2006-02-13 20:32:43

Hi everyone. I had a cd, with lots of games on it. Also civ1 was there. I played it through the night and realised that this is a key to a cool game.

First, you start with a settler unit. Then you move it with arrows. Then the game pops up a message, that this is a great location for your city. You just press the b key. Type in the city name and begin operating with that. That was a thing I couldn't cope with.

So! Our friends Robjoy and Parham. This will be your first mission. And if the game is cool, then I'll donate.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2006-02-14 07:46:12

I played Civ 1 with sight when I was able to, it is a great game but I find that I really need to be able to see the map. It's so big, and you need to really plan things on a whole-map scale rather than focusing on certain areas of the map, especially for long distance settling and invasions.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-14 13:59:24

hello icemaster. i like the idea personally, but i'm not available to start coding it right now, because i'm coding a really cool game called... oh wait wait, i'm not going to tell you the name right now tongue well, when, at least, a quarter of my game is complete, we'll put a trailler and some information about how this game would look like on the website. but we are 3! i hope yakir or robert can put a skedual for it... more messages will be posted from lighttech soon!

2006-02-15 01:56:32

And the spoiler says: "That game is...*drumroll* Light cars?"

2006-02-15 22:04:35

You lose one thousand dollars.
It is not that game.
RJ.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-02-15 22:26:05

It probably ahs to do with light sabors.

That was a problem with galaxy ranger - Igor decided to make everything first person which really made it harder to tell where your unit was on the map.  Of course coordinates helped but it wasn't as easy to picture a grid in my head as it might have been had he gone the third person route.  By that I mean have a camera or aircraft fly around representing you where you can go anywhere and see the action.  Age of Empires used that and so do many other games I imagine.  It really helpe since you can follow the routes of enemy vehicles in your allotted land (a "fog of war" does not let you see what the enemy is doing at their headquarters).

James

2006-02-16 03:07:40

Hmmm, I remember saying something about this in another topic but oh well. I'd love to play some stratogy type stuff, Galaxy ranger was fun, as far as it went but a bit more complexity would've been great.

One thing that occurred to me was to keep the co-ordinates system, but occasionally let you pause the game and just wander around the grid with your cursers, of course the enmy wouldn't show up on a square unless one of your units had encountered them, but this way would let you get a bigger picture than in Galaxy ranger.

If accessible civ is being planned, great!
I'll look forward to it's appearence.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)