2018-11-29 19:47:00

hello,
one of my friends tolled me to start with c sharp because he said it is verry easy to pick and learn
er, lol i forgot to say that i'd like to become a software engineer in the feuture tongue
so what do you guys think, should i start with that, or a diffrent lang?

2018-11-29 19:50:21

It depents. The catch is to grasp and like C-like syntax. You will be ok afterwards.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-11-29 22:48:50

it doesn't matter which language you choose as long as you understand it and his concepts.
Even though there are high level languages (which are easier to learn) like c# and low level languages which are more difficult due to more complex concepts, such as c++.

Paul

2018-11-30 02:42:51 (edited by haily_merry 2018-11-30 02:55:06)

If you’re coming from a bgt standpoint i’d recommend c# or just strate up angelscript which was written in c# and was used as the base for bgt if memoryserves.

2018-11-30 05:26:14

@4, angelscript was written in C++, not C#. Either C# or C++ is probably your next best bet compared to BGT. Python, also, might be another good one.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-30 09:43:19

Ah, my bad.

2018-11-30 13:16:53 (edited by kianoosh 2018-11-30 13:17:44)

My language after learning bgt was C#. It's really easy, If you really get into it. For some reasons which i'm not gonna say here because might be out of topic I left C#. Ok. Speaking of angel script, Could anyone tell me how that thing works? Or if there's a manual for building it, Honestly i have no clue how to do it and the sintax looks really easy

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-11-30 22:33:37

yeah what is angelscript?

2018-11-30 22:40:30

Angelscript is an embedded scripting language (that I find incredibly hard to use) that you can use to make scripting possible in your C++ applications. It is also the scripting language that BGT uses.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-01 16:05:43

Na. It's easier when you compare it to game development with C++ itself. Although there's not a good manual for compiling it for someone who is still new to C/C++.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-12-01 19:51:14

The good thing of C sharp is that it is the language used on Unity. If you look for a professional career on the game industry, it is a good option. But as it has been appointed before, the point is to understand the logic of coding. Once you master it, it is easy to move from language to language. good luck!

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2018-12-01 21:15:22

@10, no, angelscript is hard to use IMO. I'd prefer something more well-known like Lua with the Sol2 wrapper than Angelscript.

My Github

2018-12-02 11:46:46

ANYONE KNOW A FREEBOOK OR SOMETHİNG TO START?
OR an online course or somehting

2018-12-02 19:51:31

Yes, there is a wealth of information on C-Sharp because it's such a mainstreamed language. Microsoft themselves have overhauled much of their documentation as of late.

This tutorial looks good: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/csharp/