there a guide for how to play this game in english?  i've got all the tools you told above but i don't know how to play it in english. damn i wish we had chinese for jgt

2018-12-03 19:13:44

There is a topic here that I did with two demos I recorded demonstrating basics.

As for passing on this game unless developers change their mind, that won't change anything at all. The only way to get them even interested is for people to play the game, contact them, or best of all, do both.

2018-12-04 08:51:08

I know nothing will change with this attitude, but we have tried to contact the developers, right? They weren't openminded and won't open up for any kind of translation. For me, they have the attitude that they are having enough players already, and don't wanna go through the trouble with players who don't speak Chinese.
The situation would have been totally different if they were a bit openminded. But with this attitude, I have lots of other awesome games to play. smile
However, I'm glad you enjoy playing the game. I'll admit the game is amazing!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-12-04 09:01:05 (edited by assault_freak 2018-12-04 09:01:54)

First off, we've only tried contacting them once, and that was only one person. You also have to remember that this game unlike ROTK, is not developed by a bunch of independent people... the people behind this game actually work for a company developing blindness products. So that needs to be taken into consideration. And boycotting the game without trying it first is selling yourself short, in my opinion. I view this the same way as I view mainstream games. Most of the developers behind the games I play don't care about accessibility, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't play them. But that's all opinion, obviously.. I can't convince anyone, and that won't be my goal. But I do think everyone should at least give the game a decent chance. Even sighted people play untranslated mainstream games, long as there's a guide for it somewhere.

2018-12-04 09:12:18

I will try to contact them once more. The game is worth playing and translating IMO.

2018-12-04 09:29:15

Good luck. I don't think you will get anywhere though just by contacting them on your own. Unfortunately, the problem with a lack of translation is a lack of players interested in it. 10 people just won't cut it... which is why more people have to play the game, or at least tell the developers they're interested. But as they're an actual company...

2018-12-04 09:30:40

Oh yeah, there's progress.
Actually, we'll be able to buy premium currency using Paypal. I will test it to check if it actually works and I'll post the recording of me recharging.

2018-12-04 16:39:09

When did this happen? Nothing about that was anounced.. did you actually manage to contact them after all?

2018-12-04 17:08:36

I bought it, I received my stuff after transaction so great

2018-12-04 17:46:22

Hi.
@Assault_freak: I haven't boycotted the game without having tried it. My old character were in level 40 on the old server, and I completed a lot of quests. So I played it a lot. smile

Best regards SLJ.