2018-12-01 12:13:50

We, at myTrueSound (Finland), are very happy to announce that "GoldGun, the adventure of a blind policeman", will be launched next 31st January 2019.
After few demos and few months of hard work we are getting kinda ready.
Betatesting process is going well.

The game is a cinematic experience (no graphics though) implemented with our own augiogame engine IMAGE (but we talk about that software other day). On the game, you will play through a series of 7 episodes the adventures of Soren, a blind policeman fighting against all sorts of criminals operating in the deepweb.

more info in this site, at www.mytruesound.com, and at other social media channels
Stay tuned. More updates to come.
thanks for liking, sharing, following!

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2018-12-01 12:20:33

hello, what will be the cost of this game?

2018-12-01 12:28:21 (edited by david_oliva 2018-12-01 12:34:33)

the game will cost 2.5 €
we will offer some demos for free...but without incomes we are not able to create more

2018-12-01 12:28:29

will be this game free or paid

2018-12-01 12:47:56

It will be payed, although I don't know the Price. I think it's worth paying for it.

73 Wj3u

2018-12-01 12:59:42

Thank you @electro
We also think it will be worth paying for each episode. Many people has put a lot of passion, work, energy and effort on it. And the script and game mechanics are pretty cool.
We really think there is a future for #audiogames, but without incomes, we won't be able to ever grow and bring more games into your mobile devices.

2018-12-01 13:14:04

Are you going to make any demo version.
I dont like to purchase a game without testing this before.

2018-12-01 14:31:51

@David this sounds cool. I assume when you say "ap stores" you mean Ios and android?

one question I do have is about the action in the game. The name "golden gun" implies action, but your talk of "episodes" sounds sort of audio adventure style, making choices to progress through a story etc.

I'd be interested to know how much of one or the other is involved with the game, particularly since at the moment while new interactive audio adventures are always welcome, the number of audio action games for hand helds is not what it used to be what with several games falling off the ap store thanks to Apple's  of backward's compatibility or care for what customers might have actually bought.

Some words bout the game's focus and mechanics therefor might be interesting, I'd love an audio version of  time crisis or virtual cop big_smile.

@mojsior, David Oliver already answered your question in post 3.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-12-01 14:57:15

Yeah, so it will be iOS only probably

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-12-01 15:11:19

will there be a PC version? the only episodic game we have for PC is code 7, it'd be awesome if the game was released for PC too

2018-12-01 16:20:16

mojsior wrote:

Are you going to make any demo version.
I dont like to purchase a game without testing this before.

We are not sure about that. Most probably not...
We also like playing, and we believe the price is fair. It costs less than an ice-cream. But it is your call.

2018-12-01 16:20:50

AlirezaNosrati wrote:

will there be a PC version? the only episodic game we have for PC is code 7, it'd be awesome if the game was released for PC too

Game is for iOS and Android

2018-12-01 16:21:18

nuno69 wrote:

Yeah, so it will be iOS only probably

We do both, iOS (sure), but also Android

2018-12-01 16:31:55

Dark wrote:

@David this sounds cool. I assume when you say "ap stores" you mean Ios and android?

one question I do have is about the action in the game. The name "golden gun" implies action, but your talk of "episodes" sounds sort of audio adventure style, making choices to progress through a story etc.

I'd be interested to know how much of one or the other is involved with the game, particularly since at the moment while new interactive audio adventures are always welcome, the number of audio action games for hand helds is not what it used to be what with several games falling off the ap store thanks to Apple's  of backward's compatibility or care for what customers might have actually bought.

Some words bout the game's focus and mechanics therefor might be interesting, I'd love an audio version of  time crisis or virtual cop big_smile.

@mojsior, David Oliver already answered your question in post 3.

Thanks @Dark !
We will tell a lot about the game in the future, but for now I will try to answer your questions:

The episodes is part of our plan to survive. If we would try to do a super long game, we would never get it done on time before we loose motivation and/or team walks away. We decided to split it in episodes, and put them on the market as soon as they get done. At the end, it is up to the players how many we do.

The game is a 1st person role play game, in theory. As we proceed in the episodes there will be more and more action minigames, and the story will also open up. We have built our own audio game engine (I will talk about that another day on another topic if that's ok), so we can actually do many things, and we need to test them bit by bit.

About the game mechanics we prefer not to talk yet, but they work well. Betatesters are giving quite ok feedback about them. We just don't want anybody to criticize them on here before even testing them

In the future, we have more games to come. Two completely different games are already on the pipeline, and they will be launch late spring. But about those we can't yet talk. We are going to try our best though.

2018-12-01 16:39:23

Will their be a survival mode?

2018-12-01 16:51:45

The Episodic structure is more common in Indie games, these days; see FNAF, Bendy and the Ink Machine, almost certainly others I've heard of and forgotten. Small studios seem to be using this model lately to get around the problems with a small studio getting funding for an unknown project that would take years to complete if attempted in a single burst.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-12-01 16:52:37

Erick wrote:

Will their be a survival mode?

No. Survival mode comes in the second game that we will launch later on Spring 2019, but that is a different story that we will talk on other posts.

However, as the game goes forward and we launch new episodes, including more action games within the episodes, you can go back to those and play them again. But let's see how do we get that working. Everything now feels too exciting and scary at equal parts.

2018-12-01 19:09:19

This is a fair price for a game of this type. I am glad there is so much work going into a game and there are plans to grow the business. You're correct that without funding you can't really grow. To make a serious audiogame requires funding.

2018-12-01 21:52:18

I'm quite surprised no one has asked this yet but...
Is it in English?

2018-12-01 23:31:51

If it isn't, I'm sure there are ways on iOS and Android to auto-translate for you.

Also, you can check this link. It looks like localization is near automatic.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/205 … t-language

If all that fails, I'm sure they wouldn't mind your help to help them translate it.

2018-12-01 23:47:01 (edited by david_oliva 2018-12-02 00:32:01)

defender wrote:

I'm quite surprised no one has asked this yet but...
Is it in English?

Yes, it is in English, and it is done with real voice actors (no electronic voices this time smile

It includes so much dialogues that we can't yet do it on other languages....although in theory it would be quite easy if we find the right voice actors. Episode 1 includes six actors, and it scales bit by bit on the next episodes as the plot advances and gets complicated. Also, as episodes advances, challenges grows and required actions become more and more complicated and long.

2018-12-01 23:58:30

Definitely will be waiting for that.

2018-12-02 04:30:35

cool! how many episodes are planned and how many are done already but not released?

2018-12-02 07:48:42

how long is an episode to complete? the first one you release, how long will it take to complete?

2018-12-02 09:31:13

defender wrote:

cool! how many episodes are planned and how many are done already but not released?

7 episodes of GoldGun are planned.
one is done
second is on the oven
2 different types of games are also on the pipeline...but we need more time before we can talk about them

the good thing about the game engine we have done (its called IMAGE which is acronym of Immersive Audio Game Engine) is that it enables us to make the audiogames faster than with traditional games engines like Unity. (We are planning to publish some posts about that in few weeks). We expect, if we grow a bit, that we could publish as fast as one episode a month. That would be cool. And sure we are open to publish different types of stories.