2018-11-23 11:54:36

This is a very simple version of the classic game.
Any and all feedback please use the contact email on www.woodsideapps.co.uk

Our latest iOS game Minesweeper Deluxe
The game just gets harder...
https://apple.co/2Ag3tCQ
#iOS #Game #a11y #Accessible

2018-11-23 16:11:51

Hi. Congratulations on the new release.  What I am about to say next is my own personal opinion. Firstly, why is it called minesweeper deluxe? As far as I understand, this is just the normal version of minesweeper. I also really feel that a game like minesweeper should not be paid. I’m not saying it’s bad, but  as far as I understand, it hasn’t got any extra features. This is just constructive criticism.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-11-23 18:24:31

@rtt, I can't speak  on mine sweeper yet but I'm just trying out super tile smash with a view to creating db entires and I can say the amount of extra levels, game modes, alternative tile sets etc make that a pretty well customized game even if it is basically tetris.

I'll  likely get to this one in time, but I'd suggest myself checking first just to see how  extensively designed the game is.
After all, while yes, there are two accessible free  mine sweeper games for pc at the moment, (plus the minigame in crazy party), Gma mine buster and BG Mine sweepr, at the same time, they both have relatively basic functions as regards game customisation.

EG  both just have a customizable grid size, and play in single games not levels, with no changes to sound  scheme, possible game mode varients etc.

Plus of course, there aren't I believe any  other Ios mine sweeper games accessible as yet, and besides,  I don't think anyone could call  game that costs just 69 p here in the uk over priced, hell  you could just about buy a   chocolate bar for that, but not much else big_smile.

Its 99 cents in America I think.

of course, I've not played the game yet myself, so I could be entirely wrong, though I'mmore than happy to chuck another 69 p to support the developers of Knight commander anyway big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-24 03:23:47

Tyflos Accessible Software, has one but I forget if I had to pay or not.

2018-11-24 11:06:39

Hi.
I simply don't get how to play Super Tile Smash. I don't know how the peaces moves when clicking on them. I click one of the peaces which I wanna move, and then I can't find it again. The instructions in the game aren't good enough for me at leased. I think the game is good if you can figure it out and know how to play the game. I just find it confusing, but won't say anything bad about the game because of this... smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-24 21:57:51

hi
cool game
I see you stopped using Unity, what are you using to build this?

great game

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-11-25 02:00:16

@Slj, just  tried super tile smash yesterday.
First I would recommend turning on easy mode, that way when you  find a block you can smash it always tells you how many blocks are connected.

Basically to explain, in   the normal mode of the game things work a bit like block party or that old game jaw breaker.
You have a grid of  coloured blocks. If two or more blocks of the same colour are  tourching horrizontally or vertically you can double tap on them to break them, easy mode let you know when you have a breakable block.

Obviously if you smash some lower blocks, the upper ones will fall down ontop of the lower ones.
There are also extra modes that change how the game proresses.In the normal game you have to break so many blocks per level to progress, other modes change how the blocks move when they fall EG if they just fall down or if they go to the right, or they give you more blocks on the grid to play with.

I will admit it helps that I was able to see the coloured blocks on my Iphone screen to get an idea how the game worked, though after playing with the coloured  option I switched the screen curtain on and found I could work out what was happening, although I found easy mode very necessary and I haven't tried any of the other game types as yet.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-25 19:54:38

Its .99 that's nothing for a fun game! Can't wait to try this!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-11-25 20:21:35

Okay gave this one a try.

I will confess I am a trifle disappointed with both the lack of options and the difficulty of the game itself.
Firstly, while I like the colour coding for safe vs mined swares  vo announces very well coordinates and mines, I am having trouble visualising the board if I don't actually look at my screen (something I don't usually bother with owing to its small size, but noticeable when looking at coloured blocks and such).

In accessible windows versions of mine sweepr you can use the arrow keys to move around the board and get announced info, but also in some varients use the keys to look around your current square without moving the focus.
this might be helpful here, particularly as for some odd reason I find it harder to keep track of my position on the grid mentally when flicking  down left and right  the vo report of coordinates and mined vs none minded status.

Secondly I would really! like some sound effects, for digging the squares, for empty squares revealed when you hit one square, and of course for hitting a mine, indeed sounds could possibly help information wise by letting you know possible danger in surrounding squares.
I confess lack of sound is a severe disapointment even in a puzzle game.

lastly, I really wish there was some way of varying game experience here, especially for people who are less use to mine sweeper, or want a tutorial on the game, particularly since I found this version harder than either  the pc versions I've tried.

Still, again its nice to see an accessible version of a puzzle game, and I definitely hope to see more updates to this one in the future.

2018-11-26 03:26:48

This sounds interesting. I never knew I liked Minesweeper until I played the version in Crazy Party, and I enjoy that one quite a lot. I also had no idea that there were a couple of other alternatives for Windows versions, so thanks for that info.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-11-26 09:31:41

Hi.
@Dark: thanks a lot for the explanation about Super tile Smash. It makes great sense.
Regarding Minesweeper: I Don't have any trouble at all by navigating. Here is what I do:
1. Turn the rotor to horizontally navigation.
2. Swipe up, down, left or right just like arrow keys, and you can easily navigate the whole board as you wish.
3. VOiceover might tell a number after the coordinates. That means the amount of minds around the square you have selected.
An example:
If VOiceover announces the number 1, that means there is one mind in one of the 4 directions around you. If it announces two, that means there are minds on two squares around you.
The difficulty is very high in this game. I was very close to beat level one, but I made a small mistake and boom... big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-11-26 17:51:43

@Slj, I've been using vertical navigation (its a standard in many games like the word search puzzles and indeed super tile smash), but the problem in mine sweeper is unless I've misunderstood the rules, when you hit a square with a 1 in it, that means that there is a mine in the 8 squares around, diagonals too, so what you need to do when you hit a square with a 1 in it, is compare it to all the surrounding squares, EG if there are two squares that  have ones next to a square, that means that square has more chances of having a mine in it, it therefore becomes a game of overview and logic.

Not counting the crazy party version which is a trifle different anyway, since uncovering one square doesn't automatically uncover all the close by empty squares, I think the one I got on best with was the BG version, and part of that was due to being able to get a clearer visual over view of the board.

2018-11-27 08:55:19

Hi.
@Dark: If a square mentions the number two or three, it means the mine is bigger and takes up two or three squares. I hope it makes sense.

Best regards SLJ.