2018-06-18 19:40:21

Sounds great! got the message on my ipad a little bit ago.

Could you give us a few more details on what is out special in 3.0? I know the app store says but just hyping it here with some detail couldn't hurt either. Tell us a bit about some of these new features.

Been playing the game a lot lately, and still loving it, glad there is even more to do now.

2018-06-20 05:06:18

Hello all. Is anyone having a problem in the latest version where someone would invite you into a game and you tap on it from the notification, and it will take you somewhere completly random and unrelated to that notification? There is no way to see it ever again after clicking on that notification. Second, nothing but my activity is appearing on my home screen. I see nothing appearing. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2018-11-25 08:13:01

hello all, was just getting in as the creators haven't done it yet to tell you guys that a new version of the game has come out and its name has changed. It is now called "Game world" and it has some new features. It also allows for more direct commenting on the accomplishments of others and getting  into games is now faster as well as it seems to have better server support.

I have to say I am not sure why they changed their name as "Game World" has much less MFFF to it than "Huboodle" did. That said, they seem to still be wanting to add more content to the game which I hope to see in the future and if they do not mention it here, I will do so.

2018-11-25 15:08:33

The db entry is already changed name wise, though I confess the only difference I've seen thus far is that I was finally! able to register a name and email address, you can now find me on there as dark tenor.

I would guess they changed the name to game world to match dice world, which also now has a db page, though I was always wondering what Huboodle actually meant.

boodle used to be an old term for loot  or stash I believe, EG I remember in John Masefield's story Box of delights, when the evil wizard/thief's henchmen run off with all his jewels they tell him as they go "got the boodle!"

But  why huboodle I don't know exactly.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-25 16:14:09

Just curious, any news for those like me who do not have an iphone?
I played diceworld and it is nice, but I really want to play the other games too smile

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-11-25 17:54:28

Yeah still waiting on an android release

2018-11-25 17:59:28

as for Huboodle, I think it was a mix of the words "hub" and "Kiboodle." There is an expression, not sure if they have it in England or other English-speaking countries. That was "The whole Kit and Kiboodle." which was an expression meaning "absolutely everything."

And hub is of course because the app was a game hub. Game world just sounds way too generic for me and even though huboodle might have been a little less decipherable, it had character that game world does not.

2018-11-25 18:38:25

I believe some of their individual games are out for android, EG I think there is an android release of word war and I know word builder is out for Android as word rescue, though there isn't a full android release as yet.

Yes, the phrase ""The whole Kit and Kiboodle." does exist in England, but its a pretty archaic one and not one you'd hear now, still agree with you on game world, if they were going to change the name they should've called dice world Diboodle" big_smile.

I also did notice that the word war mod for battle cats seems to have gone too, though obviously since both games are the same I don't think anything was lost.

In general, while I'm afraid I'm not %100 sure on what has been changed in the new update other than the name, I will say I'm pleased that I could now create an account with a propper user name and email. its let  me finally buy the extra word search categories. This is something I've been wanting to do for quite some time now, both to support the devs and to play them.

Oddly enough the last word search I played also had diagonal words in even though I turned them off in settings which was strange, it also meant I lost a hole bunch of time too.

But so it goes.

I would love to see more board games myself, as well as some rule varients for Ludopoluser, as  I do quite enjoy backgammon style games.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-25 19:15:17

most of what was done in the last update was some format changing, nothing big. Also you can shift between 1 and 2-player games if you so choose from the big game list rather than having to go into the games proper. You also can both like and also easily leave comments on player activity in the activity feed rather than just liking them and your statistics are up on the top in their own little tab rather than being down with the games, social, and friends tab and such,.

2018-11-25 19:16:26

also, sorry for the double post but want to do it quickly. the elimination of word war is very old news and happened over six months ago.

2018-11-25 20:24:01 (edited by Dark 2018-11-25 20:24:42)

As my bluetooth keyboard is six years old and doesn't work with my Iphone 8 apparently, I really don't do social on my phone since typing with the on screen keyboard is such a  pest for anything longer than a quick search word or input, and Siri's dictation can be a wee bit hit and miss, so I've never really used many of the social functions, though i have played the odd two player game of both huboodle and diboodle big_smile.

2018-11-27 01:41:51

Okay I'm getting really pissed off with these diagonal words.
The setting is "off" in my settings but I keep getting them anyway.

I've tried turning the setting on and I still get them, and I've tried exiting the settings with "save" and I still get them.

They're a total pain and make the word search puzzles far harder than they should be, mostly because I tend to hit the wrong part of the screen when I'm tracking diagonal letters, so I'd really like to turn them off.

2018-11-27 02:15:55

there's a support e-mail you can send to that you can get in the submit feedback part of one thing. If you can't do it on your phone, send one from your standard computer e-mail and then send a corresponding bit via the support report thing you can send them from the game to tell them of this problem.

2018-11-27 05:58:10

hello everyone! i love this game.
i have a few issues, though.
the 2 finger double tap to roll in loodo doesn't always work, and double tapping also can take a few times to work.
also if you swipe right to quickly, it sometimes mistakes that as a double tap as well.
Thanks and i hope you can fix it.

2018-11-28 18:44:52

they don't like you to reply here, they prefer for you to send bug reports and such through the game itself so they can get your info and get better understandings of what is going on. There's an option somewhere, I think in account or on your user page. They don't really check for bugs here.

If you can't put in a good e-mail from your phone, get their e-mail address and send one from the computer, and just briefly mention that you'll be sending them a report via the game in a couple minutes and they'll understand. I've had to do that a couple times.

2018-11-29 08:59:56

Hi.
The name of the topic should be changed to Game World as well. I haven't looked much at the new interface, but it seems great.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen