2018-11-12 00:20:45

@25, I don't do XAML. Usually though when you do that, it adds it. Tab around the form -- you'll find it. Then pres f4 to modify its properties, or enter to add an event handler. To view XAML, go to the solution explorer, locate the form you want to modify, expand the node, and find the .xaml in there.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-12 11:31:41

Oh yeah, f4, that was shortcut I was lacking. Thanks once again!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-11-14 15:30:51

How's it technicaly posible to write an MMO in C#? Is this language good for it? I ask, because I started to like it.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2018-11-15 21:28:09

Hi,

I seriously dislike those questions, because the answer mostly depends on the capabilities of the user/programmer. As long as you can find libraries which extend the language to support the features you like (like sound and music playback, joystick controlling and more), you can do it in almost any language, as long as you take care of the performance.
So yeah, its sure possible to build a mmo rpg with it, but don't expect yourself to be experienced enough to try and get the best results from the get go if you're just new and still quite unfamiliar with the language. In fact, mmos are probably one of the most complicated games you can attempt to build and will confront you with serious problems you probably won't be able to tackle yet. But own experience teaches best, so simple try to find your way into the jungle of C# libraries and see what you can do on your own and judge by your own results.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2018-11-16 11:59:25

Can someone help me with the visual designer? I cannot get it to work, I prfess CTRL alt X and when the miracle happens, and I am able to select the control I want to use, what should I do?

2018-11-19 11:05:43

OK, Now I come with another question: is learning from other peoples' source good practice? I look up project which I might consider writing myself and I read the codes.

2018-11-19 14:42:22

Hi there,
thats a tricky question. I believe that you need to learn from other people to get into programming, because you cannot (and should not) reinvent the wheel.
You should however be cautious about what practices you consider good or bad, and whos source you're reading. It's always nice to learn new techniques, but only because those techniques are new to you doesn't mean that they are new to the community or to the language itself.
Best example is C#, about which we're talking here. C# developed multiple asynchronous programming patterns over time, at least 2, if not even more. All of them have their right to exist, even though you, as a newbie, should attempt to use the latest one only in your projects (if not forced to use an older one), just because the new ones get the best support and have the best performance.
The thing is, programming is a tricky topic, there are always multiple ways to solve things, and there are elegant but stupid ways, as well as tricky but fast ways, and there are ways that look cool, but are just ugly. In the end, you don't have the knowledge yet to decide which way is right or wrong, so all I can say is:
TL;DR:
If you consider truely learning programming, it will take several years to become even considerably good in your favourite languages, because by learning from others, you will deffinitely encounter some pitfalls on your way, which will confuse and disrupt you, but you will overcome them and learn from your (and the others) mistakes and become better each day, little by little. Learning is good, but don't take everything you read as granted, think about it and if it will really improve your workflow or if you should prefer to dig deeper into the topic first before adapting it to your own needs.
And finally, ask questions if you are unsure, so advanced people can help you with the best possible solution.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2018-11-19 16:08:54

Thanks @hijacker.
Now another questions: does c# have any real advantages over PureBasic, which I was learning before I needed to learn C# in school? I ask, because I don't know if I should invest more time in C# than I do now.

2018-11-19 20:54:32

Hi,
It has loads of them.
First, its free, that ultimately results in a larger community with greater experience. Its more or less platform-independent, since Mono for Mac/Linux can interpret most .Net assemblies. As far as I know, PureBasic can only run on Mac apart from Windows.
C# gets developed by Microsoft, you can't probably get a better maintainer for a product, you can't find more experts anywhere except when looking on the other big players like Apple or Google,, the update cycle is fast enough, you'll get new features regularly and there are much more libraries available for C# than for PureBasic.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2018-11-19 23:22:49

AH yeah, true that. But still, I cannot use stuff like FMOD or Direct X from what I've researched. I don't say I have enough knowledge to use them instantly now, but it's good to know if I will be able to use them in the future.

2018-11-20 00:39:16

Hi,

of course you can do that. FMOD just allows any language which allows external libraries to access it, so C# works without any problems, and DirectX got .Net bindings for DirectX already, even though I wouldn't use it, it isn't cross platform, but if you want to use it, go for it with SharpDX vor example. Thats the library Three-D Velocity uses.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2018-11-28 22:27:25

Hey, quick question: how can I secure my codes? I started to use C# more as time goes, but I am concerned about security of my codes, not that I think that they can be useful but anyway I want them to be secured.

2018-11-28 22:56:39

You'd need to obfuscate them, or not use .NET at all. Dotfuscator can do that for you.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-29 10:29:01

Thanks @ethin.
Now, I have a kinda weird problem. I get lots of errors in this string: 1010, 1002 and some other errors which assume I try to use variables when I don't.
string FileContents = @"[playlist]
Number of entries=1
File1="+StationAddress+":"+StationPort+"
Title1 = "+StreamName+"
            Length1 = -1
                Version=2";

2018-11-29 19:50:59

OK, the error has been fixed.

2018-12-25 11:54:59

Hello!
I have a problem with xamarin. I cannot use the toolbox to to select controls which I like to add. What should I do?

2018-12-25 14:15:29

Hei nuno69

One good point about C# is that it is used on Unity for doing games. Sure you know, good programmers are difficult to find, and they are normally well paid. Unity is however expanding its action further than just for gaming, so I think start learning now is a good future investment. However, as others have appointed before, learning a language as a Pro takes years. I think it is important to concentrate on one, but on the other hand, those people that can code in any language are just amazing. Language is just a way of communication with the computer. The most important is the ability to talk, e.g. how efficient your code is whatever the language is, and how you solve the problems

Good luck and Best regards
david

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference